Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Router with SIM Card

Options
  • 21-06-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have access to my old family house which is near the sea in an area that does not get a mobile phone signal easily. For the last couple of years I have had a Huawei E5577 dongle with an Eir/GoMo SIM. This works well enough but I need remote access so it is plugged in all the time. I had to replace the dongle battery last summer as it has expanded.
    I would like to get a router that takes a SIM but no point in paying huge money (which I would at home). I would also like a router that takes an external antenna. I have seen various ones recommended here like the Huawei B525 and B535, D-Link DWR-921 but they are in the range of £100 to £150 on Amazon. I see the B311 is £60 and has similar performance to the dongle (150 Mbps down and 50 Mbps up). Any good reason that I shouldn’t go for this?

Advertisement