Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A couple of new bits today,
    A Super Gameboy 2 adaptor for my Snes, much like the original but with some extra features like more borders and it can take a link cable.
    I also got Tingle's Balloon Fight, a remake of Balloon Fight with the wanna-be fairy from Legend of Zelda MM, it was a Japanese Nintendo Club exclusive for the DS.
    And lastly, but by no means least, the Kirby Dreamland Collection, a collection of Kirby games to celebrate the franchises 20th anniversary, back in 2012. It's for the Wii and lovely, comes with most of the 8 and 16 bit Kirby games, plus the one on the N64 and more, I have most of them already but it's such a nice collection with an art book and soundtrack CD that I had to own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got my Mario All-stars 3d and picked up New Super Mario Bros Deluxe to boot, Mario 64 is as beautiful as ever, ive not tried Sunshine or Galaxy never really played either of them when they came out originally so looking forward to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I got a Genki dock today. Pretty nice piece of kit which you'd expect for the price.

Will be great if travelling ever happens again. For now, it means I can use it in my office when on fun conference calls!

I also got Super Mario 3D All Stars and got sucked into some Super Mario Galaxy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/our-books/34-anthology-64-classic-edition-9782380170108.html

Finally got a copy of the Nintendo 64 Anthology from Geeks Line. Delivered today from Book Depository despite not being officially released for until 30 September.

This is a new print run as the original release went out of print pretty quickly a few years back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/our-books/34-anthology-64-classic-edition-9782380170108.html

Finally got a copy of the Nintendo 64 Anthology from Geeks Line. Delivered today from Book Depository despite not being officially released for until 30 September.

This is a new print run as the original release went out of print pretty quickly a few years back.

I was only looking this up last night after completely forgetting about it for years, psychic link clearly.

What's the content like? Documentary style or discourse and chat? I've been eyeing the Gamecube one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Rhyme wrote: »
    I was only looking this up last night after completely forgetting about it for years, psychic link clearly.

What's the content like? Documentary style or discourse and chat? I've been eyeing the Gamecube one.

It's a little of both. Definitely has the author's opinion throughout but framed within a comprehensive overview of all aspects of the console. That's more my take from the Gamecube one which I got a while back but from flicking through this one, it is the same structure.

Photo of the forward from the book attached to give a bit of feel for the content.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, Mario Kart Live is on its way from Nintendo.
    I probably should have simply ordered it from Smyth's but now it's coming in via Parcel Motel so it'll be Tuesday before I have it!
    Regardless, I'm already eyeing up the kitchen floor for track designs...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, Mario Kart Live is on its way from Nintendo.
    I probably should have simply ordered it from Smyth's but now it's coming in via Parcel Motel so it'll be Tuesday before I have it!
    Regardless, I'm already eyeing up the kitchen floor for track designs...

Nintendo UK still hasn't processed payment or sent my Mario + Luigi ones out.

It's not like them and I ordered a few minutes after they went live, ggrrr

Tempted to cancel and go drive up to Smyths Cidey.

I did snag 3 Mario Posters with my 300 available platimum points yesterday, 7e posage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kingbowser

Looking at videos of this vs cats: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/10/random_yep_cats_really_arent_liking_mario_kart_live_home_circuit
    This is going to be HUGE or it could be if it was cheaper ...
    It's like Animal Crossing all over again: Lockdown + this.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Wolfenstein II in the great Brand Max wild goose chase €18 seems a bit of a buy and try price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Got New Super Mario Brothers for the DS from Amazon de, second hand from a company called medimops.
    Was a bit late, but seems in great condition. Will try it later on. Was 21 quid delivered. My one and only DS game :)
    I know the New series is quite similar, but they're still brilliant pick up and play fun.

Yep, I've heard about DS pirate multi game carts, but I'd totally forgotten about them.
    But I can't believe they are actually on sale on Amazon e.g. France.
    Not even without searching, just recommended front page stuff.
    How come Nintendo, Amazon allows this ?
    Can anyone just sell illegal stuff on Amazon ?
    I see they are even sold by Amazon.
    Mad!

Anyway, enjoying my legitimate 20 quid second hand classic DS game.
    It's pretty good vs 3DS New Super Mario Bros 2.
    I like the way when he drops down the pipe, it uses the lower screen.
    Also, the top screen is a little larger on the 3DS, so there are borders.
    The bottom seems to be the same as the DS.
    Also, it looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Danny_DeVito

Picked up another 3DS this week, which is in perfect condition (unfortunately jalibroken though, but the previous owner has a few good games on there)!

And in the recent eShop sale I got Alien Isolation, South Park Stick of Truth and Yooka Laylee, which I’ll hopefully find truer to Banjo Kazooie than most do. The backlog continues to grow!

Just got LoZ Phantom Hourglass DS from Amazon France Marketplace seller.
    Was supposed to be in "très bon" condition for 25 quid delivered.

But got a cartridge in a jiffy bag. No box, nothing. OK, I can deal with this.
    Then look at the cartridge. Total wreck. Even some of plastic guides are broken.
    No way am I putting this in my 2DS XL.
    Or maybe I can remove some of those guides, rather than them getting stuck inside.

**** that. Pity it wasn't Amazon fulfilment. I will send it back. But lose out on postage both ways.
    And no guarantee the seller return the money.

Quelle slimy grenouille

Well, it's certainly taken the shine off getting some back catalogue stuff. Have a few more used DS items on the way from different sellers and from amazon uk, fr, de. Bloody Amazon app is a curse. :) Will call it a day after that.

I picked up a Flashboy+ for my Nintendo Virtual Boy yesterday.
    Sold as non-working, turns out it is working just fine, at least with the flashing software I have to hand for it.
    I owned one of these before and sold it on, it allows you to flash a single game to it and play it on the Virtual Boy, which is handy given how expensive some of the rarer games can be,
    I already have a pretty decent little library of nine or ten games for it, but this lets me play some of the harder to find titles, as well as the homebrew that has appeared over the past few years.
    The following video is the game, Space Invaders Virtual Collection and I suppose it doesn't quite show it off, there being no 3D for starters!

Oh, I also got the original Metroid, for the NES.
    It was originally a Famicom Disk System game but, as that peripheral never made it out of Japan, it was released in the US on a cart.
    It didn't make it to European shores, afaik.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It definitely got a PAL release.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It definitely got a PAL release.

Apologies, I see that, in 1988, I was a mere cub of 16 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was about to say because I remember playing it on the NES back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got some nice Nintendo gets over the last month.
    Got a refurb snes. It's almost spotless and had some internal capacitors replaced. Came with the standard Super Mario World and SFII Turbo.

Also got a boxed super scope (decent enough condition) and an unboxed copy of Super Probotector (with a manual). I loved that game as a kid.

They'll also go nicely with the Satellaview I got in the A&R marketplace, when it arrives.

Currently playing (emulating) some NES and SNES lightgun games with my 2 new Sindens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Picked up the Link and Zelda First 4 Figures statue. Amiibo in photo for scale. Revali has been preordered. Bye bye money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ooh, light up function!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those with spare Platinum Points, there is a metal Lego Mario keyring available. 400 PP gets you a code. I ordered it from the French Nintendo shop with a €7 delivery charge.

Can't seem to provide a direct link to the actual page but there is a link on the homepage to the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

After lots of humming and hawing I got Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2 for the 3ds. About 40 quid new from Amazon france for both. Think I'm done with my 3ds/ds library now. It's about 12 games. 😝

Some absolute gems in there like a link between worlds and super mario 3d land. It's a shame we haven't had a successor to a link between worlds on the switch. It's miles ahead of links awakening.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Just bought a boxed Red Pokemon Y 3DS XL on facebook marketplace. £165 posted.

Don't see it on ebay, only the red XY version with the printed graphics, my one is plain so assuming it is rare but maybe not worth a lot.

Came with Link to the past, Ocarina of time, Luigi's Mansion 2, mario bros 1 and 2, super mario 64, triforce heros and 3 x Yo Kai watch games.

I'm always on the look out for interesting Nintendo hardware, but I think I have finally run out of systems to buy!

I think I am only lacking a N3DS XL, and a couple of early devices, such as the Nintendo Titler and a couple of their original devices.

I've a couple of Game and Watch handhelds but they have gotten very expensive so I am happy with my couple

Mine arrived today, it is a lovely thing.

There is a matching Luigi keyring but it's on the Lego website and it also needs points, but as I am not a customer of theirs really I will never have enough... also it is sold out!

• Advertisement

Physical copy of Raiden IV just landed today, after many delays, via Amazon.

Just love this franchise, it'd be lovely to see Raiden II and III, as well as the Jet side games released too.

Advertisement