Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Bargains

Options
  • 16-08-2003 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Im moving to Dublin next month for college, and as most of you will know, we gotta really scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to living.

So if you have any bargains relating to student life, post em' here for all to see.

To start, I summarised the cheapest beer in Dublin post;

Biere D'Or, Tescos, 87c per 500ml can.
    Excelsoir, Lidl, 94c per 500ml can.
    Superquinn Euroshopper beer, 99c per 500ml can.
    +regular special offers in Tesco and Dunnes Stores.

Here's some other stuff which we'll need cheap; Clothes, Food, Videos, Supplies (eg.stationary), Net access etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Pound/Euro shops can be surprisingly good for basic stationery.

When I was in Dublin a few years ago I found Reads on Nassau St. much better value than Easons -no idea what they prices are like these days though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Yup, reads are way cheaper than Easons - as all the signs tell ya when you go in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Oh, also bowlans is the cheapest place for sandwiches i've ever found, and they're also the nicest in town imho. 2.25 for your basic sandwich or 2.50 for a roll. Its just on a side road behind the hibernian shopping mall, off south great anne street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Try O'Sullivans just off Capel St for stationary and art supplies. Im told they have excellent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Can I borrow that pen ?
    Got some spare paper ?
    Hey look over there quickly!
    Do you mind if I put this in my mouth ?
    My dead dog liked that design alot...

And so on :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Donna, gimme a pen.
    Donna, gimme some paper
    Donna, will you get me notes