Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 11

Options
  • 29-01-2021 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Honorbuy are selling the Mi 11 for €639.
    It's the Chinese version with google play pre loaded.
    Are there any other issues with a chinese version ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Popey32

Wondering the same myself , aliexpress have them shipping from France but just not sure what the limitations are on the Chinese version , would you still get warranty or have issues with 4/5g etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How soon after xiaomi phones are released in China do the global versions become available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

How soon after xiaomi phones are released in China do the global versions become available?

The Global Launch event for the Mi 11 is rumoured to be Feb 8th.

In general though, it tends to be when ever the set is ready to go. so can be 2/3 weeks to 2 months. Normally 2 weeks to a month.

Global version will be an eye watering €800 for the base model

M11 launch event was just on and price is starting at 749€ for the 8gb ,128gb version, do you think that's good? . Supposed to come with 2 year warranty and will replace the screen in the first year if breaks . Comes with 55w charger , 500€ cheaper than Samsung

• Advertisement

Popey32 wrote: »
    M11 launch event was just on and price is starting at 749€ for the 8gb ,128gb version, do you think that's good? . Supposed to come with 2 year warranty and will replace the screen in the first year if breaks . Comes with 55w charger , 500€ cheaper than Samsung

Yeah, its OK was rumoured to be 799 so 749 is a little more palatable. I just watched the Techspurt review of the Global Mi 11 and it seems to be dual Sim 5g as well, Last year the MI 10 was dual sim in China but single Sim here in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Are any networks in ireland going to have this?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Are any networks in ireland going to have this?

On one of the slides in the Presentation, the 3 logo was visable, but that doesn't necessarily mean Three Ireland will have it.

Although Three and Xiaomi made a big deal about doing business together a few years back.

It's not €500 cheaper. You need to be comparing the M11 to the S21/S21+. The Mi 11 pro which is yet to be announced will be up against the S21 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭King_Joffery

I'm am also looking to upgrade my phone and wondering what is the best option. Between buying in Europe vs china. Coming from a one plus 6T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I'm am also looking to upgrade my phone and wondering what is the best option. Between buying in Europe vs china. Coming from a one plus 6T.

Wait and see what the oneplus 9 brings to the table

It's not €500 cheaper. You need to be comparing the M11 to the S21/S21+. The Mi 11 pro which is yet to be announced will be up against the S21 Ultra.

True , im comparing to the s21 ultra as m11 has better spec than all of the above . Your getting a snapdragon 888 which is much better than the Samsung Exynos , much better charging , will be great to see what they ad to the pro , but the standard mi 11 will do my fine at that price point

True , im comparing to the s21 ultra as m11 has better spec than all of the above . Your getting a snapdragon 888 which is much better than the Samsung Exynos , much better charging , will be great to see what they ad to the pro , but the standard mi 11 will do my fine at that price point

Supposedly there will be a mi 11 Pro and Ultra. From the rumours I've seen they'll have slightly bigger battery, fast charging and more cameras. I agree though that I think mi 11 is the sweet spot, I don't the pro and ultra will be worth the extra for only marginal spec bumps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Is there much of a difference, if I were to get the chinese ROM and upload the global rom instead of paying extra for the global version?

Saving of about 120 to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭GIMP

I wonder what are the chances the Irish networks will stock the Mi11?

Ordered this with 256Gb from Belsimpel, was €849, but comes with a free Mi watch.

Was looking at it on Amazon.de and it comes with the Mi watch. MI box S and a €150 Amazon voucher for Amazon.de. The possible catch here though is that you're required to have a German address. Was thinking about getting a Mailbox.de account and using that, but they're not taking new sign ups at the moment, and it might have been all in vain any way.

Amazon.fr have the 128Gb model and a €100 Amazon voucher, so thats OK if you're happy enough with 128Gb. Some terms and conditions apply there too. but I didn't see a residency requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

GIMP wrote: »

Slim to nil.

Three made a big hullabaloo a few years back about a partnership with Xiaomi, and then proceeded to list 3 (at the time) old phones for sale. They've expanded that line up by a total of 1, so they are still selling the same phones (+1) that they were at the start of their partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

Zero I reckon

Vodafone sell three Xiaomi Redmi (budget) handsets already, would love to see Mi11 as Huawei is no longer a viable brand for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

Ordered this with 256Gb from Belsimpel, was €849, but comes with a free Mi watch.

Did you receive the phone yet, would you recommend Belsimpel?

• Advertisement

Fidoodles wrote: »
    Did you receive the phone yet, would you recommend Belsimpel?

No, I had it on pre-order with them, then on monday they said it would be available on the 9th, status changed on the 9th to in stock 2-4 days. So I saw it shipping on Amazon Fr last night, ordered it there and cancelled my Belsimpel order. It's already shipped from Amazon.fr, and being delivered Monday.

The Belsimpel one was Black, 256Gb, the AmFr one is 128Gb, which I'm fine with.
    Also, the Belsimpel one had a free Mi watch, but thats supplied by Xiaomi Nl, and the terms and conditions say you need to be resident in Nl/BEL/LUX, so I probably wouldn't have qualified.

Price wise, Belsimpel was €849, The French one is €749 but I get a €100 voucher for Amazon.Fr, so I'm happy with that.

I've used Belsimpel before though, and found them pretty good. Had they got stock in, I'd happily have waited for it.

The whole launch thing from Xiaomi seems a bit dragged out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Arthur45

It is way to expensive, I'll stay with my P30 for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

@ heraldoffreeent

Just wondering if it arrived yet and what you think of it? I read somewhere that it doesn't play nicely with Android Auto?

I'm still on a OnePlus 5t and was holding out for tje OnePlus 9 but reviews have been disappointing. At the moment torn between the Pixel 4A 5G (screen on the Pixel 5 is too small) and the mi 11. Main thing putting me off the mi11 is the curved screen and weird bezel asymmetry at the corners.

digitaldr wrote: »
    @ heraldoffreeent

Just wondering if it arrived yet and what you think of it? I read somewhere that it doesn't play nicely with Android Auto?

I'm still on a OnePlus 5t and was holding out for tje OnePlus 9 but reviews have been disappointing. At the moment torn between the Pixel 4A 5G (screen on the Pixel 5 is too small) and the mi 11. Main thing putting me off the mi11 is the curved screen and weird bezel asymmetry at the corners.

It did, arrived the day before Paddy's day.
    I'm really happy with it, and I'm coming to it from a Mi 10T and a Oneplus 8.

I was accustomed to the MIUI interface with the Mi10T, so I knew what I was getting there, As for the corners, I don't really notice them. The screen is brilliant, really vibrant, hi-res, lots of Pixels. It's very smooth, even at 60Hz, but it's blindingly so at 120Hz.

I'm not really a Camera user, So can't really comment on that, although I did try to zoom in on the Garda Chopper over O'Connell St last Saturday during the protest, results weren't good. I was probably two miles away, and just keeping the thing steady while focussing was difficult, then again it's 30x digital zoom, so its really only cropping. Other than that I've not bothered. If you were into that the Pro and Ultra seem to have interesting Camera setups with Periscope zoom etc.

Dunno about the Android auto, my car is Pre that (2017), and since I've driven about 5000Mls in the last 16 months, unlikely to change anytime soon.

I'm OK with the curved screen, had it on the Oneplus 8, and it was one of the only things I liked about the One+. The Mi 10T was flat screen and I suddenly disliked that.

Also, the weight is ideal, its about 196 Grams, the One+ 8 is 186, and the Mi 10T was 219Grams, with the lower weight and the curved screen, slimmer thickness, its handy to hold for what is a large screen.

What I liked also was how smooth the set up was, especially for 5G which works right out of the box on both SIMs (You'd imagine that would be the norm, but the One+ was a nightmare for this, and still only one SIM will work).

I had a cursory glance at the Oneplus 9 launch last week, I couldn't figure out which one I'd buy, and then I realised I wouldn't, there isn't €250 extra benefit in the 0ne+ pro over the Mi 11, and the Mi 11 screen quality is nearly worth the difference between the One+ 9 and Mi 11 alone, not to mention the Victus, larger screen and 50w wireless charging.

I got a 55w Wireless charger delivered this week, so I've been playing around with that, it's brilliant, charges from 0-100% in 44 Mins.

In summary, I'm well happy with it, I can see it doing me for 2 years or more and that's what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks for that - much appreciated. Does Netflix work in HD? I was tempted to buy off Aliexpress but would be concerned that good chance "global version" would actually be Chinese with some kind of flashed ROM. How did you get the €100 amazon.fr voucher?
    Anyone else know about Android Auto?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Thanks for that - much appreciated. Does Netflix work in HD? I was tempted to buy off Aliexpress but would be concerned that good chance "global version" would actually be Chinese with some kind of flashed ROM. How did you get the €100 amazon.fr voucher?
    Anyone else know about Android Auto?

Yeah, Netflix is fine, it's widevine level 1.
    The biggest problem with the Mi 11 seems to be supply, I'd ordered from Belsimpel and it became available, and there was an offer for Mi watch etc. It lasted a couple of hours at the most, and then was back to 2/4 days wait, that was 256Gb @ €799, now that price is €860 I think.

With Amazon.fr, it was 749, with 128Gb, and a 100 euro voucher while stocks last, or between Feb8th and Mar 31. I got my order in during this timeframe, and I now have the €100 discount code.Now, however, price is 750-789 for 256Gb but no Amazon Voucher.

There was an offer on Amazon.de as well, which gave you Wireless buds, watch and something else, but that disappeared pretty quickly.

I know what you mean re Ordering from Ali or EUglobal, I got a Huawei p10 of Eglobal a few years ago, I was very happy with it, I got the Oneplus 8 last year, CN version, flashed with Global ROM and I've whinged and moaned about that enough on here. But, I also knew that it was the CN version flashed I was getting, so I can only blame my self.

What problems if any could I expect to see with buying Chinese handset flashed with global rom? Thinking about getting this. Says in their faq the flashed global rom still gets ota updates

Mi Ultra and Pro launched yesterday, looks like Pro is China release only. Ultra looks good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/xiaomi-mi-11-ultra-has-second-display-on-camera-bump/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mi Ultra and Pro launched yesterday, looks like Pro is China release only. Ultra looks good

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/xiaomi-mi-11-ultra-has-second-display-on-camera-bump/

That's my size screen good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The mi11 ultra looks quality and a proper competitor to the s21. Like a few I've been one plus but definitely feel the Op8 and op9 aren't much of an upgrade on my op7.

Am I correct in saying the. Mi11 is Google friendly still and not part of the ban?

Advertisement