Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Forum FAQ

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

nothing happens with that link?

this last week whenever i use boards.ie on my mobile i get the wide Desktop version

Check the settings, you might have it defaulted to request desktop site. Have you tried another browser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭GBX

^^^^^^^

this last week whenever i use boards.ie on my mobile i get the wide Desktop version

Maybe delete cookies then try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^^^^^^

Go down to the bottom of the page.
    You should see "touch site" in yellow between "contact us" and "log out".
    Tap on "touch site" and you should be back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Push Notifications

Hi hopefully someone can help me

How do i enable push notifications on my android

I think it must have been previously enabled

I have googled and tried the answers going into settings etc but getting nowhere

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

By the way Im not Tech savvy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi, this morning this error appeared on every Firefox tab I had open on my phone (Xiaomi MiA3), not sure if it's caused by Firefox on that phone (89.1.1) or by something else. Closing everything, clearing the cache and rebooting the phone didn't fix it. What can I do next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how do I increase the length of time my mobile rings before it goes to voicemail??😶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Will be setting up a smartphone for a first time user, wondering if I need to add a credit/debit card to Google in order to download from the Play Store or is there some way around that? I only want to download 3 or 4 apps to their phone, they are elderly so the internet isnt really a thing but now theyve finally gotten a smart phone it would be nice if they had access to RTE and maybe a weather app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭ofcork

You dont need to add a card for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Tablet problem here. I am trying to download an app from Google Play store. I have a Fire HD 8 tablet. Google play store only seems to recognise a Vodafone vpb 300 device to download the app to. Can I rectify this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭stratowide

Anyone know if the little led light that blinks to say you've got an email,text or WhatsApp message etc on black screen is a thing of the past..?

Got a new Samsung A32 and it seems to be missing.Always was on any phone I've had.

Very handy to see if any messages were unread without having to open screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fawlty towers

Can someone please recommend a controller for the shield please. I cannot seem to see the original on sale anywhere for a reasonable price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭ofcork

I am after getting a Google assistant widget on my home screen cannot get rid of it no matter what I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What is a digital image? I have been asked to upload the digital image of my new phones IMEI number. So can I take a picture of the number on the box it is in and upload this or do I actually have to be using the new phone and take a screenshot of the IMEI number there?

Tia

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

a digital image is an electronic photograph, so either a screenshot or a photo of the number on the box will both be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Would Amazon be a good or bad place to buy an expensive phone?

What would be the procedure if there was an issue with the phone down the line?

Advertisement