Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Life Balance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Just to clarify a couple of points -

Parking is not an option - I would have to use public transport. Most likely drive to a Luas stop and get the Luas. Dublin Bus may be an option but realistically that would take far longer.

I am aware that promotion is not guaranteed in any company, what I meant was there are promotional prospects in the new company. There are none and will be none in my current position. I am going no where my current role and while I'm desperately frustrated with that, putting my families needs is more important for me.

My gut it telling me stay where you are until your children are bigger. They will only be young once.

I appreciate the replies and have taken on board the answers and reasons for same.

I think your making the right call.

Normally, the overwhelming job security, pension, holiday and sick pay benefits would outweigh any other considerations, but your situation is a bit different.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'd stay put.

You like your job, it's paying the bills - what more do you want?

More money (possibly in time) but at what cost? Commuting, more stress, kids put out etc.

Plus you say you'd now need a childminder - they don't come cheap!

You are in effect adding maybe 25% to your working week, upsetting your kids and taking a hefty paycut for the privilege - are you mental??

You just failed your posting performance assessment. No increment for you.

Dear AndrewJRenko,

I understand you've unilaterally failed PKiernan in their performance assessment. This is totally unacceptable.

Please review this unacceptable position or we will need to begin industrial action.

Yours sincerely
    Chinese Whospers
    Most Powerful Union in the Universe Rep

• Registered Users Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dear AndrewJRenko,

I understand you've unilaterally failed PKiernan in their performance assessment. This is totally unacceptable.

Please review this unacceptable position or we will need to begin industrial action.

Yours sincerely
    Chinese Whospers
    Most Powerful Union in the Universe Rep

The 1970s called for you. They want their union back.

That kind of thing doesn't happen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The 1970s called for you. They want their union back.

That kind of thing doesn't happen today.

How many public workers are in receipt of PUP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pkiernan wrote: »

If you want me to do your research for you, we'll need to agree a good hourly rate.

Or if you have a point to make, perhaps you'd like to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭HartsHat

Pkiernan wrote: »

Why would we be on PUP? Has the public service stopped working?

Have the Gardaí stopped? Have Firemen? Have Doctors? Have Nurses? Physios? Have senior civil servants stopped implementing the Programme for Government? Is Air Traffic Control not working anymore? Has the Central Bank stopped regulated the financial services Sector? Have the Courts shut down?

Have all the soldiers and diplomats been brought back from the overseas postings?

Who do you think, for that matter, is processing the PUP payments?

Advertisement