Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-04-2012, 23:25   #1
mickysquint

FSX install problems, please help.

Hi guys, not sure if I have this in the right place so I'm gonna apologise now if I don't.
So I'm having trouble re-installing FSX. I recently decided to do a fresh install of FSX as the game keep shutting down for no reason. I removed it with no problems but when I put the disk in to re-install, I get the autoplay prompt, I can hear the disc spin for a couple of seconds then nothing else happens. So if I open the FSX files and right click, and run as administrator I get an error saying 'windows cannot access the specified device, path or file, you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item'. I haven't changed any settings and I don't really want to mess with any thing as I'd probably balls some thing else up.
Autoplay works fine installing other games or software, and the FSX disc works fine on another PC so there's obviously some thing wrong the PC I'm trying to re-installing it on.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers guys
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 13:52   #2

Activation

Have you "activated" the re install on the Microsoft website? Might sound obvious, thought I'd throw it out though.
22-04-2012, 14:02   #3
Jammyc

Might be a stupid one also, but IIRC FSX has multiple install disks, are you sure its the first one you're inserting?
23-04-2012, 11:47   #4
A320

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/inde...stop-crashing/

Try this maybe,its just a guess but I had similar probs a while back

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size