Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-11-2019, 19:56   #46
Movie Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spence View Post
http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/...-go-just-black

Ok so this seems like a great deal for a very good mid range phone with a flagship camera in it, €399 on the google store at the moment and it will drop to at least €349 on black friday but I cannot see it getting as cheap as €249.

Review here https://www.tomsguide.com/us/google-...view-6452.html

Ok so the deal is only valid if you are porting you number to vodafone, so I just ordered a free sim from eir which I received in a few days, popped in my eir sim to get the verification code then put my 3 sim back in and completed my purchase.

So I picked up a €10 eir sim on the way home from work and took out my current eir sim and replaced it with the new one.
How exactly do I get this verification code? At some stage in the purchase process are you asked for this verification code?
When ordering the phone do I choose the option to say I am a Vodafone customer or not?
Advertisement
06-11-2019, 20:01   #47
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Maestro View Post
So I picked up a €10 eir sim on the way home from work and took out my current eir sim and replaced it with the new one.
How exactly do I get this verification code? At some stage in the purchase process are you asked for this verification code?
When ordering the phone do I choose the option to say I am a Vodafone customer or not?
When you go to buy it, choose the option moving to Vodafone which will update the price to 250. Next page will ask for your current provider and phone number. There will be a button to send verification number. Took me a few seconds to receive mine. Enter the code and you'll be allowed to continue with the purchase.
Thanks from:
06-11-2019, 20:08   #48
Movie Maestro

Cheers Zero-Cool!!!
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 12:08   #49
AndyOHart

Is this locked to Vodafone? I know Google phones are unlocked but some people in work said the Vodafone ones will have Vodafone apps and stuff on it and be locked.
Anybody avail of the offer and let us know?
07-11-2019, 12:11   #50
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOHart View Post
Is this locked to Vodafone? I know Google phones are unlocked but some people in work said the Vodafone ones will have Vodafone apps and stuff on it and be locked.
Ordered mine Tuesday night. Status is currently 'waiting to dispatch'. Someone had posted already that's it's fully unlocked and worked with their 3 sim but I'll be testing it as soon as mine arrives.
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 13:05   #51
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOHart View Post
No Vodafone apps, and the phone is unlocked.
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 13:06   #52
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Ordered mine Tuesday night. Status is currently 'waiting to dispatch'. Someone had posted already that's it's fully unlocked and worked with their 3 sim but I'll be testing it as soon as mine arrives.
Their tracking is rubbish. One of my orders said it was still processing, and I got a call from my local Vodafone shop to say it was ready for collection.
Thanks from:
07-11-2019, 19:13   #53
Sappy404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Their tracking is rubbish. One of my orders said it was still processing, and I got a call from my local Vodafone shop to say it was ready for collection.
Thanks for this. Mine said still processing. I'll give them a call. How long did it take for yours to arrive in store after you ordered?
07-11-2019, 19:16   #54
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Mine switched to 'completed - shipped' today so hopefully get it tomorrow or Monday!
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 20:06   #55
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappy404 View Post
Thanks for this. Mine said still processing. I'll give them a call. How long did it take for yours to arrive in store after you ordered?
The one in the store was the next day, I think. My first order took 9 days to my house. Both were delivered the same day.
07-11-2019, 20:36   #56
naglycd

Did anyone got white one? Just wondering if white one was ever in stock.
07-11-2019, 21:09   #57
wilser

Would this be a better buy than a pixel 2xl?
07-11-2019, 21:16   #58
long_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilser View Post
Would this be a better buy than a pixel 2xl?
I'd go with the 2XL all day (at tje same price)

https://youtu.be/nAVeNl-qis8

Last edited by long_b; 07-11-2019 at 22:25.
Thanks from:
08-11-2019, 03:07   #59
bargainboy

how would i go about getting this phone as i am already a vodaphone pay as you go customer and they would have my details and the name and address would match on my credit card would match the name of my vodaphone payg account i have a couple of lyca phone sims so no trouble there ,all help appreciated thanks .
08-11-2019, 04:24   #60
Basil3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargainboy View Post
how would i go about getting this phone as i am already a vodaphone pay as you go customer and they would have my details and the name and address would match on my credit card would match the name of my vodaphone payg account i have a couple of lyca phone sims so no trouble there ,all help appreciated thanks .
I don't think you'd have any problem regarding already being a customer. You might have a problem using a Lyca SIM, though. I'm not sure they'll accept it.

The easiest way to find out is just try it.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion