Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-04-2016, 22:26   #16
Mad4road

Looks like a success so far. Fair play for having the balls to go ahead with it man ! Looks like a great choice
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-04-2016, 22:34   #17
pillphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobless View Post
So with this procedure is there any chance the transplanted hair may go again?.. I assume you'd have to go back if it started to recede at the sides?
AFAIK the transplanted hair should be fine, however the rest of your hair may continue to recede (if it would have anyway had you not had the procedure). To prevent this, you need to take something to prevent further hair loss indefinitely.
That's what's putting me off.
Thanks from:
22-04-2016, 00:30   #18
Irish_rat

It's the drugs you have to take with it that bother me. Otherwise it's a no brainer. In a few years it will be more advanced.

They did a great job for you in Turkey you can see it already. Hopefully it goes all well when it grows in a few months.
(2) thanks from:
06-06-2016, 16:50   #19
azMark09

This post has been deleted.
06-06-2016, 18:42   #20
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by azMark09
I really want to get this done but because it's Turkey, I can't help but have reservations. Also, because I suffer from depression, anything which comes with medication gives me concern.

The end result may help with your depression. I'm sure you could find out what meds you'd need to take and then talk to your GP. Get their advice.
Advertisement
28-08-2016, 01:39   #21
MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler 186f View Post
A few folks have PM'd me asking for some further info and progress pics, I wasn't sure how to send pics so here goes.

The main doctor at the clinic is called Doctor Acar (on youtube), the place is called Cosmedica (videos of procedure are on youtube) which is located inside the Medical Park Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey.
Here the link for them http://www.whatclinic.com/hair-loss/...air-transplant
Their price includes up to 5000 grafts, two nights hotel, airport and hotel to clinic transfer. A lot more than anything we would get here for €2000.
hey man, any update on this now that's August? any pics now?

maybe this thread should be moved to The Gentlemen's Club
28-08-2016, 04:24   #22
DERICKOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantGetNoSleep View Post
Is this also valid for pubes?
Can some one tell me why i should not be Laughing ar this.
28-08-2016, 20:12   #23
Kepler 186f

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiecasey View Post
hey man, any update on this now that's August? any pics now?

maybe this thread should be moved to The Gentlemen's Club
Hi, yes 8 months in and I'm happy with the progress. Not as thick at the crown area but I knew that would be the case and majority of work occurred at the front on top. No regrets, here are a few pics ....

I concur with your thoughts in this thread potentially being moved to The Gentlemen's Club
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (64.0 KB, 1316 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (100.1 KB, 1207 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (80.4 KB, 1428 views)
29-08-2016, 00:23   #24
dodzy

Quote:
Hi, yes 8 months in and I'm happy with the progress. Not as thick at the crown area but I knew that would be the case and majority of work occurred at the front on top. No regrets, here are a few pics ....

I concur with your thoughts in this thread potentially being moved to The Gentlemen's Club
Well done Kepler, looking good. On reflection, it's prob the best money you've ever spent ?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-08-2016, 00:28   #25
Phoenix Wright

Great results Kepler, congratulations. Are you currently taking Finasteride?
29-08-2016, 06:23   #26
Kepler 186f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Wright View Post
Great results Kepler, congratulations. Are you currently taking Finasteride?
Cheers, I haven't been taking finasteride due to one of its potential side affects. It was recommended by the Doc so I am now considering on starting it
Thanks from:
29-08-2016, 06:24   #27
Kepler 186f

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodzy View Post
Well done Kepler, looking good. On reflection, it's prob the best money you've ever spent ?
Cheers, definitely the best value for money that I've ever spent
29-08-2016, 10:38   #28
mrcheez

Quote:

Nice one, looking great, will the hair thicken up more or would that basically require more implants?
29-08-2016, 22:13   #29
Kepler 186f

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
Nice one, looking great, will the hair thicken up more or would that basically require more implants?
Hi there, I hope it will and the Clinic advises that the maximum results will be evident after one year. What makes sense is that after four months there was an improvement, after 8 a drastic improvement when I look back at pre op pics.
Besides the hair growing longer in the crown area, I'm not sure that'll thicken up much more as it wasn't the main transplanted area.
I of course could get a second round to focus on that area but I'm not sure I would personally risk travelling back to Turkey. I'll take round 1 as a win and leave it as is.
Good luck to all
Thanks from:
29-08-2016, 23:05   #30
mrcheez

Quote:
Hi there, I hope it will and the Clinic advises that the maximum results will be evident after one year.
Interesting, is it that some of the new follicles haven't started to grow yet, or does each hair gain thickness over time?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion