Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute Rathfarnham to DCU Alpha

Options
  • 01-06-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, could anyone please advise on the commute for someone living in Rathfarnham (near The Yellow House pub) and thinking of working in DCU Alpha in Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin?

I don't think there is a great way to do this by bus, so they would probably look at driving (if parking is available).

Google Maps says it's a 25-27 drive, but there is no traffic now (due to Covid 19), any idea what this will be like when we get back to our normal rush hour traffic?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

15B and the 83 or 16 and 11. If they can start at 8AM itll only be crappy on the homeward journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emmaboard

Thanks ED E, yes starting early might ease the pain a bit if it's possible

Anyone know about the drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

I commuted from Sandyford for 4 years to DCU alpha, I cycled in and out everyday. Was tiring at first, but got used to it pretty quickly.

The drive is pretty horrible, unless you are in before 8 and out before 4 each day. It's either M50 or in and out of town. And can be variable, anything from 20 mins to an hour (or more).

Cycling I did it at relaxed pace in about 40 mins, no matter what the day or time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Springy Turf

This is a definite candidate for cycling. If you feel the distance is an issue, e-bikes are a great option these days. It will be consistently faster than any other mode of transport.

Advertisement