Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

'ang on, 'ang on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

we have dropped in odds for the game tomorrow.

Maybe some 1st team players are playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What did he do to deserve it?

We all know how appointing a legend who proved nothing as a manager in at United turned out....

everything,if you don't know that I can't help you
    Gerrard is the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool
    Stevie G
    Stephen

our captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just posted in the General Prem thread but how sweet would it be to see Hendo lift the Prem as captain of the current European , World Champions and with the highest Prem points total ever after the likes of Fergie wrote him off for his running style of all things,

Fergie didn't write him off. He was interested in signing him ffs.

And that's not what you said in the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It's the most wonderful time of the year
    With the kids jingle belling
    And everyone telling you be of good cheer
    It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the hap-happiest season of all
    With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
    When friends come to call
    It's the hap-happiest PREMIERSHIP season of all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Liam O wrote: »

“We looked at Jordan Henderson a lot, and Steve Bruce was unfailingly enthusiastic about him.

“But we noticed that Henderson runs from his knees, with a straight back.

“The modern footballer runs from his hips, and we thought this gait might cause him problems later in his career.”

Noticed Henderson doesn't run like a modern footballer. Sounds like writing him off to me! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

gimli2112 wrote: »
    everything,if you don't know that I can't help you
    Gerrard is the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool
    Stevie G
    Stephen

our captain

That is more cringe than John Terry captain leader legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭KevRossi

If we beat Norwich next time out, and if Spurs fail to beat Aston Villa the day after, then we will have qualified for the Champions League.

In mid-February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It is what I said ?

In his autobiography he said he looked at singing him but didn't due to the way he runs and it would cause injury later in his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

apt but couldn't make myself like that post

No, you're doing it wrong. Lap it up. This season is like an exorcism of failure.

The likes of the slippy G gif is all they had, but i can watch that now no bother knowing what was to become, that Jurgen Klopp would come to the club.

Mourinho himself is nothing now, just whoring himself out to Spurs ffs.

I knew Liverpool would win the league again one day, i just never imagined that the team that did it would be this good, the GOAT.

All the failures and disappointments that came before have been leading up to this.

Embrace it. Treasure the fume of other fans who hate and know deep down that this is the greatest team they've ever seen. They have no more excuses left. They're being laughed at when they do try to make an excuse.

This team are the European and World Champions and league champions elect.

Embrace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Someone post the video of him lifting the cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Guys pardon the ignorance here, what's the deal with "spygate" or is this just a blue moon conspiracy? I know 2/3 left city for Liverpool (scouts) but did we actually sign any of their targets or is just more mud slinging from City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gimli2112 wrote: »
    "This team is better than any Man City team ever" - Robbie Savage

he isn't wrong.

going by the data available, and what everybody would expect to happen over the course of the season, in terms of individual League winning sides, I would say that only Chelsea 04/05 and City 17/18 compete with this team.

now, the rest of this season's story has to be written, but it has been that dominant.

• Advertisement

Hopefully his knees can bear the weight of the league trophy he'll be lifting in May.

Thanks for stopping by.

Guys pardon the ignorance here, what's the deal with "spygate" or is this just a blue moon conspiracy? I know 2/3 left city for Liverpool (scouts) but did we actually sign any of their targets or is just more mud slinging from City?

The scouts that came to Liverpool from City literally still had the passwords for City's network so they accessed it. This was around 2012/13 so we didn't exactly benefit from it considering we were signing the likes of Fabio Borini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Someone post the video of him lifting the cups.

The one where he lifts from his knees?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    “We looked at Jordan Henderson a lot, and Steve Bruce was unfailingly enthusiastic about him.

“But we noticed that Henderson runs from his knees, with a straight back.

“The modern footballer runs from his hips, and we thought this gait might cause him problems later in his career.”

Noticed Henderson doesn't run like a modern footballer. Sounds like writing him off to me! :pac:

Read the first and last line of the quote. They looked at him a lot. They thought it would cause problems later in his career. Never said anything about his ability. It's like Liverpool not signing Fekir due to his knees. Though it was likely Fergie using his old no value in the market excuses to paper over the lack of investment from the Glazers in his later years.

yourdeadwright used it to get a bizarre dig about Fergie still being alive to see Henderson lifting the PL while European and World champions in the other thread.

Edit: no he didn't and I'm an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Read the first and last line of the quote. They looked at him a lot. They thought it would cause problems later in his career. Never said anything about his ability. It's like Liverpool not signing Fekir due to his knees. Though it was likely Fergie using his old no value in the market excuses to paper over the lack of investment from the Glazers in his later years.

yourdeadwright used it to get a bizarre dig about Fergie still being alive to see Henderson lifting the PL while European and World champions in the other thread.

Eh no no I did not say any such thing,
    I never mentioned Fergie being alive or dead in fact I said that was a bizarre comment .

8-10 made that comment your referring to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool still wanted to sign Fekir but wanted to restructure the payments based on appearances.

Don't think Yourdeadright said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wrong poster

My apologies. Read it wrong.

I'll leave it up as a showing of how stupid I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Nabil Fekir transfer fell through because he was a money grabbing bollix who along with his brother-in-law wanted to renegotiate his contract and include a commission for their family after he had completed the medical. Despite the knee injuries, the club were willing to sign him but the shenanigans with his brother-in-law killed the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I see the Monday meltdowns has moved to the general thread today,beautiful to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I see the Monday meltdowns has moved to the general thread today,beautiful to read

Well let me wander over there and have a sconce good sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

Critchley did the Press Conference today so Klopp is definitely off on his well earned hollibobs.

KevRossi wrote: »
    If we beat Norwich next time out, and if Spurs fail to beat Aston Villa the day after, then we will have qualified for the Champions League.

In mid-February.

We're soooo good we qualified last June! ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

eigrod wrote: »
    Critchley did the Press Conference today so Klopp is definitely off on his well earned hollibobs.

I look forward to collecting my 5 imaginary Internet points from noodler when the team is announced tomorrow.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I look forward to collecting my 5 imaginary Internet points from noodler when the team is announced tomorrow.

Liverpool 10/11 with PP. Odds of 13/5 for Shrewsbury. And we're playing the kids? I know it'll be an Anfield and the pitch will be better, but Shrewsbury were well up for it the last day and destroyed us in the second half when we'd a few, albeit returning from injury, first teamers.

Shrewsbury must love this stat...

Liverpool 4 W 0 Southampton
    West Ham United 0 W 2 Liverpool
    Shrewsbury Town 2 D 2 Liverpool
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 W 2 Liverpool
    Liverpool 2 W 0 Manchester United

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Love this line from Klopp:

"Did Hendo look like the captain of a team that is 19 points ahead? Not for a second. It looked like if we lose we are relegated."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Picked a few Critchley presser quotes from here:

Taking charge at Anfield: “Incredible really. I never thought it would happen once (being in charge of first team) let alone twice. Looking forward to what will be a special night. Young players will get a unique opportunity.”

"The club have done a great job with the ticket prices. It could be a full house, and hopefully an exciting game."

"You can't buy experience like that [Villa Carabao Cup game]. It's probably worth a million of my coaching sessions!"

“You learn so much about them but more importantly they learn more about themselves. I was pleased with a lot of aspects of that performance but I couldn’t help but be a little disappointed with the result. It was a little bit harsh on us. Yeah we got some plaudits for how we played but we didn't do well enough in both penalty boxes, that's not a recipe for getting success. If we want to go into a results driven business we got to win games of football. We didn’t keep the ball out at one end and we didn’t score in the other. Our aim is to try and do a lot better than that tomorrow”

“Shrewsbury deserved their replay. They created a lot of problems for us. Obviously we will have a different team but maybe the expectation is different for them given the team they will be facing. That's what makes it an intriguing, exciting cup tie. There's a bit of the unknown about the game”

"When you see the staggering season the first team is having, for the manager to still support the younger players and give them so many opportunities is remarkable really."

Asked about his team being written off: "Not inwardly, we're talking about doing well and what things we'll need to do well. Is there more pressure on Shrewsbury now to win the game because of the team we put out? Possibly. That might work in our favour. Maybe there’s not been enough spoken about Shrewsbury and how well they played in the first game and they deserved this replay. I’m sure their players are delighted they’re coming to Anfield on what should be a great night for them. Hopefully we can, I wouldn’t say spoil it but give a good account of ourselves as well.”

“It's important the messages are similar (to what Klopp would say). We work on our process, our plan. You're never quite sure what young players produce as still learning the game, but that's the beauty of giving them opportunities.”

On words from Klopp: “The manager has made it quite clear with his statement. He gives myself, staff and players unbelievable support. I can speak to him whenever I like when I'm down here. He supports the young players unbelievably well as he’s shown this season. Even when he isn't there, his presence is felt by younger players and myself.”

“I also think that maybe 1% that came into(Klopp’s) thinking the way we played against Aston Villa showed the boys deserved another opportunity”

Really shocked Shrewsbury are not favourites.

They have a bit of pace in their side as well.
    Be difficult for us to win. But a full crowd on a good pitch should help us keep the ball quite well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

My Brother's 24th Birthday today, Liverpool fan of course.

Just after realising we'd be 24 points clear on his 24th Birthday if it wasn't for that fcuking draw at Old Trafford.

Now it's really starting to p1ss me off :D

Henderson strong favourite for POTY now.

cdac0377c88ff17a5510c7f1816b0fa6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think the game tomorrow night will depend on how physical Shrewsbury are going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

it's like they were talking about JH early on in his Anfield career

Because he's the hero Gotham Liverpool deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TAA 11s
    Robbo 151s

It's tough being Scottish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

MD1990 wrote: »

Is Ramses Allison the greatest name for a player who has played for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ramses Allison founded the 19th Dynasty of Egypt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That's likely a result of Liverpool fans backing him in recent weeks to be fair

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

D'Agger wrote: »
    That's likely a result of Liverpool fans backing him in recent weeks to be fair

I'd say it has more to do with the recency bias at play in the Jan-Mar period of the year which is nearly all that counts in terms of the PoTY awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

still think VVD is the POTY, and the only reason he's not is because he won it last year.

i wouldn't begrudge it to Henderson one iota, obviously, as he'd be second for me. but i feel it needs to be said.

• Advertisement

sometimes the unspectacular needs to be celebrated
    Jordan Henderson is writing his name in our history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Why are there non-Liverpool players being mentioned??!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lads a serious question here. Does anybody know where I can purchase some inflatable Premier League replica trophies? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Or failing that you could always fashion one out of cardboard and tin foil like those FA Cup ones.

Like other long suffering fans on here I'm finally starting to accept/believe that this might actually now be our year...the Leicester result was key, and the manner of the Wolves away win sealed the deal in my head...obvs City totally sh1tting the bed has helped as well :-)

Find it slightly bemusing that fans are now selecting what game is preferable for us to mathematically seal it, and how many more records we can set before seasons end.

My one regret is that I changed jobs 18 months ago after nearly 10 years working with insufferable banterific ar$eholes in the old place....would love to saunter back in there in a couple of months carrying an inflatable and/or tin foil trophy over my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/RoyalANfield/status/1224241476814565376?s=20

Alisson Becker

Conducted more baptisms in the past couple of month's than goals he let in....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement