Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice to quit

Options
  • 19-09-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello
    I'm wondering what is the appropriate amount of time needed when giving notice that you are leaving your accommodation?
    To explain I moved in to shared accommodation last Monday and I hate it! I want to look somewhere else before I have to pay another month's rent and am wondering if I should give her notice now even though I don't have anywhere or should I wait? Also should I be entitled to my deposit if I am leaving within the month?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Is your tenancy covered by a lease? If so, check what it says re. notice. If there is no break lease clause, then you can offer to reassign your lease, and if the landlord refuses you are entitled to your deposit.

If there's no lease, you're probably covered under a Part 4 tenancy and you can find the notice required at prtb.ie.

If your landlord lives in the house then you're a licensee for which there are different guidelines.

Contact threshold for more info on your rights.

Advertisement