Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House values outside Dublin (preferably Cork)

Options
  • 17-09-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hello everybody

I was just wondering what peoples opinion on the prices of houses in Cork, more so the north side of cork city.

I read The Property Pin plus this forum and there is alot of talk of how house prices are still to high and i think the vast majority of the contributions are regarding Dublin.

Asking prices for Cork city north are generally 100 - 200 k.

Does any body know the non bubble price difference of Cork and Dublin property ,that might be used as an idicator as to where the market might stop?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Anybody out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Cork, Dublin, Athlone, Sligo...it's all the same story. Still a long way to fall in each and every one, albeit in a timeframe indeterminate and with variations due to location and property type.

My guess would be no less than another 25% fall on average on all Irish property over next 2 years. If someone wanted to estimate larger falls, I wouldn't argue with them. If someone wanted to estimate smaller falls, I probably would.

That theory would apply to Cork the same as anywhere, on the basis that I don't know what makes the Cork market immune to what's happening elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

not sure about north side but i keep an eye on west cork and the prices being asked are ridiculous and because of that very little is selling. Areas with more supply and demand have had more sales and a quicker drop in price and when you consider the amount of development that occured in commuter towns off the dublin road id imagine prices in those areas would have fallen far quicker then where im looking. Then again with that over supply they will drop by a greater margin too. Hang tough for a while yet me thinks.

Advertisement