Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Is Ozil definitely staying at Bremen?

They will hardly let him go for free? He has 1 year left AFAIK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

When does the season start lads?

I'm going to be based very near the Allianz Arena for August and early September..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

dfx- wrote: »
    When does the season start lads?

I'm going to be based very near the Allianz Arena for August and early September..

There you go. Opener v Wolfsburg August 20th.

Osu wrote: »
    Is Ozil definitely staying at Bremen?

They will hardly let him go for free? He has 1 year left AFAIK
    One years is right. They will seek to extend it but Allofs announced price tag for now. 25m.

Boskowski wrote: »
    One years is right. They will seek to extend it but Allofs announced price tag for now. 25m.

Interesting. I wonder if he will leave this Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We signed right back Dennis Diekmeier from Nuremburg for €2.5m today. Bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got tickets to see 1860 Munich v Osnabrück. Not exactly a glamour tie but will be nice to take in a game while I'm in Munich.

Sport1.de quotes Bremen MD Allofs saying contract extension talks with Özil failed and they're listening to offers. Real, United and Arsenal apparently expressed interest. Arsenal would be nice I guess.

Sport1.de quotes Bremen MD Allofs saying contract extension talks with Özil failed and they're listening to offers. Real, United and Arsenal apparently expressed interest. Arsenal would be nice I guess.

FYP

United will announce they were in for him after he has gone to somebody else as there is "no value in the market" and we have Oliver Gill.

I hope he goes to a good team, anybody but Real and Barca.

Would Bayern Munich not be in for him?

• Advertisement

Le King wrote: »
    FYP

United will announce they were in for him after he has gone to somebody else as there is "no value in the market" and we have Oliver Gill.

I hope he goes to a good team, anybody but Real and Barca.

Would Bayern Munich not be in for him?

They are strangely quiet on this one. Mustn't fit into an already crowded midfield is my guess.

They are strangely quiet on this one. Mustn't fit into an already crowded midfield is my guess.

True. But I think they would still try something.

If Özil is leaving Germany I hope he goes to Arsenal. It would be a good for the league if he stays though.

We got lucky yesterday, Ze Roberto was tackled hard by a Juventus player on the ankle he had surgery on and had to go off on a stretcher. Could have been bad but luckily he's ok.

Hieko Westermann will complete his move from Shalke to HSV on Wednesday for €7.5m according to Bild. It's good to get a player in who can play anywhere across the back like Boateng could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Wolfsburg again :o

Croatian international Mario Mandžukic signing 4 year contract. Release fee for Dinamo Zagreb is 7m. He will come as a replacement for Obafemi Martins who's joining Rubin Kasan.

http://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/50496+M52453f0dd5e.html

Wolfsburg also looking to get Brazilian Cicero from Hertha on loan for 1 year.
    No idea how good Mandzukic is, but he couldn't be any worse than Martins! If Grafite and Dzeko stay, combined with Kjaer coming into strengthen the defence, I would really fancy Wolves to retake the title.

No idea how good Mandzukic is, but he couldn't be any worse than Martins! If Grafite and Dzeko stay, combined with Kjaer coming into strengthen the defence, I would really fancy Wolves to retake the title.

Hoeness ended the Dzeko/Misimovic discussion. They're staying.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/540245/artikel.html

I thought I posted this already.

kacar-17089840-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=465.jpg

€5.5m for a quality player.

We have a team that can win the league if you ask me.
    We just need to be consistant.
    2 top signings in the last few days in Heiko Westermann and Gojko Kacar.

Not long left now till kickoff :).

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I thought I posted this already.

kacar-17089840-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=465.jpg

€5.5m for a quality player.

We have a team that can win the league if you ask me.
    We just need to be consistant.
    2 top signings in the last few days in Heiko Westermann and Gojko Kacar.

Not long left now till kickoff :).

Hamburg's knocking on the door now for a number of years with constant improvements imho.

Hamburg's knocking on the door now for a number of years with constant improvements imho.

It's the manager that's the problem. Labbadia last year and possibly Veh could be our downfall this year.
    I completely believe that if we had a manager like Magath we would have taken the league last season.

Veh had bought well though, I'll give him that.

Raul officially for two years in Schalke. Will probably train with squad this afternoon and may feature in (tomorrows?) pre-season "LIGA total! Cup" match v HSV.

On a sidenote: How could you have a however meaningless pre-season cup competition that has an actual exclamation mark in it's official name, ffs. Bloody Germans.

Great signing for the league not just Shalke. Fantastic player.

It's a shame we play Shalke so early, I'd love to see Raul play again but there's no chance I'll get over in 3 weeks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=121948&stc=1&d=1280398312

On a sidenote:
    According to sport1.de Sami Khedira confirmed with VfB Stuttgarts MD Fredi Bobic the successful closure of his personal negotiations with Real Madrid. Now the two clubs need to agree on a release fee since his contract with Stuttgart has one more year on it. A transfer fee of around 10m has been circulated. No problems are expected from either side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Is that euro or pounds?, either way its a bargain.

TheTosh wrote: »
    Is that euro or pounds?, either way its a bargain.

Since it's sport1.de and the deal is between a German and a Spanish side I'd say it's safe to assume we're talking Euro.

As for bargain or not...
    Transfer fees really are contract release fees. Clubs don't actually own players. What clubs own are non-permanent contracts with players usually valid for a number of seasons. So the main driver with regards to the release fee is not really the 'value' of the player but it is a compensation for not fulfilling the contract and therefore mainly a function of the time left on the contract.
    Khediras contract with Stuttgart is only going for one more season, after that Khedira is a free agent and Stuttgart will get nothing.

So I think it's a fine balance (A) between Real not wanting to wait for the 'freebie' next year because of the risk of increased competition, of 'losing' the desired player to someone else and therefore their willingness to pay 'something' and (B) Stuttgart ideally not wanting to part at all with Khedira but the player having indicated that he won't renew his contract so now is the last chance to get anything out of this at all.
    So once some sort of balance between A and B can be found we have a deal.

Same story with Mesut Özil & Werder Bremen btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

decided im gonna watch the bundesliga this season

sick of the premiership and the way its run tbh. will be watching all the villa games, of course, but wont be watching any other matches - the football is rubbish and its one big hyerbole driven cash cow

at least theres a bit of common sense in the german league from what i can see from the outside. kinda excited to be watching a new league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Am I the only one that thinks Khedira is mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

nope,Khedira is definately a few clowns short of the whole circus! Van der vaart, gago, kaka, Ronaldo, lassana, Mahamadou, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria are all going to be ahead in the pecking order. Bit like Steve Sidwell going to Chelsea a few years back, one good season does not make you a great player.

Red Storm wrote: »
    nope,Khedira is definately a few clowns short of the whole circus! Van der vaart, gago, kaka, Ronaldo, lassana, Mahamadou, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria are all going to be ahead in the pecking order. Bit like Steve Sidwell going to Chelsea a few years back, one good season does not make you a great player.

Well half of those guys don't really apply to him as he's not competing for an AM role but I agree he def'ny has his work cut out for him. On the other hand who's to say he shouldn't take what surely must be the change of a lifetime from his point of view. I know I'd go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I think he would be better going to a club like Chelsea, who were rumoured to be interested. He would probably get more action there but maybe Jose Mourinho has plans for him.

I'm surprised Bayern haven't signed any defenders, they were disasterous last year!

Red Storm wrote: »

Chances are out of Van Der Vaart, Gago, Lass and Mahamadou Diarra at least 2 or 3 of them have a good chance at being offloaded. I think Khedira has a good chance of making the team especially with Jose there, as you don't have to be a superstar to get into his team, you just have play well and be willing to work hard both of which Khedira showed he can do

No surprises there:
    Bundesliga side Stuttgart have confirmed the departure of holding midfielder Sami Khedira to Real Madrid. A report in Bild claims that the Blancos have agreed a fee of €14 million for the services of the Germany international. However, Stuttgart have not disclosed any details about the transfer fee.

The 23-year-old midfielder had already agreed personal terms with Madrid on Wednesday and will sign a long term deal with the Merengues after undergoing a medical.

"Sami Khedira is a true leader on the pitch and he personifies everything that Stuttgart stand for. Therefore, it's not easy to let go of him," said Stuttgart sporting director Fredi Bobic on the official Stuttgart website.

"However, on the other hand, we couldn't deny Sami his dream move to Real Madrid. We'd like to wish him all the best at his new club."

Khedira had attracted the interest of Real Madrid with his excellent performances for Germany at the 2010 World Cup and was since continually being linked with a move to the Spanish powerhouse.

The midfielder is a product of the Stuttgart youth academy and has made over 100 official appearances for the Schwaben since making his debut in October 2006.

Good luck to him! I'm sure if he gets regular time on the pitch this could ensure him starting over Ballack.

Raul is starting his first game in a sec in the Liga Total! Cup.

http://iraqgoals.tv/ch6.html

• Advertisement

In an article on eurosport.com Mesut Ozil is quoted saying today that he considers himself a man of honesty and that footballers have enough money anyway and that therefore he will put integrity and career development from a sporting perspective ahead of everything else and see his contract with Werder through. He will stay for another year with the bundesliga side and does not consider a move until next year.
    FOOTBALL - Bundesliga
    01/08/2010 - 10:01
    Ozil: I won't move this year
    Mesut Ozil has dealt a crushing blow to his Premier League suitors, including Manchester United and Arsenal, by pledging his immediate future to Werder Bremen.
    The Germany midfielder, one of the stars of the World Cup, is entering the final year of his contract and talks over a new deal have stalled.

United, Arsenal and Tottenham were interested in signing Ozil, along with Liga giants Real Madrid.

But the 21-year-old has insisted he is happy in Germany and will only consider a move after his contract expires.

He said: "The situation is clear for the next 12 months; I still have a contract with Bremen. What will happen after that, I can't tell at the moment."

"I am a friend of honesty. I have never extended a contract and then left a club. I have never done that. I have always happily respected my contract.

"I the last two-and-a-half years, I have never said I want to leave. I had an offer last year, but I concentrated on Werder.

"In your career as a professional footballer you earn enough money, so what counts for me is the sporting perspective."

If Ozil sees out the rest of his contract, he will be available on a free transfer next summer.

Eurosport

I think that's probably the best move for him. He can have a year to decide where he goes to. Werder Bremen are in the cl this year and may have a good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

2 goals for Raul vs Bayern Munich, watch the 2nd one! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

JPA wrote: »
    2 goals for Raul vs Bayern Munich, watch the 2nd one! :eek:

Absolute peach, knew exactly what he was doing as well, great start for him, hope it continues, except when up against Bremen!

It can continue in week 2, but not week 1 please.

The 2 liga total! games yesterday were very fun. 7 goals in the 2 games and they were only 30 minutes per half.

Quite a bit of upheaval in the Bayern camp as it now turns out that Robben has a serious enough thigh muscle injury that rules him out for the bones of two months and that was apparently ignored or sort of 'witch-cured' by the Dutch WC camp. Apparently it was known to the club that Robben was struggling throughout the WC campaign and Dr. Mueller-Wohlfarth offered his help but was refused by the Dutch medical team. Now Robben returns to Munich and states in the press conference he's as fit as a fiddle and is looking forward to the new season and first thing coming out of the standard beginning-of-the-season medical assessment is this thing.

Sounds all very fishy. Seriously wondering whether Robben is playing this straight tbh.

^^ Yeah apparently they are asking Fifa to mediate as they believe the Dutch medical team made a false call about his hamstring.

Good news for Kroos and Muller though. It will allow Muller to play the right wing and allow Kroos to play in the number 10 position.

Any more on the Van Der Vaart to Bayern rumour

TheTosh wrote: »
    Any more on the Van Der Vaart to Bayern rumour

First time I hear about it. Probably just that - another rumour.
    I would imagine if Bayern were looking into an AM they'd be more active on the Mesut Özil front rather than bringing VDV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Allianz Arena was resplendent lit in white last night, but not a person in sight around the U-bahn station - was there an 1860 game on?

Some of the latest news from the Bundesliga:
    Bayern Munich have rewarded Germany international striker Thomas Muller with an improved two-year extension to his contract.
    Bundesliga outfit Stuttgart have confirmed the arrival of Liverpool right-back Philipp Degen on a season-long loan.
    Son Heung-min of Bundesliga club Hamburg will miss the start of the upcoming season with a broken foot. The striker suffered the injury in a friendly against Chelsea, with Hamburg winning 2-1.
    Werder Bremen captain Torsten Frings has launched a public attack on new team-mate Marko Arnautovic, accusing the Austria forward of behaving "arrogantly". "He has his own way of doing things, which is particularly unwelcome at Bremen," Frings told Kicker magazine.
    Hamburg's Dennis Aogo has played down speculation linking him with a move to Juventus.
    Schalke have continued to make additions to their squad by announcing the signing of Spain Under-21 international Sergio Escudero.
    Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has accused FIFA and the Dutch football federation of negligence in the club’s latest complaint over the injury to Arjen Robben. Netherlands winger Robben returned from the World Cup in South Africa with a thigh injury that will rule him out for up to two months, which Bayern claim was suffered on international duty but hidden so he could play in their run to the final, where they lost to Spain.
    dfx- wrote: »
    The Allianz Arena was resplendent lit in white last night, but not a person in sight around the U-bahn station - was there an 1860 game on?
    Don't think there was on Tuesday. Hope you are enjoying your stay in Munich!

Also, the supercup is back for the first time in 14 years. Bayern v Shalke - Kickoff at 16.45pm tomorrow.

Live in over 170 countries...Not being shown in the UK or Ireland though..:o
    Hurray for satellite dishes is what I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

when does the german league season start, and what day/time are the bulk of their games traditionally on at?

Helix wrote: »
    when does the german league season start, and what day/time are the bulk of their games traditionally on at?

Season starts on the Friday the 20th with the traditional opening game featuring the league champs. Bayern v Wolfsburg this year.

The schedule is usually like this.

1 game on Friday night.
    5 games on Saturday afternoon at 3.30pm & 1 at 5.30pm.
    2 games on Sunday, 1 at 2.30pm and 1 at 4.30pm.

ESPN are running the English version of the GOAL! Season Preview show tomorrow night at 9pm for anyone interested.

If it's the same as the one that was on German TV last week, it's worth a watch :).

• Advertisement

Anyone else hear Diego could be going back to Germany to play for Wolfsburg?

Werder Bremens against Sampadoria is really important for who gets the 4 CL spots next year. If Werder Bremen win then both leagues will have three teams in the group stages, but If Sampadoria win they have 4 to Germanys 2.

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Anyone else hear Diego could be going back to Germany to play for Wolfsburg?

He's supposed to be working out personal terms at the minute.
    They are building some team over there under McLaren.

Fantastic stuff tonight. Hannover 96 put out of the DFB Pokal 1st round by Regionalliga(fourth division) side Elversberg on penalties.

Chemnitz, who also play in the fourth division beat St. Pauli 1-0 also :D.

I love when the underdogs win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    He's supposed to be working out personal terms at the minute.
    They are building some team over there under McLaren.
    Dzeko, Diego, Grafite, that is a pure class line-up to have upfront.

I really fancy Wolves this season. Friedrich and Kjaer should tighten up the defence. If Josue and Misimovic impose themselves on a game, they can certainly match any other midfield in Germany. The attack speaks for itself.

My prediction for the Bayern game is 3-2 to Wolves, two goals for Dzeko!

According to several German sources (tonline.de, sport1.de) it seems a done deal for Özil's move to Real Madrid joining his fellow German international teammate Sami Khedira in Mourinhos side.

Apparently the Spaniards have agreed terms with the player and now it's down to how much Bremen can extract from Real. Currently it seems Real is willing to pay 14m and Bremen is chancing their arm for another 4m.

• Advertisement
Advertisement