Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

• 01-07-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in the same? Probably not?

Edit: Well, let's edit the title and see how it goes...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Yes I'm interested but where can I find the Bundesliga on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm still waiting for the Ligue 1 fans to show their faces.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Yes I'm interested but where can I find the Bundesliga on tv?

ESPN or else get a free-tv dish and point it to ASTRA. Loads of (German) channels with highlights shows, full matches etc. If you wanna go down that route I can give you pointers.

If you want the no hassle approach, ESPN has 2 or 3 full matches per weekend - mostly live even. Seems the easiest way. Or webstreams, but you know yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Boskowski wrote: »
    ESPN or else get a free-tv dish and point it to ASTRA. Loads of (German) channels with highlights shows, full matches etc. If you wanna go down that route I can give you pointers.

If you want the no hassle approach, ESPN has 2 or 3 full matches per weekend - mostly live even. Seems the easiest way. Or webstreams, but you know yourself.

So it's ESPN thanks for that mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I'd edit the thread title and turn this into the Superthread. Seems the easiest way. Will be watching a lot more German football this season myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Fixtures are announced on Monday. Hoping Köln are playing at home on either the 27th or 28th of August. Would also be nice if one of the Munich teams are at home on the 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yay a Bundesliga thread :).

I can't wait to find out when we have St. Pauli at home. Definitely the first game I'll go to this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Saw a few Bundesliga games on ESPN last season and I'll try and catch a few more after the performance of the German team at the WC.

Right I make a start with some transfer news.

Michael Ballack returns to Bayer Leverkusen on what appears to be an outrageous contract. Like 12m for two years plus option plus option for business suit career after. Leverkusen officials seem to know that he's probably past his best but go for his experience and the benefit for the young players and all that and also seem to have a future at the club in mind after his active career. Seems quite a lot of money for a Bundesliga club, but sure Leverkusen is hardly strapped for cash.
    Hanno Balitsch also moving to Leverkusen from Hannover. Nice move, I always thought he had potential to be an international actually. But didn't show much of a development in Hannover, maybe that will change with Bayer.

HSV losing Boateng to City. meh. Nice talent, not happy to see him go.
    Someone who has become nothing but an actual Bundesliga legend finally returns home after declaring such an intent several times over the last 5 years. Ze Roberto will end his career with Vasco de Gama. Good luck and thanks for all the great football.

Bayern is very quite on the transfer front so far, just collecting a lot of players who were elsewhere on loan. Kroos (Leverkusen), Sosa (Estudiantes), Ottl, Breno (Nuernberg), Braafheid (Celtic).
    Anxious to see will they make a move on Oezil. Doubt it though. Where would he play amongst Robben, Ribery, Schweini & van Bommel?
    Nerlinger raises pressure on Gomez. About time he gets his form back on track. If his goal scoring record would be as immaculate as his hairdo he'd be deadly. Usually not a good sign.

Metzelder to return to Germany as in Schalke. Ok.... Schalke also linked with Raul Gonzalez.:confused: Schalke to be Germany's little 'City'?:confused:

Carlos Alberto returning to Werder. I reckon the main Werder subject will be Oezil though. Will he or won't he or what's the story. Unfortunately Werder is realistically just not big enough to make a serious case for holding on to him.

Wolfsburg losing Genthner to Stuttgart and hiring an English coach as in Steve McLaren. Don't know the chap but I know that coaching/managing approaches are very different between Germany/England. Looking forward to see how that works out. I'd have my money on 'fail' if asked to make a call though.

Mainz has several clubs interested in Aristide Bance including EPL outfits. I don't like the chap but it was obvious to see that he is able to play at a (much?) higher level than with Mainz.

Frankfurt is all about the greeks apparently, Liberopoulos (cool name for a footballer) leaving, Gekas and Tzavellas to join up wit Amanatidis.

Hildebrandt leaving Hoffenheim with unknown destination. Timo is weird. At some stage I was thinking he was going to be the big new number 1 for Germany in years to come. And I'm still convinced he had it in him. Weird career decisions then. Then turned out to be a wobbler at times. Now after becoming an 'also-ran' and possibly ending up in some real weird place like Dubai or J-League or Russia or whatnot.

There is a lot more at www.sport1.de but most of the names I wouldn't even know myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Someone who has become nothing but an actual Bundesliga legend finally returns home after declaring such an intent several times over the last 5 years. Ze Roberto will end his career with Vasco de Gama. Good luck and thanks for all the great football.

Not sure where you got that gem from, but he is still with Hamburg in pre season training, and Club and player have both made it clear that he stays for another season.

• Advertisement

DubDani wrote: »
    Not sure where you got that gem from, but he is still with Hamburg in pre season training, and Club and player have both made it clear that he stays for another season.

You're right. Sorry about the mistake. Glad to hear too.

Jaysus Boskowski. Gave me a fright there for a second. Thought Ze Roberto and the club changed their minds :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Looking at heading to a game in Oct/Nov direction, maybe catch a Europa League/Champions League game at the same time....are tickets hard to obtain for league games, esp at Dortmund....would like to visit their stadium if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Heading over in August to Berlin hopefully get a match in

Stuttgart signing Molinaro permanently,re-signing Gentner and Martin Harnik.Molinaro could be a good signing after his loan period,especially for for less then 4mil

Just saw on the news that Wolves have signed Arne Friedrich from Hertha for €2 million.

He's 31 but €2 mil is a great price for a starting defender in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Just saw on the news that Wolves have signed Arne Friedrich from Hertha for €2 million.

He's 31 but €2 mil is a great price for a starting defender in 2010.
    It's going to be interesting to see can McLaren whip some shape into Wolves. Last season was just ridiculous, one week they annihilated Villareal 4-1, the next week they themselves get destroyed 5-1 against bottom on the league, Hertha Berlin. If Misimovic stays and can play consistently, he can win them the league.

Wolfsburg had an outstanding season the year before last when everthing clicked, no injuries and generally a great run and it took all of that to win the title. Bit like as if Everton went on a mad run and wins the PL. Not taking away from them but it will be very difficult to repeat that any time soon unless Volkswagen go "mini-City". I don't see wolfsburg challenging for a title this year.

We've signed Jaroslav Drobny(keeper) from Hertha on a free pending a medical according to goal.com and bild

Not a good start from Veh, angers Frank Rost and I'm sure he'll anger the rest of the team with this signing as Rost is a very well respected member of the team who they are trying to force out.
    Also rumours that club captain David Jarolim is not in Veh's plans.

I find it a strange move myself. Rost played a good season too. And Drobny won't just sit back and be happy being number 2. Maybe it was too good an opportunity since he came for zilch from Hertha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Going to pay alot more attention this year, Werder being my team of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Bayern is very quite on the transfer front so far, just collecting a lot of players who were elsewhere on loan. Kroos (Leverkusen), Sosa (Estudiantes), Ottl, Breno (Nuernberg), Braafheid (Celtic).

Looking forward to seeing Kroos in action for Bayern.

Fixtures are out. Bayern v Wolves first game.

Here's an overview of all the Matchday 1 fixtures:

FC Bayern München - VfL Wolfsburg
    1899 Hoffenheim - Werder Bremen
    Borussia Mönchengladbach - 1. FC Nürnberg
    1. FC Köln - 1. FC Kaiserslautern
    SC Freiburg - FC St. Pauli
    Hannover 96 - Eintracht Frankfurt
    Hamburger SV - FC Schalke 04
    1. FSV Mainz 05 - VfB Stuttgart
    Borussia Dortmund - Bayer Leverkusen

Home to Schalke week 1. I'd have preferred an easier opening game but whatever.
    St. Pauli v HSV in the 4th week of fixtures - tasty :).

Rest of the fixture list should be here soon, they are still updating it. - http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/matches/2010/index.php

Köln are away the weekend I'm there. Gay.

Also forgot to mention that we completed the signing of Drobny. Has the potential to be more trouble than it's worth.
    Köln are away the weekend I'm there. Gay.

Unlucky lad :(.

Going to get tickets for 1860 Munich v VfL Osnabrück if the game is being played on Sunday August 29th or Monday the 30th. Does anybody know when the first few rounds of fixtures will be finalised?

Fixtures are out.

Hamburger SV - FC Schalke 04
    Borussia Dortmund - Bayer Leverkusen

Two good ones right on day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Hope to get over to München for a game this season. Absolutely love the city and haven't been to a Bundesliga fixture in a few years so I'd reckon it's about time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

When to the games get moved for tv etc? Planning a trip to Cologne area for maybe october/november as good few teams in that general area and might be able to get a few matches in over 1 weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Never really watched much german football but this season I will, Wolfsburg will be my team of choice

• Advertisement

TheTosh wrote: »
    Never really watched much german football but this season I will, Wolfsburg will be my team of choice

Why Wolfsburg, any particular reason?

Drives a Volkswagen? :P

That's why my friend does..:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I shall be following the fortunes of St Pauli, that crazy but unique club. Their first season back in top flight for 8 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

CSF wrote: »
    Going to pay alot more attention this year, Werder being my team of choice.

Same as, born and bred a Werder fan but havent paid much attention to the league since Rehagle left. Will try to watch a bit more this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bohsman wrote: »
    Same as, born and bred a Werder fan but havent paid much attention to the league since Rehagle left. Will try to watch a bit more this year.
    I can't claim any such strong links, twas Marin and Ozil who did it for me.

Misimovic, I've seen him play a good few times and think he's a top playmaker, also I like how Steve McLaren manages his teams and I don't care what people say he's a damn good club manager

• Advertisement

Sport1.de reports that Werder manager Allofs puts a number out there. For 25m Özil could be released.

The tv channel/online sports service reports that there is interest from City, Barca, Valencia, United, Arsenal and Real.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Looks like Van Der Wiel is going to Bayern

Wolves have signed Simon Kjaer from Palermo for €12m. Very promising player.

Wolves have signed Simon Kjaer from Palermo for €12m. Very promising player.

12m euro, in an inflated market and a player that has great potential thats a great signing. Him and Friedrich should be a good defensive pairing sort of like Vidic and Ferdinand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Looks like Van Der Wiel is going to Bayern

€17m I'm hearing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Nice one for Mueller:
    Bayern Munich's sporting director has declared Thomas Mueller will be handed a pay rise to stop Premier League giants Manchester United and Chelsea from snatching him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

€17m I'm hearing

That's including wages I think.

Anyway, in a few seasons they'll probably be making a hefty profit.

Rubin Kazan have signed Obafemi Martins from Wolfsburg for a reported €8m

Man City have offered Köln in the region of €18m for Lucas Podolski according to many news outets :eek:.

:(

Does anyone have a list of who's been (allegedly) approached by City at this stage? I mean, come August we'll be having 'City League' at the rate the 'rumours' are going...

City in the transfer market are like women in shoe shops, ''I want this one, this one, this one, this one, ooh I must have this one''

Wolfsburg gettin' very busy.

They signed the young Dane Simon Kjaer which makes two pretty strong signings at the back together with Arne Friedrich.

Also still everything up in the air with regards to Misimovic and Dzeko. Both players have been connected with all sorts of clubs but no actual moves have been made yet. Just in case Misimovoc does leave, Wolfsburg expressed interest in Diego who was excellent with Bremen at the time but seemed unable to repeat the same with Juventus and apparently does not play much of a role in their plans for the future.

Wolfsburg could have a very strong squad when it all starts in 6 weeks time.

Edit: Still no done deal on van der Wiel move to Bayern it seems?

News on VfB Stuttgart's Sami Khedira are anywhere between Madrid heavy favorites to sign the man anytime soon and deal with Madrid is actually done.

Stuttgarts dementi are getting weaker too. When it sounded recently as if there was nothing to it at all, the last one sounded more like 'it's not over and done just yet'.

Since they're at it - they're beginning to fish for Schweinsteiger too of whom Mourinho apparently has been a fan of for a long time.

:(

Wolfsburg again :o

Croatian international Mario Mandžukic signing 4 year contract. Release fee for Dinamo Zagreb is 7m. He will come as a replacement for Obafemi Martins who's joining Rubin Kasan.

http://www.vfl-wolfsburg.de/50496+M52453f0dd5e.html

Wolfsburg also looking to get Brazilian Cicero from Hertha on loan for 1 year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement