Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 days in and I want to break things

Options
  • 30-01-2008 1:19pm

Hello ex death stick users :)
    Ive quit cold turkey 10 days ago and I was doing brilliantly up until yesterday.
    The cravings were bad but I could deal with them. Now I just seem to be angry and easily wound up.

I'm incredibly difficult to be around at the minute flying in a rage at the slightest provocation. Any Idea how long this angry phase will last? No one will be talking to me soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

ronoc wrote: »
    Hello ex death stick users :)
    Ive quit cold turkey 10 days ago and I was doing brilliantly up until yesterday.
    The cravings were bad but I could deal with them. Now I just seem to be angry and easily wound up.

I'm incredibly difficult to be around at the minute flying in a rage at the slightest provocation. Any Idea how long this angry phase will last? No one will be talking to me soon!

I felt like that about 3-4 weeks after quitting and i remember thinking at the time that this is the last bit of nicotine leaving my body! If you find youre getting angry, gather up all of you empty bottles, jars and all other glass and off u go to a recycling centre and smash til your heart's content!!! relief!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Explains why you were arguing with me over on motors;)

More seriously tho, it's normal. 10 days isn't that long into it and I would say you'll be 6 to 8 weeks before you feel 100% again. But don't worry; the important thing is you will feel yourself again, albeit minus the fags.

JHMEG wrote: »
    Explains why you were arguing with me over on motors;)

More seriously tho, it's normal. 10 days isn't that long into it and I would say you'll be 6 to 8 weeks before you feel 100% again. But don't worry; the important thing is you will feel yourself again, albeit minus the fags.

no its just you JHMEG ;)

The day after that I felt pretty much back to normal. The cravings are still there but I'm not getting as wound up anymore. Those two days were hell :)

Still going strong thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 krissie

i wanna break things today :p 4 days in.

last night was haaaaard. but the wii is very helpful in getting some of that rage out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

krissie wrote: »
    i wanna break things today :p 4 days in.

last night was haaaaard. but the wii is very helpful in getting some of that rage out :D

Computer games are actually amazing for taking your mind off smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 krissie

Wreck wrote: »
    Computer games are actually amazing for taking your mind off smoking.
    they are! much harder to maintain the zen when you have to work (can't focus today at all ahhhhh)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

im on day 2 here, with the 24 hr patches, but f*ck these cravings are bad, havent tried to quit since 99, and was smoking 30 fags a day.

ill keep trying though patches and imperial mints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

When you're feeling irratible and wound up and it's because you know you haven't smoke, be glad! It's just a symptom of quitting cold turkey - 10 days in, you're doing well, just think if you had one you'll have to start counting those days again and it'll fee like forever.

As I said before, think about it as gaining something, not giving up something you want.

Best of Luck.

Advertisement