Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 Days off them today

Options
  • 16-05-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Im off the fags two weeks today and it seems to be gettin harder.

I took advantage of a bad throat infection and didnt smoke for the duration of it cos I was too sick to smoke so I had a four day headstart on the cravings. Ive had a few hard days but the determination got me over them. I also had a few pints the other night and the nicorette inhaler got me through that.

I can deffo feel the difference in my breathing and I am walking 2 miles every second night (something that I didnt feel I was able to do when I smoked because of the pains in my chest)

Im craving a lot now but I am still determined to stay away from them. Is it going to get easier ? Because it feels like its getting harder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

Hi OP, firstly contrats on being off them 14 days! Today Im off them 7 days and so far so good. Two websites which I find great and would recomend are www.stopsmoking.ie and www.whyquit.com. When im having a really bad craving these sites are great for distracting me! Best of luck, you can do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

THanks Barking ! yeh I'll have a look at those sites now...thanks again and good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

Good Luck to you to! Let me know how you are getting on :)

Advertisement