Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collingwood v Adelaide NAB Cup

Options
  • 08-02-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

And so it begins....

This is the opening game of the preseason competition the NFL Cup. Kicks off tomorrow morning 9.45 from Dubai. No live TV as far as I can see.

Collingwood marginal favourites....Stan James have them 4/6 with Adelaide 11/10

Seems Adelaide will be fielding a somewhat experimental line up according to afl.com.au

Any thoughts on this one folks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I never read much into this tournament, its much like the O'Byrne cup or the Walsh cup in Leinster, a nothing tournament just there to blood in a couple of young players and to get the season back started and the cobwebs out of the legs. Sure Carlton have won it twice in the last 3 years (and Geelong the other time, so just shows how up and down it can be). Most teams play with experimental sides and dont really rely too much on it, but its still good to see how some players are developing.

That said, there'll be a big interest in Perth for the Western Derby! Go Eagles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

superb radio comm on this through afl.com.au

incidentally the betting shifted to 1/2 6/4 with Collingwood 11.5 pt favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I like the NAB Cup. For some Eagles fans it represents the only time they get to see their team play all year due to how gold dust-like tickets for league games are.

I like the whole idea of the super goals as well and the extra points given for them. There's few things better than seeing someone like Shannon Hurn loading up from well outside the 50.

Advertisement