Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Can anyone recommend what the best Leeds podcast is? Is the Square Ball one the best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Another Leeds legend gone. RIP Trevor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Leaked WhatsApp audio message from Alex Rodman of Bristol Rovers to his team mates after online meeting of clubs, efl and PFA makes for interesting listening. 23 team Premier League was discussed and also the likelihood of no crowds at games for rest of the year. Summarised at this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52493649. Audio is easily found on Twitter and Youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I note Phil Hay on Twitter stating that there seems to be an increasing sense from EFL sources that the contingency plan in place is for Leeds and West Brom to get promoted and the next four will play off against each other at neutral venues to decide third place.

I'd love to go up with a promotion party after however many victories needed, and all the accompanying celebrations, so in that respect, if the contingency plays out, there is something to bemoan.

However for me - given what I read about how this really being an 'all eggs in one basket' approach to get into the Premiership - simply getting promoted is the priority and I'll take it whatever way it comes. The alternative - more Championship, the loss of Bielsa and financial hardship meaning gettting rid of our best players, is simply too potentially damaging in the short, medium and long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

I don’t want promotion this way.

There’ll always be an asterix against us.

I’d rather wait it out no matter how long it takes to finish the season

Given the 3 options of finishing out the season, ending the season now and promoting Leeds, or ending the season now and voiding the league, it's 2nd on that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thered be an asterisk against a load of clubs (promoted due to early finishing of season, not relegated due to early finishing, etc.). Wouldn't be how it would be wanted at all, but the longer it drags out the less likely I think itll be played out to a conclusion on the pitch. Having been in top 2 since October/November, I'm not going to worry about it, even if the slagging will be constant.

Phil's response tweet to somebody was great, hoping for a '**** you efl' party on the pitch on final day.

As an aside, they're saying theyll get the playoffs done. With the problem of possibly having extra teams in the pl, it would seem mad to me to have 3 go up to create an uneven amount of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭championc

I personally think the simplest solution is to run the league on a calendar year (like LoI). This will bring the leagues perfectly up to the 2022 World Cup. This would allow this year to run until December.

Traditionalists will oppose the lack of fixtures on Boxing Day and New Years' Day. The FA Cup Final could be the Boxing Day highlight.

But annually, it's nuts having fixtures scheduled for Wintery January and February. Undersoil heating has saved these fixtures year after year. But annually, moreso across Central and northern Europe, they have to contend with large snowfalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I can think of a range of league titles and cup wins that should have an asterix against them. Bayern Munich's second European Cup Win; AC Milan's Cup Winners Cup win in 1973; Arsenal's league title in 1971 - to name but three.

Any Leeds fan who would attempt to point out those asterixes would be laughed out of court in any debate. It would be nice for the shoe to be on the other foot for once.

I can think of a range of league titles and cup wins that should have an asterix against them. Bayern Munich's second European Cup Win; AC Milan's Cup Winners Cup win in 1973; Arsenal's league title in 1971 - to name but three.

Any Leeds fan who would attempt to point out those asterixes would be laughed out of court in any debate. It would be nice for the shoe to be on the other foot for once.

Maybe so, but it's not our way and it doesn't make it right though.

I and many others haven't hauled our collective arses to places like Rochdale, Chletenham, Yeovil et al and back again to go up like this.

And who's to say we wouldn't choke in the remaining games like we always do?

I'd rather it play out on the pitch, no matter how long it takes

Promotion could be a poisoned chalice if the leagues are voided, presume there can't be relegation and 6 would go down next season. It would be carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I may be wrong but I can't see any league voiding the current campaign - there is simply too much at stake from a financial perspective.

I see the remainder of this season being played out behind closed doors to completion, with the following season starting later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I actually prefer watching championship football

Hijpo wrote: »

Me anorl

Take the games against Scum, Chelsea and Liverpool which may have a bit of needle, but I’d rather play Millwall, Forest, Derby, Wednesday, Boro et al than ****e like Burnley Brighton Bournemouth Norwich, Watford and their ilk

Ideal scenario- get promoted and refuse to join the EPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Hijpo wrote: »

Providing you don't have underlying heart conditions or anger management issues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

It's depressing watching the EPL at times, full of mediocre middling clubs these days. More traditionally big clubs in the second division than the EPL

Providing you don't have underlying heart conditions or anger management issues

That’s what makes it the best league in the world in my opinion, it’s bat**** crazy

Football just seems all the more real if that makes sense.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Me anorl

Take the games against Scum, Chelsea and Liverpool which may have a bit of needle, but I’d rather play Millwall, Forest, Derby, Wednesday, Boro et al than ****e like Burnley Brighton Bournemouth Norwich, Watford and their ilk

Agreed - I'm not a huge lover of football anymore, it's gone down the pan big time. I still enjoywatching Leeds on telly, but I wouldn't be bothered if it's being covered by the sky sports scouse commentary team. My match-attending days are over and done with at this stage, though I may go with my old man sometime as that's the only thing we bond over, really.

2020 Schedule
    Week 1: vs. Houston Texans, 8:20 p.m., NBC, Thursday, Sep. 10
    Week 2: at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Sep. 20
    Week 3: at Baltimore Ravens, 8:15 p.m., ESPN, Monday, Sep. 28
    Week 4: vs. New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Oct. 4
    Week 5: vs. Las Vegas Raiders, 1 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Oct. 11
    Week 6: at Buffalo Bills, 8:20 p.m., FOX/NFLN/Amazon, Thursday, Oct. 15
    Week 7: at Denver Broncos, 4:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Oct. 25
    Week 8: vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Nov. 1
    Week 9: vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m., FOX, Sunday, Nov. 8
    Week 10: BYE
    Week 11: at Las Vegas Raiders, 8:20 p.m., NBC, Sunday, Nov. 22
    Week 12: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Nov. 29
    Week 13: vs. Denver Broncos, 8:20 p.m., NBC, Sunday, Dec. 6
    Week 14: at Miami Dolphins, 4:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Dec. 13
    Week 15: at New Orleans Saints, 4:25 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Dec. 20
    Week 16: vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m., FOX, Sunday, Dec. 27
    Week 17: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1 p.m., CBS, Sunday, Jan 3

5 Prime time games which is a pain in the ****ing ass

I reckon 13-3

• Advertisement

2020 Schedule

I reckon 13-3

I dunno, I wouldn't fancy Leeds at american football myself!

2020 Schedule

I reckon 13-3

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Mushy wrote: »

Can see them dropping points on week 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Me anorl

How's that kool-aid, brah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Forgot all about him, there has been so many episodes of dodgy administration at the club its difficult to remember all of them.

Bought us all drinks in Dom Matteos bar just before Xmas the year GFH took over

Other than that, a complete sham of a man

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

We really did attract them, didn't we? Even when there was nothing left on the carcass they always found more to strip out.

• Advertisement

Would make sense, wrap it up in same time as pl

Yeah see it confirmed now. Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Excellent timing! Picked up the home kit too, (cheap before Adidas take over next season) , arrived today.

Lets finish the season in style! Phil says playoff final pencilled for July 30~.

Should be able to watch all the games too if they're televising everything!

Anyone going over for these games?

Few Leeds based lads booking out marquees and big screen projector, bring your own booze job, closet we'll get to supporting the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Anyone going over for these games?

Few Leeds based lads booking out marquees and big screen projector, bring your own booze job, closet we'll get to supporting the lads

Is this a wind up?

Is this a wind up?

Why would it be a windup?

Why would it be a windup?

Well UK social distancing rules that will still be in effect when the league starts back state that up to 6 people can meet outdoors as long as different households still keep 2m apart. Marquees full of pissed football fans, regardless of how much craic they might be, definitely don't fall within that category. Even before that, actually getting there could still be an issue if flights haven't resumed. But most importantly, would you honestly be willing to risk your health, and the health of those close to you, by travelling to the worst affected country in Europe?

Zaph wrote: »
    Well UK social distancing rules that will still be in effect when the league starts back state that up to 6 people can meet outdoors as long as different households still keep 2m apart. Marquees full of pissed football fans, regardless of how much craic they might be, definitely don't fall within that category. Even before that, actually getting there could still be an issue if flights haven't resumed. But most importantly, would you honestly be willing to risk your health, and the health of those close to you, by travelling to the worst affected country in Europe?

See the argument, but parks and beaches have been overrun with drinking and socializing so I don't really see the difference. But the each their own I guess.

Talks this morning of stadiums in the UK opening at 20% capacity so who knows what'll happen over the next 6-8 weeks, this is entirely speculative and it's the hope that kills you but I don't fancy watching us go up from my sofa watching Gilette Soccer Saturday

• Advertisement

You will also need to self quarantine for 2 weeks when you return home to Ireland.

See the argument, but parks and beaches have been overrun with drinking and socializing so I don't really see the difference. But the each their own I guess.

Talks this morning of stadiums in the UK opening at 20% capacity so who knows what'll happen over the next 6-8 weeks, this is entirely speculative and it's the hope that kills you but I don't fancy watching us go up from my sofa watching Gilette Soccer Saturday

Just because some people are packing out beaches doesn't make it ok to gather for a match.

Yeah saw some bit bout stadiums in Spain working towards full attendance, but not starting till September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

event wrote: »
    You will also need to self quarantine for 2 weeks when you return home to Ireland.

No you won't if coming back from the uk.

Ah is right.
    Still absolute bloody madness though

Looks like we have a positive test at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Looks like we have a positive test at the club.

Fingers crossed it's Kiko. :D

• Advertisement

Robbie Gotts

That poor b*stard just can't catch a break

That's gonna set us back. If he has been training with others they may need to quarantine now. **** it

That's gonna set us back. If he has been training with others they may need to quarantine now. **** it

Dallas Ayling Roberts and Klich have been on Twitter all day taking the p*ss out of each other

They don’t seem bothered

I imagine Gotts was training when the stiffs at the time

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1268627044981772288

The head of football policing is denying that this has been proposed, but according to the Telegraph it was confirmed by multiple sources.

Zaph wrote: »
    The head of football policing is denying that this has been proposed, but according to the Telegraph it was confirmed by multiple sources.

Be nice to get to play in a pl stadium a bit earlier than anticipated

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement