Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for going back to college

Options
  • 26-02-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Just thought it may be worth my while posting here before I fork out and get some career guidance counselling. I want to go back to college as a mature student but have no idea how to go about it.

I was in NUIG when I was 19 but dropped out because I didn't like my course. I'm now 23 and want to return to education. The course I want to do is in pulse college Dublin and its 3 years full time.

Will I have to pay for first year myself as I had the grant in NUIG? Any info would be much appreciate, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Hi! It depends on your income as to whether you'll get a grant. If you're on SW you may be entitled to the BTEA. If you have a job centre near you then it may be worth seeing if they have the career/personality tests. They can be useful.
    Hope that helps.

Winmau77 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just thought it may be worth my while posting here before I fork out and get some career guidance counselling. I want to go back to college as a mature student but have no idea how to go about it.

I was in NUIG when I was 19 but dropped out because I didn't like my course. I'm now 23 and want to return to education. The course I want to do is in pulse college Dublin and its 3 years full time.

Will I have to pay for first year myself as I had the grant in NUIG? Any info would be much appreciate, thanks.

Advertisement