Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone No customer care

Options
  • 21-09-2020 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    Dose anybody have a real live link to Vodafone customer (Service)??
    I moved from Vodafone feb 2019 and just this week recieved a demand for overdue payment
    I had the misfortune to contact them on 7 ocasions plus 6 today with some minor results, but still some questions and explinations outstanding.
    I have attempted to contact them thru accounts department, collections departmen, and 1907 but to no avail they seem to block any attemts to have real adult conversation, so frustrating
    Thanks in advance
    George M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Similar experience with Vodafone. CS has gone to hell with Eir, Vodafone and Virgin.

I found with Vodafone you can easily contact their front line staff who can do nothing but very difficult to contact anyone who can make a decision or do something.

I suggest you block Vodafone DD from your online banking (if in place), contact Comreg and send an email to the Vodafone Ireland CEO who will probably send it on to their escalation team.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I ended up talking to the online customer service yesterday. the info they gave me was bogus but they insisted it was correct. a tweet to vodafone got me the correct info. the online team also gave me confidential information but at no stage did they confirm i was the account holder. they are a shambles of a company. they used to give customer service on boards.ie and that was equally terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

George M wrote: »
    Hi
    Dose anybody have a real live link to Vodafone customer (Service)??
    I moved from Vodafone feb 2019 and just this week recieved a demand for overdue payment
    I had the misfortune to contact them on 7 ocasions plus 6 today with some minor results, but still some questions and explinations outstanding.
    I have attempted to contact them thru accounts department, collections departmen, and 1907 but to no avail they seem to block any attemts to have real adult conversation, so frustrating
    Thanks in advance
    George M

Live chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

I ended up talking to the online customer service yesterday. the info they gave me was bogus but they insisted it was correct. a tweet to vodafone got me the correct info. the online team also gave me confidential information but at no stage did they confirm i was the account holder. they are a shambles of a company. they used to give customer service on boards.ie and that was equally terrible.

What I do and just did is take a screenshot of whatever problem I have with them and tweet it publicly, I just did ref speed test and lo and behold I got a message from them, they do not like airing their dirty laundry in public

What I do and just did is take a screenshot of whatever problem I have with them and tweet it publicly, I just did ref speed test and lo and behold I got a message from them, they do not like airing their dirty laundry in public

tweeting them definitely gets their attention. they went to DM when i mentioned i had been given personal information without confirming who i was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 George M

Hi
    Tried contacting comreg must have a complaint no from Vodafone before comreg will intervein
    On a daily basis of attempting to contact the customer help line once in the morning and again in the afternoon
    We finally got thru to somebody at the collections dept. who could understand my problem but still got a further notice of late payment as I had Vodafone blocked from my bank account, They still maintain my account still active.
    I have detailed most of my interactions date, time, and names with them for my records if this happens again the CEO will be my next port of call and my local news outlets and we will see what happens then.
    George M

George M wrote: »
    Hi
    Tried contacting comreg must have a complaint no from Vodafone before comreg will intervein
    On a daily basis of attempting to contact the customer help line once in the morning and again in the afternoon
    We finally got thru to somebody at the collections dept. who could understand my problem but still got a further notice of late payment as I had Vodafone blocked from my bank account, They still maintain my account still active.
    I have detailed most of my interactions date, time, and names with them for my records if this happens again the CEO will be my next port of call and my local news outlets and we will see what happens then.
    George M
    tweet vodafone ireland and give all the details. they really dont like things like that aired in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Go the comreg route, you will get it resolved.
    Ask vf to lodge a complaint. Then wait ten days and then go to comreg. They hate comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

I got messed around by Vodafone when I ported over to them earlier this year.

I kept going into the Vodafone shop in my local shopping centre. They made promise after promise. They sent me backwards and forwards like a total fool. Apologies from the staff in the shop again and again. Absolutely no consideration for the customer.

Eventually I told in the shop that everything would be completely sorted within 24 hours. It wasn't. I went back into the shop. Got a bit thick with the staff for making a complete eejit out of me, promising me over and over, things which they hadn't delivered. They understood. After after all they had made the promises in the first place.

They gave me a phone which was linked to their customer services department and sent me over to another part of the shop to talk directly with them.

I spoke to customer services and explained the problem. The tone and volume of the conversation grew heated and rose. Continued on. Conversation got still louder and louder. Staff were coming out of the back of the shop to stare at the the customer losing the head and letting off steam.

The call must have lasted 25 minutes. Felt much better playing to the gallery, having the rant in their shop, rather than at home in my own house, where I presume they could just cut me off or mute me because I was rightfully annoyed at them breaking their promises again and again.

Everyone in the shop was staring at me. Customers and potential customers were also left under absolutely no illusions of the incompetent lying customer services that Vodafone were offering. Of the broken promises that they repeatedly made. How they had absolutely no thoughts or consideration for their customers time and couldn't care less because my time wasn't costing them anything. How they repeatedly fobbed me off with promises that they kept breaking. etc. That their customer services was absolutely terrible and their motto seemed to be "Send the fool further". Well this fool had had enough.

Eventually I got an apology and a promise that the matter would be fully sorted out within 24 hours. Absolutely cast iron promise. I was satisfied. I had succeeded in doing what I intended. I had escalated my problem. I went back up to the counter and handed the assistant back the phone she had given me, with a smile. I said that they had genuinely promised to sort me properly withing 24 hours.

I left the shop and went into another shop in the Centre. Within minutes, I got a call from a Vodafone supervisor saying that she was now dealing with my case and that it would be sorted out within the hour, which it was.

I strongly suspect that the manager of the Vodafone shop got on to customer services himself and told them that he didn't want that loud, obnoxious, disgruntled and disagreeable customer coming back into his shop again for another 1/2 hour rant at the top of his voice.

One way or another, it worked.

Now unfortunately I'm stuck with Vodafones absolutely ridiculously totally overprices contract, while 48 are offering a multiple of what Vodafone are offering for a fraction of what they are charging. ie €8 for 100gb a month.

Here's a link from the Indo on the 48 deal

https://www.independent.ie/business/mobile-price-war-as-three-takes-on-gomo-with-new-8-100gb-monthly-deal-39513395.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

Murt10 wrote: »
    I got messed around by Vodafone when I ported over to them earlier this year.

I kept going into the Vodafone shop in my local shopping centre. They made promise after promise. They sent me backwards and forwards like a total fool. Apologies from the staff in the shop again and again. Absolutely no consideration for the customer.

Eventually I told in the shop that everything would be completely sorted within 24 hours. It wasn't. I went back into the shop. Got a bit thick with the staff for making a complete eejit out of me, promising me over and over, things which they hadn't delivered. They understood. After after all they had made the promises in the first place.

They gave me a phone which was linked to their customer services department and sent me over to another part of the shop to talk directly with them.

I spoke to customer services and explained the problem. The tone and volume of the conversation grew heated and rose. Continued on. Conversation got still louder and louder. Staff were coming out of the back of the shop to stare at the the customer losing the head and letting off steam.

The call must have lasted 25 minutes. Felt much better playing to the gallery, having the rant in their shop, rather than at home in my own house, where I presume they could just cut me off or mute me because I was rightfully annoyed at them breaking their promises again and again.

Everyone in the shop was staring at me. Customers and potential customers were also left under absolutely no illusions of the incompetent lying customer services that Vodafone were offering. Of the broken promises that they repeatedly made. How they had absolutely no thoughts or consideration for their customers time and couldn't care less because my time wasn't costing them anything. How they repeatedly fobbed me off with promises that they kept breaking. etc. That their customer services was absolutely terrible and their motto seemed to be "Send the fool further". Well this fool had had enough.

Eventually I got an apology and a promise that the matter would be fully sorted out within 24 hours. Absolutely cast iron promise. I was satisfied. I had succeeded in doing what I intended. I had escalated my problem. I went back up to the counter and handed the assistant back the phone she had given me, with a smile. I said that they had genuinely promised to sort me properly withing 24 hours.

I left the shop and went into another shop in the Centre. Within minutes, I got a call from a Vodafone supervisor saying that she was now dealing with my case and that it would be sorted out within the hour, which it was.

I strongly suspect that the manager of the Vodafone shop got on to customer services himself and told them that he didn't want that loud, obnoxious, disgruntled and disagreeable customer coming back into his shop again for another 1/2 hour rant at the top of his voice.

One way or another, it worked.

Now unfortunately I'm stuck with Vodafones absolutely ridiculously totally overprices contract, while 48 are offering a multiple of what Vodafone are offering for a fraction of what they are charging. ie €8 for 100gb a month.

Here's a link from the Indo on the 48 deal

https://www.independent.ie/business/mobile-price-war-as-three-takes-on-gomo-with-new-8-100gb-monthly-deal-39513395.html

Vodafone's CS might lie and feed you bull.
    48's just ignores you altogether. They don't monitor their complaints mailbox.

Still, if it works out and you don't hit issues you're getting it for €7.99 a month :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement