Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Nintendo switch

Options
  • 31-08-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

So my eldest daughter has a switch for a couple years. Now my youngest wants one from her communion funds and I’ve no issue with this. But. Although my youngest has an account on the original switch belonging to the other daughter will she be a me to access the digital download games on the new switch? All the games we own are digital and I don’t fancy having to bug second copies of all them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

jarvis wrote: »
    So my eldest daughter has a switch for a couple years. Now my youngest wants one from her communion funds and I’ve no issue with this. But. Although my youngest has an account on the original switch belonging to the other daughter will she be a me to access the digital download games on the new switch? All the games we own are digital and I don’t fancy having to bug second copies of all them.

Nope, Nintendo are a horrible anti consumer company, I also have two and had to re-buy games, even saves couldn't be copied or moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

It should be possible to share the game library but there are some caveats about the second switch having to be online to verify access to a game.
    Have a read through this: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/d1jzw5/switch_switch_lite_how_can_i_share_digital_games/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can do it, my son and I have a Switch and a Switch Lite between us.
    So, as my Switch is always online, being used at home, I moved my primary console for our accounts to his device, as it would not always be online.
    There's a little more setting up but in the end we have the entire digital collection on both devices, no need to re-buy.

The only issue was, in the case of my accounts used for buying from overseas eShops, I could no longer play them with anything other than the account that bought them, as opposed to when I could use my main account on the then primary Switch to play all content.
    And I also lost my save progress on those games too, as I could no longer access the save files as they were under the main account, which could no longer play them.
    Bugger.

If you don't bother with purchases like that, then you are good to go and will have no real problems, at least my son and I haven't found any

Advertisement