Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Dispute Question

Options
  • 11-08-2020 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

just wondering what my best option is with the following. Never happened to me before.

End of June I order a wristwatch from a shop in Germany. Item value is substantial enough, over €500.

After two weeks of no delivery I contact the seller who informs me that the item is marked as delivered. He forwards me the tracking details (which he hadn't done before) and it's DHL plus anPost. And it is marked as delivered indeed but the delivery address is not me but the local parcel centre.

When I contact anPost I'm being informed that the item for that tracking number was not delivered to my address but I was given no further information.

At this point I decide I don't really want to get involved as it is the seller's obligation to sort out any delivery hassle.

I contact the seller again and they launch a case with DHL.
    DHL tracking takes 4 weeks and seller informs me today that DHL case came back saying 'it was delivered to someone eligible to receive the item'.

My seller says they will dispute that with DHL but now it seems to me this could turn into a never-ending story and I'm no longer certain of a successful outcome.

What are my next steps here? Any ideas?

Thx Fritti

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hello Folks,

just wondering what my best option is with the following. Never happened to me before.

End of June I order a wristwatch from a shop in Germany. Item value is substantial enough, over €500.

After two weeks of no delivery I contact the seller who informs me that the item is marked as delivered. He forwards me the tracking details (which he hadn't done before) and it's DHL plus anPost. And it is marked as delivered indeed but the delivery address is not me but the local parcel centre.

When I contact anPost I'm being informed that the item for that tracking number was not delivered to my address but I was given no further information.

At this point I decide I don't really want to get involved as it is the seller's obligation to sort out any delivery hassle.

I contact the seller again and they launch a case with DHL.
    DHL tracking takes 4 weeks and seller informs me today that DHL case came back saying 'it was delivered to someone eligible to receive the item'.

My seller says they will dispute that with DHL but now it seems to me this could turn into a never-ending story and I'm no longer certain of a successful outcome.

What are my next steps here? Any ideas?

Thx Fritti

What method of payment did you use? Did the delivery require a signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Car99 wrote: »
    What method of payment did you use? Did the delivery require a signature?

I used PayPal and I assume the delivery did require a signature. I assume it was sent registered and insured.

Just got an update from the seller plus the forwarded material from the DHL query.

A signature was required and a signature was provided. Someone actually forged my signature :eek: and they signed with my first name. I'm not Irish myself but here for 20 years. Would it be normal enough to sign with your first name? I didnt think it was. Someone wasn't sure what my first name and what my last name was I'd say.

I am wondering should I get the guards involved at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

At least 3 courier companies have left packages at my front door when no one was in the house. I've never seen An Post leave a package without getting an answer from our door.

I dont think its a criminal matter. Ask DHL to send you proof of signature - you can then compare that signature with yours and open a dispute directly with DHL.

I got the signature, its an attempt at my signature but its not mine. Not getting involved with DHL for two reasons. a) They're wouldnt be dealing with me anyway, only with the sender. b) I don't want to assume responsibility for this (not that I could), delivery is part of the sender obligation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

I got the signature, its an attempt at my signature but its not mine. Not getting involved with DHL for two reasons. a) They're wouldnt be dealing with me anyway, only with the sender. b) I don't want to assume responsibility for this (not that I could), delivery is part of the sender obligation

Correct, my mistake.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

People sign different ways, no hard and fast rule. I would advise the seller that you are opening a PayPal dispute, and let them claim from DHL. That is terrible 'service' from DHL/An Post.

Thanks I did create a Paypal case today. I was ok up to this point to go without it but I didn't like today's development.

Seller is fine with that and very polite and understanding, comms with them are good. They have submitted a dispute with DHL.

With regards to the service, they've always been good in the past and I'm not really blaming them for anything. They responded to the queries and if they have a delivery record on file what else are they going to say?

Someone had opportunity to nick it and someone did. Its' now my word against a delivery record. Since I cant see hand writing experts getting involved over a €500 dispute I'm now worried for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not sure about your deliveries over the past while but mine have been in various locations in my garden depending on the courier company involved. Some behind the gate either side some leaning against the gate. Some fecked on to the lawn. Some leaning against trees. Some on the foot of the door step .

Every one of the ones above. No delivery time, no sms or email warning. Some I just came across by leaving the house.some I was just randomly checking tracking on my phone and noticed marked as signed delivered and went outside to find them.

All of them however the delivery companies didn't give a fk about. Complaints go in one ear and out the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Oh forgot one was left up the road outside my neighbors gate at the side of the road.

• Advertisement

But not for a €500 registered surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

As far as I know an post no longer require a signature due to covid 19. They usually place it at your front door, knock and then walk back towards their van and just wave when you answer the door to acknowledge receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

PayPal dispute

Thanks everyone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AnPost have forged my signature at least 10x in the last three years.

I had the same hassle with DHL, they left a package inside my wheelie bin, but left no notification. Online it was marked as delivered.

I only found it when my wheelie bin was due to go out for collection and my item nearly went with it, only I opened it to add another bag before putting it out.

Advertisement