Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Disputes Process

Options
  • 26-11-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been through the disputes process with Aliexpress?

Waited 1 month for delivery of an item. Item was advertised to include a 'tool' to be used with said item - that was being included for free.

Item arrived without tool. I contacted the seller - they said, "what should I expect - it was free"! Escalated to dispute - Aliexpress saying resolve yourselves - we're not getting involved because item was free!

I selected that item because unlike other vendors, that additional tool was included free. The value of the purchase is negligable. However, its very frustrating - as its difficult to get a hold of that additional item - and these muppets have wasted my damn time!

Should I get visa to invoke a chargeback? Its not the amount - its the principal of the thing...if this sort of thing stands, then countless thousands are going to have their time wasted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Chinese consumer protection is not great.
    My advice learn from this, walk away and save a load of grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

OP, how much does the tool cost on say ebay? I know the principal of the matter counts but is it really worth the headache for you trying to initiate a chargeback for what I assume is a very low cost item? Initiating a chargeback is a huge headache!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

OP, how much does the tool cost on say ebay? I know the principal of the matter counts but is it really worth the headache for you trying to initiate a chargeback for what I assume is a very low cost item? Initiating a chargeback is a huge headache!

It sickens me - but it looks like they can get away with this sharp practice - which means thousands of others will continue to be inconvenienced and misled by it.

Visa chargeback team say that in the case of the partial supply of goods, they need details and breakdown of the value of the item that wasn't supplied. They will only invoke the chargeback for the value of this item.

As the vendor cleverly included it as a 'free' item, I'm bang out of luck.

Note to all, if you buy something online - and it comes with whats termed a free item included, there's every likelihood that you will not receive same - nor will you have any recourse when same doesn't get delivered.

Every days a school day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Make sure you write this in the feedback. What did you say when you confirmed delivery?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Make sure you write this in the feedback.

I will - if I get the opportunity. Was looking to do that today - but can't right now. Whether that's because the dispute has not been formally closed just yet, I'm unsure.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    What did you say when you confirmed delivery?
    I don't bother with confirming delivery on their website. Immediately upon receipt of the item, I contacted the seller to ask where the rest of it was. Following his response, I opened dispute. He immediately declined request for refund. Aliexpress then came back - backing up his assertion. That's the most disappointing thing. They are a major major online presence now - not some two-bit cowboy operation. Can't believe they don't act like it!

I'd stopped using ebay - and not using amazon as much. Started in recent weeks to use aliexpress - as other than this issue, I was happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Only fair to confirm receipt when something does arrive as they don't get paid until you do. I have only had a couple of dispute cases with them and each time AE has just refunded I guess this is a bit of a weird one as it was free but I guess as others have said just put it in the feedback.

jimmii wrote: »
    I guess this is a bit of a weird one as it was free but I guess as others have said just put it in the feedback.

Well, maybe I should become an AliExpress vendor. I can offer ...say a 40" Plasma for €500 with a second plasma offered for free! When the second one doesn't turn up, then tough!

Playing silly beggars now - but that is in effect the logic they are using.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

alibaba/aliexpress mostly side with sellers so don't buy from inderviduals

while ebay sides with buyers

you that you cannot get any kind of branded items wholesale from mainland China.. electronics, DVDs, software, designer clothing, shoes and similar items. If you’re looking for anything branded, China is NOT the place to look as you’ll only receive fakes or get scammed.

alibaba/aliexpress will only post bad feedback if buyer and seller both agree to it

only do business with supplier that pays for gold supplier

don't look at the free listings a lot are scammers

braddun wrote: »
    alibaba/aliexpress mostly side with sellers so don't buy from inderviduals

while ebay sides with buyers

Yes, I wasn't aware of that - but I certainly am now.
    you that you cannot get any kind of branded items wholesale from mainland China.. electronics, DVDs, software, designer clothing, shoes and similar items. If you’re looking for anything branded, China is NOT the place to look as you’ll only receive fakes or get scammed.
    Sure - and I don't really use them for the items you describe. All the items I've ordered have been pretty generic items or electronic parts.
    alibaba/aliexpress will only post bad feedback if buyer and seller both agree to it
    I figured as much. Over on ebay, vendors are paranoid about feedback. Here they don't care - and clearly this is part of the reason why.
    only do business with supplier that pays for gold supplier
    gold supplier just means there that bit more serious? Presumably you can't leave them bad feedback either (should the need arise)?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Note to all, if you buy something online - and it comes with whats termed a free item included, there's every likelihood that you will not receive same - nor will you have any recourse when same doesn't get delivered.

not true.

if you're dealing with aliexpress, one of the shadiest sites on the net, then it's bound to happen.

if this stuff happens on eBay, sellers would always try to resolve it. Paypal disputes are awesome :)

• Advertisement

truedoom wrote: »
    not true.

if you're dealing with aliexpress, one of the shadiest sites on the net, then it's bound to happen.

Alibaba group have a market value of $231 billion. The expectation would be that they would be looking towards losing the 'shady' element.

In any event, this isn't just a failure on their part. My bank is telling me they will only refund the value of the item that wasn't delivered in a partial delivery scenario. Given that it was packaged as 'free' (yet not delivered), then I'm screwed by their policy on this also.
    truedoom wrote: »
    if this stuff happens on eBay, sellers would always try to resolve it. Paypal disputes are awesome

Been a regular user of ebay - in fact, for many years didn't use any of the other sites but it for online purchases. I also had good experiences with their disputes process. However, had issues with paypal - and if there was an option to purchase on ebay using any other method, I'd use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kevdub23

aliexpress can be hit and miss with their dispute process.. some sellers can be very rude also, just pick the ones with the best feedback & order numbers!

The result of the AliExpress Disputes process:

"We feel sorry about this,and the seller would be punished for not sending the girfs as the description.Thank you for your cooperation and support, and hope you have a great experience shopping with AliExpress. "

Complete garbage. If you want to provide the buyer with a satisfactory outcome, then make the vendor supply what he promised. If that costs him more in postage, tough! I'd love to see what sort of 'punishment' he receives seeing as they have released payment to him.

Hard to believe that's a $231 billion dollar company - but there you go. I guess they're the ryanair of online marketplaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ohhhh, thats not good, do you have a link to the seller?

Have to say I have had one good experiences on alibaba and aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Beware Got caught buying a phone case with a seller on aliexpress waited 60 days for item made a dispute after the seller gave me a fake tracking number and was saying he posted it to the right address and it was, away never got a refund and dispute was closed aliexpress customer support was useless!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

coconnellz wrote: »
    Beware Got caught buying a phone case with a seller on aliexpress waited 60 days for item made a dispute after the seller gave me a fake tracking number and was saying he posted it to the right address and it was, away never got a refund and dispute was closed aliexpress customer support was useless!

I had to do couple of disputes for not received items with tracking number but tracking stopped after left the country, never tracked in Anpost website, both times got a refund. Other case got fake tracking number, after a couple of weeks of no tracking contacted seller, with same answer as you, after a another week I opened a dispute that I won as tracking never worked so got lost or seller never posted.

You can say you will leave negative feedback, I left 1 negative feedback as listing was misleading, seller contacted me offer discount on next item if I removed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - when you won the dispute - who paid you - Alliecpress or the seller - asking because I won a dispute today as seller did not reply on time - same issue as you with tracking - how long did it take to get your refund?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Danick wrote: »
    Hi - when you won the dispute - who paid you - Alliecpress or the seller - asking because I won a dispute today as seller did not reply on time - same issue as you with tracking - how long did it take to get your refund?

Not much point in asking on a 6 year old thread. Closed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Please do not post in miltiple threads or bump old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement