Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

briany wrote: »
    If I paid 170 euro for a mint 3ds with Zelda: A Link to the Past pre-installed, would that be a good deal or not?

if that's on someone else's account then you wouldnt be able to setup your own eshop account until it was deleted surely?

Seems expensive enough for the new version 3ds even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

megaten wrote: »
    Anyone know where you could pick up spare 3ds styluses in Dublin?

Did you find anywhere...

Could 3D print them I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

beauf wrote: »
    Did you find anywhere...

Got them delivered from a guy off adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭briany

sweetie wrote: »
    if that's on someone else's account then you wouldnt be able to setup your own eshop account until it was deleted surely?

Seems expensive enough for the new version 3ds even

I can't even find a new 3ds XL (in mint to brand new condition, that is) for less than about 250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

beauf wrote: »
    Did you find anywhere...

I tried to 3d print one and it didn't work out too well, maybe u was doing it wrong I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Planning on buying Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Etrian Odyssey V, Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Persona Q2 at some point (already have Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold 1 and Persona Q).

I really love my 3DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭briany

I can't decide whether to buy a New 2DS XL or a New 3DS XL. I was almost going to get the 2DS XL on the basis that the 3D feature is a bit gimmicky, but was then reading reviews that the overall build quality of the 3DS XL is substantially better (better sound, built out of thicker plastic) and that even though the 3D feature is a bit gimmicky, it's better to have it than not.

I can get a New 2DS XL with a good game for around 140, which seems like an fair deal when look at what the console is going for, and I do like a new console and the whole ritual of unboxing it. I could maybe get a used 3DS XL for the same price, but don't generally trust sellers opinion of what constitutes 'good' or 'like new' condition.

Is there any here who own or have owned both and can weight in on the hands-on experience between the two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,192 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Trying to get into Earthbound on 3ds vc just found it boring to play so far does it get more interesting or is it just nostalgic overkill at this stage.

Yeah Yeah yeah boooooooo hisssssss etc etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Planning on buying Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Etrian Odyssey V, Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Persona Q2 at some point (already have Etrian Odyssey 4 and Untold 1 and Persona Q).

I really love my 3DS.

I'm sensing you like not only your 3DS but also Etrian Odyssey?
    I might be connecting there with the vague signals you're giving out about the franchise, but I think I'm right....

Ha!

I like them too, I have the first couple released on the DS and 3DS myself, though I'm not terribly good at them!

Couldn't finish EOIV despite enjoying it but I'm currently plugging away at Persona Q which has combat changes which make it quite a bit easier. So far anyways, I'm only on the second dungeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Pocket Card Jockey.

It's easily the best horse-racing/solitaire crossover game out at the moment. Highly addictive.

Got about 8-10 good hours out of this, thanks for the recommendation. Getting a bit repetitive now though but it was fun while it lasted. :)

Picked up a 2DS XL, feels a lot lighter than my old 3DS XL.

What colour did you get (I have the pikachu one).

_Godot_ wrote: »
    What colour did you get (I have the pikachu one).

White and Lavender, seem to have a problem though where it doesn't recognise the cart from cold boot. It has to be reinserted while its still on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've been looking for a 3DS game to play over Christmas and it passed me by that Luigi's Mansion has come out in the last few months. I played Luigi's Mansion 2 a few years ago and enjoyed it and have never tried the original on Gamecube, so this remake will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth is coming west on the 4th of June.

No dub, which is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any bargain bundles/discounts on a 2DS XL? Want to get Ocarina of Time a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Majora's mask is meant to be a Nintendo Select title now but I can't seen to find those copies anywhere.
    Are they in stores cause I can't seem to find them online :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

ERG89 wrote: »
    Majora's mask is meant to be a Nintendo Select title now but I can't seen to find those copies anywhere.
    Are they in stores cause I can't seem to find them online :confused:

I think it's only a Nintendo Select title in the US, and not currently available in Europe as a Selects title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah been keeping an eye out for it myself, seems to be a US only thing

Pity, wanted to play it.

Star fox just went selects too it has been on selects here for years, Majoras Mask probably won't ever go selects here in Europe, if it does it'll be a while away yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Apologies if resurrecting old thread. I'm getting my 2DS XL this evening. I currently have 3 accounts on my Switch (Irish and two other regions), can I just link all 3 to my 2DS XL or does it work the same way re buying from various eshop regions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I think 3DS family is region locked.

Having a lot of trouble getting 2DS to access the Eshop or even successfully perform a system update. Keep getting error messages, different ones each time. Tried mobile hotspot and no joy either. No hassle with Switch or other consoles. Been at it for an hour now and it's just not happening. Any tips on troubleshooting lads or is this a common thing with these?

It will connect to my wireless but takes forever. Drops signal then during updates which I'm guessing is why the update is never successful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

skerry wrote: »
    Having a lot of trouble getting 2DS to access the Eshop or even successfully perform a system update. Keep getting error messages, different ones each time. Tried mobile hotspot and no joy either. No hassle with Switch or other consoles. Been at it for an hour now and it's just not happening. Any tips on troubleshooting lads or is this a common thing with these?

It will connect to my wireless but takes forever. Drops signal then during updates which I'm guessing is why the update is never successful

Never had an issue with the 3DS/2DS we had/have. It's usually slow ... but works.
    Is this an issue with internet connectivity or connecting to Nintendo ?
    Does the web browser connect ok ? Think there is a web browser on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

skerry wrote: »

Have you tried with an open connection? I remember Nintendo handhelds were a bit iffy about only using one particular kind of wireless encryption and couldn't connect at all to more secure networks.

It's not a great long term solution, but if you just need some stuff in the short term, temporarily turn off all your internet security!

conormario wrote: »
    Never had an issue with the 3DS/2DS we had/have. It's usually slow ... but works.
    Is this an issue with internet connectivity or connecting to Nintendo ?
    Does the web browser connect ok ? Think there is a web browser on there.

Seems to be an issue with getting the 2DS to hold a stable connection to my wifi. When I do the connectivity test it takes a couple of minutes to connect but will get there eventually. But when I try download a system update or access the eshop I can see the connection drop the odd time on the top left of the screen and it won't update system or load Eshop.

@UberPrinny_Baal - Haven't tried with making my connection open. I did manage to successfully update the system and access the Eshop by using my phone as a hotspot this morning. It was slow and not ideal but got the job done.

Did a bit more digging and it seems that the system only recognizes 802.11 b/g mode on routers so need to log in to my router and see what mode its set at later and see if that resolves it.

• Advertisement

Think I finally got this sorted. Changed DNS from automatic to manual and entered 8.8.8.8 as DNS and going fine since. Really enjoying the console so far, it's looking like money well spent.

Try tethering to a 4g mobile phone should use very little data and should work but may be very slow any and all game download should be done with n sleep mode too

Try tethering to a 4g mobile phone should use very little data and should work but may be very slow any and all game download should be done with n sleep mode too

Managed to get the system update and a few demo's downloaded that way alright. DNS thing seems to have sorted it though so hopefully it will stay connected at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

End of an era. Looks like production of the 3DS has fully stopped. It had a great run!

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/09/17/nintendo-has-discontinued-the-nintendo-3ds-system/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, the DS line as a series of consoles was insanely successful.
    I wonder if they will ever bring it back, I imagine not.
    The Switch brand is so strong now, I can imagine most things for the next six to ten years will be a Switch variant of some kind.

Damn that's a sad one wonder how long will the 3ds store front on eshop stay active.

Reminds me I need to get a 2ds XL if I can in the near future.

Never played the 3DS as much as I'd like to but I'll always keep one around for the insane amount of RPGs for DS/3DS. The dual screen set up means you might as well always play on the real thing.

I am only lacking a N3DS XL in my collection now, so I must watch CEX and Adverts for a cheap one!
    The 2DS:XL is a nice device indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Damn that's a sad one wonder how long will the 3ds store front on eshop stay active.

Reminds me I need to get a 2ds XL if I can in the near future.

Same. I have it on watchlists on a few price tracker sites, but no deals in sight. I had two 3DS's. My gold Zelda model went missing in my parents house. :o And my replacement needs repairing.

Advertisement