Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Options
1848586878890»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

ERG89 wrote: »
    Majora's mask is meant to be a Nintendo Select title now but I can't seen to find those copies anywhere.
    Are they in stores cause I can't seem to find them online :confused:

I think it's only a Nintendo Select title in the US, and not currently available in Europe as a Selects title.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah been keeping an eye out for it myself, seems to be a US only thing

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Pity, wanted to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Star fox just went selects too it has been on selects here for years, Majoras Mask probably won't ever go selects here in Europe, if it does it'll be a while away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Apologies if resurrecting old thread. I'm getting my 2DS XL this evening. I currently have 3 accounts on my Switch (Irish and two other regions), can I just link all 3 to my 2DS XL or does it work the same way re buying from various eshop regions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I think 3DS family is region locked.

Having a lot of trouble getting 2DS to access the Eshop or even successfully perform a system update. Keep getting error messages, different ones each time. Tried mobile hotspot and no joy either. No hassle with Switch or other consoles. Been at it for an hour now and it's just not happening. Any tips on troubleshooting lads or is this a common thing with these?

It will connect to my wireless but takes forever. Drops signal then during updates which I'm guessing is why the update is never successful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

skerry wrote: »
    Having a lot of trouble getting 2DS to access the Eshop or even successfully perform a system update. Keep getting error messages, different ones each time. Tried mobile hotspot and no joy either. No hassle with Switch or other consoles. Been at it for an hour now and it's just not happening. Any tips on troubleshooting lads or is this a common thing with these?

It will connect to my wireless but takes forever. Drops signal then during updates which I'm guessing is why the update is never successful

Never had an issue with the 3DS/2DS we had/have. It's usually slow ... but works.
    Is this an issue with internet connectivity or connecting to Nintendo ?
    Does the web browser connect ok ? Think there is a web browser on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

skerry wrote: »

Have you tried with an open connection? I remember Nintendo handhelds were a bit iffy about only using one particular kind of wireless encryption and couldn't connect at all to more secure networks.

It's not a great long term solution, but if you just need some stuff in the short term, temporarily turn off all your internet security!

conormario wrote: »
    Never had an issue with the 3DS/2DS we had/have. It's usually slow ... but works.
    Is this an issue with internet connectivity or connecting to Nintendo ?
    Does the web browser connect ok ? Think there is a web browser on there.

Seems to be an issue with getting the 2DS to hold a stable connection to my wifi. When I do the connectivity test it takes a couple of minutes to connect but will get there eventually. But when I try download a system update or access the eshop I can see the connection drop the odd time on the top left of the screen and it won't update system or load Eshop.

@UberPrinny_Baal - Haven't tried with making my connection open. I did manage to successfully update the system and access the Eshop by using my phone as a hotspot this morning. It was slow and not ideal but got the job done.

Did a bit more digging and it seems that the system only recognizes 802.11 b/g mode on routers so need to log in to my router and see what mode its set at later and see if that resolves it.

• Advertisement

Think I finally got this sorted. Changed DNS from automatic to manual and entered 8.8.8.8 as DNS and going fine since. Really enjoying the console so far, it's looking like money well spent.

Try tethering to a 4g mobile phone should use very little data and should work but may be very slow any and all game download should be done with n sleep mode too

Try tethering to a 4g mobile phone should use very little data and should work but may be very slow any and all game download should be done with n sleep mode too

Managed to get the system update and a few demo's downloaded that way alright. DNS thing seems to have sorted it though so hopefully it will stay connected at that

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

End of an era. Looks like production of the 3DS has fully stopped. It had a great run!

https://mynintendonews.com/2020/09/17/nintendo-has-discontinued-the-nintendo-3ds-system/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, the DS line as a series of consoles was insanely successful.
    I wonder if they will ever bring it back, I imagine not.
    The Switch brand is so strong now, I can imagine most things for the next six to ten years will be a Switch variant of some kind.

Damn that's a sad one wonder how long will the 3ds store front on eshop stay active.

Reminds me I need to get a 2ds XL if I can in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Never played the 3DS as much as I'd like to but I'll always keep one around for the insane amount of RPGs for DS/3DS. The dual screen set up means you might as well always play on the real thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am only lacking a N3DS XL in my collection now, so I must watch CEX and Adverts for a cheap one!
    The 2DS:XL is a nice device indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Damn that's a sad one wonder how long will the 3ds store front on eshop stay active.

Reminds me I need to get a 2ds XL if I can in the near future.

Same. I have it on watchlists on a few price tracker sites, but no deals in sight. I had two 3DS's. My gold Zelda model went missing in my parents house. :o And my replacement needs repairing.

Advertisement