Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aew cemeteries open for visits at the moment?

Options
  • 27-03-2020 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I have tried DLR website for an answer to the above but their latest news is from 2018.

Can anyone tell me the current situation? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I have tried DLR website for an answer to the above but their latest news is from 2018.

Can anyone tell me the current situation? Thanks.

which one specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Shanganagh, but may also want to visit Deansgrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I was up in shanganagh yesterday. Drove up to the top plot with no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I was up in shanganagh yesterday. Drove up to the top plot with no issue

Shanganagh and Deansgrange are both administered from the office in Deansgrange so if one is open....

Might be a bit ironic to say so but but cemeteries will be the last places to close in the current situation.

I've seen cars go in and out of Deansgrange. The coffee shop on the left at the main (south) gate is probably closed but there's no reason why the other workers can't do their normal jobs. And there are several funerals a week there, they can't really close it or Shanganagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

An update on this, just back from Shanganagh Cemetery and it is locked up. Gates to drive in are closed, went to use the turnstile and it is locked also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Awaaf

Deansgrange main gates are closed each day now. The flower sellers are not showing up and the Bugnalow which also sold flowers has closed (possibly unconnected). I guess they open specially for small funeral groups. The turnstile is open and I see a few people going in here and there. Office is likely open as there are a few cars parked inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Shanganagh and Deansgrange both locked up yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Awaaf wrote: »
    Deansgrange main gates are closed each day now. The flower sellers are not showing up and the Bugnalow which also sold flowers has closed (possibly unconnected). I guess they open specially for small funeral groups. The turnstile is open and I see a few people going in here and there. Office is likely open as there are a few cars parked inside.

The turnstile is on a ratchet and is exit only, it's never locked.

Advertisement