Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options
  • 08-09-2018 9:28am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New year, which means it pa time to start rebuilding from scratch again.

The new Divisions mode sounds interesting but I got drained big time by last years power creep. By the end, the number of super teams just frazzled me, cause it became impossible to ever get a long lasting investment going; you bought a super player, only for even better ones to be there next week.

I've bought the Ultimate Edition (€80 with EA Access discount and loyalty discount, vs €81 they wanted for the Champions pack which comes with less).

It says on that you get a "Champions League pack" which will let you "choose one of five 80 to 83 rated gold players from qualified teams". I presume for keeps? Guess it won't be Ronaldo, lol

I don't think I'll be putting a fraction of time into trading this year though; just BPM and pack rewards, I reckon. I certainly can't see myself dropping an additional €100 on packs on Day one, like I've done the last two years. Presume there will be some packs for returning players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Any idea when the companion app for 19 releases? Usually get some freebies pre launch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the web app a thing anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Yes, they had it for 18 also, and a 'companion app' for iphone/android also. Usually opens again circa 1 week before launch with free rewards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Game releases 28th.

Pre-orders get it three days early, so 25th.

EA Access get it 20th Sept.

At a guess, the web app/companion app will launch on the 20th then. Usually, I think, you can't get your freebees until you show you've bought the game, which means logging on on your console first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Wasn't planning on getting this but a combination of Gamestop's 1 euro trade deal and Steven Gerrard being available as an icon has resulted in me getting a pre order.

The new divisions thing sounds like a good alternative to the weekend league because I'd rather play a few games in the evening than trying to fit all of them in the weekend so I'll probably give up on wl now that there'll be a better way to get enough coins and packs to mess around with.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pre-orders get it three days early, so 25th.

Is that for all pre orders or just the special edition ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Web App open on the 19th :D

"open" :P

It nearly always is a bombsite for a day or two.

*Urge to trade rising.*

OH HEY! Does that mean TOTW 0 is based on this weekend? Cause I'd love an IF Fellaini straight off the bat :P Hazard, Cavaini and Lozano probably too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Having few weeks off from work now will probably spend a lot of time trading to kill the time. On the other hand having few weeks off from work means I will not spend any real money on the game (which is good thing I guess).

Should be fun :)

Demo looked all right. Can't wait for the real thing.

I'll probably drop €50 and see what I get. Build up a Portuguese or Dutch team (whichever I get more of from opening packs), and the try and invest into an IF or 2 next week. Week 1 IFs rocketed up in price last year when the game launched. Not going to go IF trading this year though. Too much potential for slow, poor sales. Just gonna focus on normal Gold trading.

There seems to be starter SBCs, where you can trade in Bronze players for a "Player Pick" pack.

These packs seem to work as follows; when you open it, five players pop out and you choose the one you want to keep. Just like the draft.

Pre orders of certain tiers are getting a pack like that too. The peeps over on Reddit have worked out these are some of the players we'll be looking at for that....

https://i.redd.it/7w4bnwx3fmm11.png

(Not embedding cause the pic is huge)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bollox I just pre ordered it i guess that's me in for a other year after I convincing myself I wouldn't.

Cgn7C5nUoAAysOI.jpg-large.jpg

I hope the new quick tactics setup is carried over to ultimate team too it would be a cool option for out of position players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Can’t wait for the web app....I usually go mental at it until full-release and then never touch it again!

Not sure if I want to pre-order or not for those player pick packs....seems decent to start off with one of those players.

Just looked into pack probability being displayed this season:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/fifa-19-pack-probabilities

Doesn't really change anything or makes it any more clear than it was.

I will try to not to open too many and play with low rated team for a while and build nice coins balance until I am ready to strike (unless I pack Ronaldo in the first week of course).

So out of 100 packs on average just over 4 packs would contain a player of over 84.....

jayo26 wrote: »
    So out of 100 packs on average just over 4 packs would contain a player of over 84.....

And that doesn't mean that if you open 100 of them you will get any as they happily explain using coin flip analogy:)

Weekend league changes

30 games instead of 40
    Monthly rewards gone. Replaced by a pick of players every week. Presumably the better you do, the better the selection of players.

Love that. Means you're not punished if you want to take a week off.

Today is the day. I guess 6pm the Web app will go live?

Can't wait for disappointing packs opening, but at this stage everything will be worth something anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Weekend league changes

30 games instead of 40
    Monthly rewards gone. Replaced by a pick of players every week. Presumably the better you do, the better the selection of players.

Love that. Means you're not punished if you want to take a week off.
    There actually after making some good changes like if you get enough credits for weekend league you don't have to use them if your not around for the weekend. You can keep them for as long as you like

• Advertisement

gotthebug wrote: »
    There actually after making some good changes like if you get enough credits for weekend league you don't have to use them if your not around for the weekend. You can keep them for as long as you like

Yeap, and you seem to be able to build them up over multiple weeks, and in "normal" divisions mode too.

There's also better prizes in divisions now too. I saw a graphic the other day that showed prizes for coming in the top 15% of Div 6 was either a mega pack or 55k.

It seems that will cause huge inflation, but maybe that will be countered by people being able to pick rewards, instead of being forced to have ****ty ones they don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Yeap, and you seem to be able to build them up over multiple weeks, and in "normal" divisions mode too.

There's also better prizes in divisions now too. I saw a graphic the other day that showed prizes for coming in the top 15% of Div 6 was either a mega pack or 55k.

It seems that will cause huge inflation, but maybe that will be countered by people being able to pick rewards, instead of being forced to have ****ty ones they don't want.

Yea you can choose for three rewards. Just coins, tradable packs, or double the amount of untradable packs witch is good. I'll probably start with the untradable packs to build up a base for scbs

Yeap, would say I'll do ditto. Especially since I believe you tend to get far better cards in untradable packs than tradables anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Gonna put about 50 in or so on launch, can we do it on the ultimate edition that is released on the 25th or do I have to wait till official release? Looking forward to it now, no doubt I'll get absolute crap in my starter packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Gonna put about 50 in or so on launch, can we do it on the ultimate edition that is released on the 25th or do I have to wait till official release? Looking forward to it now, no doubt I'll get absolute crap in my starter packs.

You can do it from the 25th, or tomorrow if you avail of the 10hrs early access that it allows you. I have the game downloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

As loath as I am to give credit to EA, those are some good changes. The 40 games was absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Out on pc tonight. If they don't **** it up like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Liamalone wrote: »
    You can do it from the 25th, or tomorrow if you avail of the 10hrs early access that it allows you. I have the game downloading now.

On PS4 unfortunately so have to wait haha.

Screenshot_20180919-150817.jpg

• Advertisement

I am shocked they didn't put Ronnie in...

DndlH7uU0AAc9bk.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement