Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I'm actually surprised it has taken them this long to get him as a legend.

Yeah, a PES legend. Also played for my Italian team Parma back in the 90's, he was a monster player.
    I was only talking about him the other day. A mate said he'd gone off the rails, blown his fortune, and was living in a favela in Rio, hanging out with gangsters.
    A very quick google says it seems it's true, but it seems he's turned his life back around. Hopefully all is well with the fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

It used to be a game in itself taking long range shots with Aids. God help anyone you'd come up against when he was on top form!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

For any newcomers on this thread, I started up a boards ps4 league last year for PES 2018 where we've had 3 seasons.

Sign up has begun for the first league of PES 2019, just to get an idea of numbers, so pop over to the thread if interested and stick your name down.

We have 10 at the moment and anticipating another 6 or more from previous leagues to come back too but always room for more

PES 2019 Boards League Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Loving the gameplay, just wish their was a forfeit feature online, level 5 restrictions and still most games are unplayable, but ye have to sit through the whole thing.

• Advertisement

Loving the gameplay, just wish their was a forfeit feature online, level 5 restrictions and still most games are unplayable, but ye have to sit through the whole thing.

Only had 1 laggy game myself. Was it you or someone else who complained about lag last year too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd love if they brought in an opponent team level filter.

Nothing worse than picking an average team for fun and playing against a Barca. Or vice versa, when you pick a good but not brilliant team and get matched against an average team you'd love to match in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Made the switch back to the darkside this year , Enjoyed PES and the league ran by Colemania last year , but got bored of it soon enough the demo hasn't swayed me either and the loss of the champions league license is the nail for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Made the switch back to the darkside this year , Enjoyed PES and the league ran by Colemania last year , but got bored of it soon enough the demo hasn't swayed me either and the loss of the champions league license is the nail for me

Being honest I couldn't care less about the champions league. I may have played half a dozen matches in PES2018.

Online gameplay, myclub and master league is all I need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Colemania wrote: »
    Only had 1 laggy game myself. Was it you or someone else who complained about lag last year too?

Same. Extremely rare to experience lag issues on PES. It's been very good for online gaming for the last 2/3 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Being honest I couldn't care less about the champions league. I may have played half a dozen matches in PES2018.

Online gameplay, myclub and master league is all I need :)

I usually play one champions league when I get the game. You get a few trophies and some myclub points, it's a good way to get into the game and try out and customise settings, and you're not getting into anything too serious before an option file comes out.
    But I'm the same, master league, myclub and online games. Master league is handy when you just want to get into a game or 2 quickly without having to go online.

I wonder who this years Barca, Real Madrid and PSG will be? As in who will you be coming up against all the time online? I think Juventus will be up there with Barca. Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo with Pjanic in midfield will all have good stats. Bonucci and Chiellini back in defence with attacking fullbacks of Sandro and Cancelo. Good squad if you get off form players as well.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I usually play one champions league when I get the game. You get a few trophies and some myclub points, it's a good way to get into the game and try out and customise settings, and you're not getting into anything too serious before an option file comes out.
    But I'm the same, master league, myclub and online games. Master league is handy when you just want to get into a game or 2 quickly without having to go online.

I wonder who this years Barca, Real Madrid and PSG will be? As in who will you be coming up against all the time online? I think Juventus will be up there with Barca. Costa, Dybala, Ronaldo with Pjanic in midfield will all have good stats. Bonucci and Chiellini back in defence with attacking fullbacks of Sandro and Cancelo. Good squad if you get off form players as well.

I suppose France are up there too. Same squad as last year pretty much but better ratings. Liverpool will be fun with a good keeper and 87 rated van dijk at the back. Impact subs shaqiri, sturridge and wijnaldum to bring on

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I played a load of online games on this and really love it. Can't wait to play the full game with Liverpool's new squad.

I'm usually pretty poor online but I've been regularly been knocking in four or five goals against people in this one. Everything just seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I will more than likely not be playing it online but looking forward to Master League and its trappings.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Is the demo no longer available ?? Couldn't find it on store yesterday...though i was rather hungover.

Bought a ps4 only last year and got fifa cos everyone at work was getting it but I'm really not arsed about online - especially since our new apartment cant get fiber broadband. So, thinking of changing back to PES - really cant be doing with the scripting in FIFA.

Is the demo no longer available ?? Couldn't find it on store yesterday...though i was rather hungover.

Bought a ps4 only last year and got fifa cos everyone at work was getting it but I'm really not arsed about online - especially since our new apartment cant get fiber broadband. So, thinking of changing back to PES - really cant be doing with the scripting in FIFA.

Should be there alright. I had issues finding it on the PS store also but found it on the app on my phone and added it to my downloads from there.

Edit: Found it here still PES 2019 Demo Link

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Colemania wrote: »
    Should be there alright. I had issues finding it on the PS store also but found it on the app on my phone and added it to my downloads from there.

Edit: Found it here still PES 2019 Demo Link

Legend, thanks will set that downloading as soon as I get home. Should be ready by Christmas then on our arse broadband.

Anyone get charged from The game collection yet for their Pre-orders ?.
    They say on the website its a couple of days before release date you get charged and shipped next day I think

Anyone get charged from The game collection yet for their Pre-orders ?.
    They say on the website its a couple of days before release date you get charged and shipped next day I think

Ya, I've a pending transaction on my bank statement from GC anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GavRedKing wrote: »

Same here.

• Advertisement

No email yet though, hoping it ships later or tomorrow and I might get for the 30th then. :o

I ordered Beckham edition on shopto.net because I play myclub and it was a decent price. Was charged immediately and told I should get it day of release or day after. Hopefully it's this week anyway!

GavRedKing wrote: »

I Paid mine by Revolut so I may need to contact GC as nothing taking yet.

Edit: Just rang GC. They processing orders today and shipping today. They said card not charged yet and if any issues they will contact me. Should have it by Thursday and at worst Friday from Parcel Motel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

VonZan wrote: »
    There are charges pending but no idea whether it's GC or not, can you check pending transactions with Ulster Bank?

I've just checked my UB credit card pending transactions in UBs online anytimebanking and it shows the Game Collection charge as being one of them.

I Paid mine by Revolut so I may need to contact GC as nothing taking yet.

Edit: Just rang GC. They processing orders today and shipping today. They said card not charged yet and if any issues they will contact me. Should have it by Thursday and at worst Friday from Parcel Motel :)

Ya, I'd expect Friday TBH, I've never got a game on release day from GC but if it dropped on the Thursday I'd be delighted.

I managed to get FFXV about 4 days after release day so this is the first time I've bought a game form them since actually.

It wasnt even worth the wait, FFXV was awful. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Are pes universe the only ones getting day one option file out?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Are pes universe the only ones getting day one option file out?

There seems to be a basic one out on pes patch already

https://www.pes-patch.com/category/pes-2019-ps4-patches

If nothing better comes out between now and when I start playing this will do the job for me.

Just got my review code :)))))

Love how the demo lets you play online.

Would always play the FIFA demo and get a false sense of anticipation it would return to peak 13 days and find myself underwhelmed when playing a real person online at launch.

Only had one game but it was good craic.

The game doesn't feel as slick as FIFA in terms of dribbling and some other aspects but I've hated the last 5 FIFAs so I need to balance everything out in my judgement.

With that price on the GC at least if my enjoyment doesn't last I'm getting my money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

TheGameCollection also have a further 5% off with the code BankHol5

Advertisement