Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Cheltenham Preview Nights

• 23-01-2015 4:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭

Cheltenham Preview Night

Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa present another of the popular Cheltenham Preview Nights on Fri 27th.Feb. in their clubhouse. An all star panel has been assembled for the night: 
    MC: Lmfm 's PJ.Moran
    Trainers: JIM DREAPER
    Jockeys : ANDREW LYNCH ,A.P. HESKIN
    SIS's  MIKE VINCE and The Star's: BRIAN FLANAGAN

The event is kindly sponsored by BAMBURY BOOKMAKERS and  tickets are on sale now @ €10 (incl. €10 FREE BET) and complimentary FINGER FOOD.There will also be a special feature on the Arkle Statue.

All welcome for a feast of racing stories and tips for the cheltenham festival .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

Donaghmore Ashbourne Cheltenham Preview 27th February 2015

Cheltenham attracts thousands of Irish racing fans each year.

Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa club host another of their very popular Cheltenham Preview Night in their clubhouse on Fri. 27th feb.The yearly event is kindly sponsored again by Bambury Bookmakers .An all star line up of racing knowledge is set for the sixth year of Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa club preview nights.The panel is as follows :

mc: PJ MORAN LMFM
    trainers: NOEL MEADE ,SANDRA HUGHES ,BRENDAN DUKE
    jockeys :ANDREW LYNCH ,ADRIAN HESKIN
    and THE STAR'S BRIAN FLANAGAN, SIS MIKE VINCE

Admission is only €10 with a €10 free bet @ BAMBURY BOOKMAKERS and complimentary finger food . Tickets on sale from clubhouse & Bambury shops.

Donaghmore Ashbourne Cheltenham Preview 27th feb. 2015

Cheltenham attracts thousands of Irish racing fans each year.

Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa club host another of their very popular Cheltenham Preview Night in their clubhouse on Fri. 27th feb.The yearly event is kindly sponsored again by Bambury Bookmakers .A all star line up of racing knowledge is set for the sixth year of Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa club preview nights.The panel is as follows :

Admission is only €10 with a €10 free bet @ BAMBURY BOOKMAKERS and complimentary finger food . Tickets on sale from clubhouse & Bambury Bookmakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just looking at [mod edit:]last year's thread....[mod edit:] these nights are mainly for fun. Not many winners put up but still great nights.

Any idea who is on the panel in the Woodlands this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Friday Feb 27th
    Maryland GAA Club with Starsports
    Where: The Gap House, Moate
    Time: 9.00pm
    Panel: Sean Boyce MC, Tony Mullins, Johnny Ward, Kevin Blake, Andy Mc Namara
    Extras: €50 matched bet & enhanced odds
    Cost: €10
    Info: http://MarylandGAA.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Long Shadow

Date: Wednesday, 4th March 2015
    Venue: Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre, Westmanstown, Dublin 15
    Panel: Ruby Walsh, Davy Russell, Bryan Cooper, Jonathan Mullin (MC) Racing Post’s Paul Kealy, Paddy Power, A N Other
    Rafle: Top Prizes, (including a Trip for two to the 2015 Cheltenham Gold Cup)
    Proceeds: In aid of Brother Kevin Crowley’s, Bowe Street, Day Care Centre for Homeless People
    Tickets: In association with Paddypower.com are €20 each, which includes a€10 (Match) free bet and Free Finger food and
    Racing Post Cheltenham 2015 publication
    Call: Westmanstown Sports & Conference Centre on (01) 8207888. (Limited Seating)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

any preview night for Limerick yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Tipperary Racecourse Supporters Club & Tipperary Lions Club Cheltenham Preview Night

Date: Thursday, March 5th
    Venue: Tony Lowry's Bar, Tipperary Town
    Panel: Jimmy Mangan, Mick Winters, Ken Whelan & Tom Hogan
    Admission €5

Raffle on the night. All proceeds to Circle of Friends Cancer Support Unit, Tipperary Town

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Catherine Power

Waterford Cheltenham Preview in Woodlands Hotel , Waterford on Thursday, February 26th at 8pm.

Tickets at €20 are now available at Woodlands Hotel.
    Proceeds to SVP and Pieta House.

Panel is headed by John Francome and includes Nick Luck, Davy Russell, Tom Segal, Jim McGrath and Bryan Cooper:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Waterford Cheltenham Preview in Woodlands Hotel , Waterford on Thursday, February 26th at 8pm.

Tickets at €20 are now available at Woodlands Hotel.
    Proceeds to SVP and Pieta House.

Panel is headed by John Francome and includes Nick Luck, Davy Russell, Tom Segal, Jim McGrath and Bryan Cooper:
    Why 20e,the mind is in a spin.fools will pay this obnoxious price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

my opinion was serious overpriced for coneygree today we all make our money in different ways but 4/1,7/2,/3/1,/11/4, happy days.I invest in my opinion only and never listen with my ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

sting60 wrote: »

Proceeds to SVP and Pieta Hous. Come on its e20, are you really trying to turn people away from a charity event over such a miserable amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

my opinion was serious overpriced for coneygree today we all make our money in different ways but 4/1,7/2,/3/1,/11/4, happy days.I invest in my opinion only and never listen with my ears.

You are such an arse

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Gaultier GAA Club Cheltenham Preview Night;

Spinnaker Bar, Dunmore East, Co. Waterford Saturday 7th of March;

Panel;
    Donn McClean, Henry De Bromhead, Denis O Regan, John Duggan MC, & three well known locals guest previewing specific races with the expert panel

No raffle, Chelt tipster comp also being ran on the night local RNLI & Dunmore East First responders also beneficiaries, over €500 in prizemoney for tipster.

opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Panel;
    Donn McClean, Henry De Bromhead, Denis O Regan, John Duggan MC, & three well known locals guest previewing specific races with the expert panel

No raffle, Chelt tipster comp also being ran on the night local RNLI & Dunmore East First responders also beneficiaries, over €500 in prizemoney for tipster.

opinions?

Apologies Ken whelan is also on here!

Full panel;

MC John Duggan today FM

Denis O Regan, Donn McClean, Henry De Bromhead, Ken Whelan & "Three Wise Men" from the locality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Panel;

opinions?

7th march is leaving it a bit late isn't it? Although I would be interested in hearing Donn McLean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Cassimus

Our Cheltenham preview night will take place in the Alexander Hotel on Thursday 26th Feb. Kick off at 7.30pm. Doors from 6.30pm.

Panel of Robbie Power, Robbie McNamara, Nick Watts, David Jennings and Andrew Moore

Tickets €10 with a €5 free bet courtesy of Paddy Power. Tickets will also be available on the door.
    All proceeds go to the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund
    Superb raffle on the night with first prize a 5% share in a mare out of a half sister to Best Mate, courtesy of Supreme Horse Racing.
    Special odds on select horses will be available on the night.
    Free finger food.

Thanks to O’Callaghan Hotels, PP and Supreme Racing for supporting the night.
    Hope to see you there.
    DRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

any preview night for Limerick yet???

Superb line up in store at the Dunraven Arms, Adare Sunday 1st March. Nick Luck and Phillip Hobbs headline the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,213 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

morrga wrote: »
    Superb line up in store at the Dunraven Arms, Adare Sunday 1st March. Nick Luck and Phillip Hobbs headline the event.

How much? I seem to recall them charging €30.00 last year.

How much? I seem to recall them charging €30.00 last year.

€32 but I think dinner is included in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

would sooner go to the one in chawkes for e10 and eat a kabab in local chipper after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

€32 but I think dinner is included in this.
    Lemonfield PTP in Patrickswell the same day for anyone looking to make a day of it. Last Instalment, Whistle Dixie, Any Currency and The Tullow Tank all notable runners/winners in recent years at that ptp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Rhinestone Cowboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Two fantastic charities. I'd pay double. Would have thought that peanuts for such a big player like yourself.

Donaghmore Ashbourne Cheltenham Preview

Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa club host another of their very popular Cheltenham Preview Night in their clubhouse on Fri. 27th feb.The yearly event is kindly sponsored again by Bambury Bookmakers .An all star line up of racing knowledge is set for the sixth year of Donaghmore Ashbourne Gaa club preview nights.The panel is as follows :

Admission is only €10 with a €10 free bet @ BAMBURY BOOKMAKERS and complimentary finger food . Tickets on sale from clubhouse (tel. 018499140) & Bambury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Any word on the cafe em seine preview night lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

pugw wrote: »
    Any word on the cafe em seine preview night lads?

If you look in the link above:

"THURSDAY MARCH 5TH

Venue: Cafe En Seine, Dublin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Think this is the first one, on this Thursday in Balbriggan

http://balbriggan.info/events/balbriggan-cancer-support-group-cheltenham-preview-night/

7th march is leaving it a bit late isn't it? Although I would be interested in hearing Donn McLean.

The later the better I would have thought. Ground conditions and what races certain runners are going in may be more apparent.

If you look in the link above:

"THURSDAY MARCH 5TH

Venue: Cafe En Seine, Dublin"

Is the Cafe En Seine one usually mobbed or is it worth a go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Is the Cafe En Seine one usually mobbed or is it worth a go?

I went two years ago, was good but the noise in the surrounding place was a pain. So unless you were up near the front it was hard to hear tbh.

Advertisement