Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum mods promoting illegal activity

Options
  • 07-09-2020 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

It has come to my attention that the soccer forum has been used for over a decade to promote illegal activity. Moderators have been facilitating the dissolution on how to purchase counterfeit sports jerseys.

They have done this under the guise of replica jerseys.
    Replica jerseys are the ones you buy from official stores and are produced by a company like Adidas.
    What is discussed on these thread are not replica but counterfeit, they come with the official trademark but are not made or approved by the trademark holder.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921170
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057635672

Also if someone could amend my typo in the title that would be great.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is not disputing a card or ban - moved from DRP to Help Desk and typos in thread title corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Brand_New

Thank you, sorry for posting in the incorrect section.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The thread title is "Online Jersey Stores" which in itself does not promote any illegal activity. The mods are not "promoting illegal activity", although I accept users may be. Please report any posts you have an issue with.

Brand_New wrote: »
    Thank you, sorry for posting in the incorrect section.
    That's no problem. You are new to the site and we are happy to give direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Brand_New

Who do I report it do since the a mod is the one that created the newest thread?

There are a few thousand posts that need to be reported, can I mass report them?

• Advertisement

A mod started it because the original thread had been closed. That does not mean the mod was supporting/encouraging illegal activity

I would suggest you report a recent post and make your point. The mods can then take a view and act as they see fit. That's the process around here. You should only start a thread here if you feel the mods have not dealt with your issue and you feel further review is appropriate/required

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement