Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm a Celebrity 2020

• 10-08-2020 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Producers are swapping the Australian bush for the UK - and Conwy's Gwrych Castle in Wales is said to have topped the list.

The castle has more of a chequered history in its 200-year-old walls than any star to have graced the tabloids.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53719969

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Producers are swapping the Australian bush for the UK - and Conwy's Gwrych Castle in Wales is said to have topped the list.

The castle has more of a chequered history in its 200-year-old walls than any star to have graced the tabloids.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53719969

Yaay !

At least we have something to look forward to now ,although , how are they going to manage to social distance :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

If they are isolated and tested beforehand they won't have to SD? I'd imagine that's what they'd do....

pooch90 wrote: »
    If they are isolated and tested beforehand they won't have to SD? I'd imagine that's what they'd do....

That's a very fair point , which I didn't think of :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It won't be the same... conditions will be much worse in Wales weather wise so I wonder will alot of it be indoors...

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    It won't be the same... conditions will be much worse in Wales weather wise so I wonder will alot of it be indoors...

doesnt apear to be much of a roof on the place.

i think its a strange move but we will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

All they need is to get a celebrity ghost whisper on and scare the ****e out of the lot of them for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maura Higgins and Carol Baskin rumoured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Could be the best year yet if they make them sleep in tents out in the pissing rain!

Selling Sunset's Christine Quinn is the latest name to be thrown in the ring for I'm A Celebrity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mods: posts from 2019 thread moved here (so there is a bit of doubleup above).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maura Higgins and Carol Baskin rumoured

Maura was rumoured last year as well, I don't think she'll do it yet, maybe in a year or so when all of her other gigs dry up, she doesn't need it.

Would Gemma Collins go back in, she won't catch malaria

Would Gemma Collins go back in, she won't catch malaria

god i hope not. this could be our only chance to leave 2020 in any kind of a positive way.

god i hope not. this could be our only chance to leave 2020 in any kind of a positive way.

If she goes in , then I won't be watching. I detest her .

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Same!! She’s so over the top it’s borderline panto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Maura was rumoured last year as well, I don't think she'll do it yet, maybe in a year or so when all of her other gigs dry up, she doesn't need it.

If she is a nobody next year im a celeb wont want her. This gets her instant cash and even more exposure.

fr336 wrote: »
    If she is a nobody next year im a celeb wont want her. This gets her instant cash and even more exposure.

Have you not seen the im a celeb line up every year. It’s mostly no body’s. Besides Maura will never be a nobody she will always have love island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Well start a boycott if she is!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Keith Duffy in talks to go in.

• Advertisement

Keith Duffy in talks to go in.

General public in talks to vote him out.

How ya buddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

General public in talks to vote him out.

How ya buddies.

Cmon that is unfair depiction of the general public, he would at least be tortured with bush tucker trials first. Then we kick him out.

I don’t mind Keith. He was on the very first celebrity big brother and was grand on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

I wonder who'll be the token true Brit /Brexit loving 'eccentric'. Maybe Larry (Pity me I'm so discriminated against) Fox?

I don’t mind Keith. He was on the very first celebrity big brother and was grand on that.

I like Keith too, think he was great in Corrie and Fair City, he should return to acting after this though he was just playing himself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

ITV has confirmed that the new run of I'm A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here! will start on November 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You’d be disgusted having to go in this year, no first class return tickets to Australia and pre Xmas tan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Between this coming back and the sport at weekends it finally feels there's some bit of normality returning to 2020.

Vernon Kay is thought to be earning a massive £250,000 by signing up :eek:

wht does everyone think about it being in wales . i cant see any reason why it couldnt be a bit more exotic and still be covid safe. strikes me as money saving rather than anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gwrych Castle is only a few miles from my hometown in Wales, when i was younger, probably up to age 12ish we used to go there a 3 or 4 Sundays a summer, they had a huge market on and a jousting festival, was great fun and the castle, as far as i remember it wasn't in that bad condition, since then though, and this is early/mid 80's its been let go big time, IIRC some American guy bought it for 1 pound, promising all sorts but never delivered.

The locals are a bit peeved as some thought they'd be able to get near the castle but no, it's like Fort Knox

Big issue i can see is when it's all over, you're gonna get clowns going up there to have a look round and it's really not safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The nostalgia watching this. :)

Jeff2 wrote: »
    The nostalgia watching this. :)

It's brilliant , and Ant and Dec doing the trials was priceless !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I had forgotten just how rude Lady C was.

I thought Eric Cantona was going in

I think too many soap stars again this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Been talking to a good mate of mine who lives in Abergele and is working security on the site, he says the potential for the castle after this is huge, ITV have made a huge payment which is going to go towards renovation.

Also, the owner is going to be doing 'I'm a Celebrity' camping , where people can camp in the same campsite and do trials like the tv show, also just the option to do trials only and spend a day there....gonna be huge for the region

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

It's brilliant , and Ant and Dec doing the trials was priceless !

What were you watching Ant & Dec doing the trial on, Mam? Is this available to catch up on anywhere?
    I am SO, SO looking forward to this starting ..... :D

HeyV wrote: »
    What were you watching Ant & Dec doing the trial on, Mam? Is this available to catch up on anywhere?
    I am SO, SO looking forward to this starting ..... :D

It was on Virginia Media/Utv/I TV, on Sunday night , I'm sure it must be on one of them on catchup?
    Worth looking for anyway !
    Roll on the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

It was on Virginia Media/Utv/I TV, on Sunday night , I'm sure it must be on one of them on catchup?
    Worth looking for anyway !
    Roll on the weekend!

Oh I can’t wait! I love it and looking forward to it now more than ever... fun telly, end of! :D

HeyV wrote: »
    Oh I can’t wait! I love it and looking forward to it now more than ever... fun telly, end of! :D

The show the other night was very good , showed old clips also , Lady C , Iain and Amir eating the strawberries and cream , hilarious!

The I'm A Celebrity Jungle Special is on UTV/ITV now , for anyone who missed it last weekend .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Checking in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭prunudo

https://www.facebook.com/22402815405/posts/10158885712310406/?sfnsn=mo

Pictures of the set up on facebook, hope its well insulated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Is it starting tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think the change of venue is a great thing .I was getting a bit bored of the same old same old jungle with same old hammocks etc .This looks great .,

wyrn wrote: »
    Is it starting tonight?

Starting tonight 9pm can’t wait :)

Looking forward to this :)

Looking forward to this :)

so am i . i think we need a good dose of humor

• Advertisement
Advertisement