Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea green - New Housing development

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

We’re due to snag week ending 11th December so looks like we’ll be neighbours too.

We haven’t had much contact with wood group either, just one email to say when they anticipated we’d be snagging. Have asked them for an update but haven’t heard anything back. We bought a new build a few years ago and had major delays getting in so we always took the promised date of completion (July, in our case) with a pinch of salt.

Does anyone know what the different paint colours are for the walls? According to the brochure, we have a choice of three.

Sandra or the painter can give you those. Skimming stone, Ammonite and cornforth white.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭scrabble1498

Cluster wrote: »
    Sandra or the painter can give you those. Skimming stone, Ammonite and cornforth white.

Thanks Cluster - did you get in touch with the painter beforehand or did he get in touch with you?

Thanks Cluster - did you get in touch with the painter beforehand or did he get in touch with you?

Sandra mailed us all the Tradesmen numbers as we are now dealing with them on the various bits and pieces.

For instance, if you want gas in the kitchen, you need to let them know sooner rather than later. i was surprised by that but there ye go.

We should be in by December.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

For instance, if you want gas in the kitchen, you need to let them know sooner rather than later. i was surprised by that but there ye go.

Don't be surprised :)

All 1st fixing of cabling and piping is ideally done before slabbing (putting plasterboard in place). This avoids the need to re-plaster and / or re-slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 C_L20

Does anyone know if they’re on track with the houses due at end of November/December?

• Advertisement

C_L20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they’re on track with the houses due at end of November/December?

Well mine seems to be. Snagging by end of November

I asked if we still on for snagging mid December and was told that they would get back to me - so I’m thinking we’re not!

While I’m here, struggling to get a hold of some of the tradesmen - does anyone know which of the three colours the interior of the show houses were painted in please? And does anyone know how the painter leaves the stairs - are they painted white?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jbc74

Hi All - We have been very interested in buying in Seagreen - but messaged the estate agent in August and never heard back and just messaged again. Any tips regarding how to get in touch? Curious to do a walkthrough of the properties, understand what layouts are available, what's included and what's extra and how much extra, etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

jbc74 wrote: »
    Hi All - We have been very interested in buying in Seagreen - but messaged the estate agent in August and never heard back and just messaged again. Any tips regarding how to get in touch? Curious to do a walkthrough of the properties, understand what layouts are available, what's included and what's extra and how much extra, etc.

Thanks!

Considering the demand in Greystones for housing I think you need to ring the agent rather than message them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tris111

Hi all, I think I'm a small bit late to this housing development by reading all your posts. Love the look of the estate and would be really interested in buying here.
    Do you know if there will be another phase after this one?
    At the moment I can see a release for 4 bed Valentine style houses but I'm wondering if these are probably all sold already.

• Advertisement

tris111 wrote: »
    Hi all, I think I'm a small bit late to this housing development by reading all your posts. Love the look of the estate and would be really interested in buying here.
    Do you know if there will be another phase after this one?
    At the moment I can see a release for 4 bed Valentine style houses but I'm wondering if these are probably all sold already.

Sherry Fitz will know but they are building the last of them up the hill now.

Hi guys can I ask also the latest phase according to the site plan seems to be mostly semidetached houses but also the odd detached house too.
    Would anyone have flooring plans for the detached just to compare the difference?
    Apologies if I've missed it on the website but I think I can only see the Valentine style which is semi detached.

Hi guys can I ask also the latest phase according to the site plan seems to be mostly semidetached houses but also the odd detached house too.
    Would anyone have flooring plans for the detached just to compare the difference?
    Apologies if I've missed it on the website but I think I can only see the Valentine style which is semi detached.

The dethatched are dormer bungalows (or houses) I believe. Pretty big too I think. There aren't any built yet, possibly foundations down. There s a site map online or in the brochure you can make out the gardens and house size but its isnt a detailed plan, more an artists impression of the area

https://seagreengreystones.ie/site-plan-seagreen/

Number 42,35 and 63

Morning all,

Did anyone due to snag end of November or in a December get an updated snag date? Our snag date came and went without any word from Wood Group and then got an email from them to say site would be closed due to current lockdown.

Hi Cluster, thanks for that!

I contacted Sherry Fitzgerald and they said numbers 51 to 63 havent been released yet so on that I was hoping maybe from 42 or 35 we would know what they were like. Didn't realise these hadn't been built yet.

I think in previous posts I read that you bought in Seagreen lately, do you mind if I ask whether houses were snapped up very quickly in the phase that they were released and were sherry Fitzgerald good for contacting you to let you know date of release etc.

Morning all,

Did anyone due to snag end of November or in a December get an updated snag date? Our snag date came and went without any word from Wood Group and then got an email from them to say site would be closed due to current lockdown.

They dont snag for you, or they shouldn't I wouldn't have thought. You need to arrange that yourself with an independent snagger.

Hi Cluster, thanks for that!

I contacted Sherry Fitzgerald and they said numbers 51 to 63 havent been released yet so on that I was hoping maybe from 42 or 35 we would know what they were like. Didn't realise these hadn't been built yet.

I think in previous posts I read that you bought in Seagreen lately, do you mind if I ask whether houses were snapped up very quickly in the phase that they were released and were sherry Fitzgerald good for contacting you to let you know date of release etc.

My experience with them wasn't great. You need to drive that for information. I'd keep them on their toes If I were you.

From discussions with various people related to the site, a minority of houses are still available. That could change very quickly though. I know people from Greystone's trying to scale up who are having trouble getting houses so you need to be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

My experience with them wasn't great. You need to drive that for information. I'd keep them on their toes If I were you.

From discussions with various people related to the site, a minority of houses are still available. That could change very quickly though. I know people from Greystone's trying to scale up who are having trouble getting houses so you need to be quick.

Can i ask, if you moved in lately, dod you have your house sold when you booked the house in Seagreen? We tried to book one in an early phase but really couldn't line things up with selling our own place etc. We would likely be in the same situation again this time.

Can i ask, if you moved in lately, dod you have your house sold when you booked the house in Seagreen? We tried to book one in an early phase but really couldn't line things up with selling our own place etc. We would likely be in the same situation again this time.

Still havent moved in but yes, it was sold before, think it might have to be sale agreed before you can move on them (not a 100% sure on that, seem to remember something along those lines)

They dont snag for you, or they shouldn't I wouldn't have thought. You need to arrange that yourself with an independent snagger.

Oh I know that - but the developer had given us a date on which we were due to snag which was mid December - trying to figure out how close we are to completion.

• Advertisement

Oh I know that - but the developer had given us a date on which we were due to snag which was mid December - trying to figure out how close we are to completion.

Of course, sorry

Does anyone know if there is anymore houses to launch in Seagreen or are they all gone at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Does anyone know if there is anymore houses to launch in Seagreen or are they all gone at this stage?

I think they're done, seem to be just tidying up the roads etc at this stage.

thanks- was on to agent. There will be more at a later stage- late 2021/2022.

Advertisement