Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Doom lusting after Sue Storm and getting Jedi mind tricked by Reed not to mention that occasional IT'S CLOBBERING TIME only serves to humanise Doom, he has held the power of a god and is potentially one of the greatest threats to the MCU if done correctly. I personally think he deserves an origin story he needs a good actor to play the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chadwick Boseman's Final Performance as Black Panther Will Be in Disney+'s What If...? Series
    Now, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has affirmed to Emmy Magazine that Boseman — whose final live-action performance as Black Panther wound up being in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame — voiced the Wikandan king and hero for What If…?, an animated anthology that explores fun, alternate takes on famous Marvel tales.

For example, Boseman’s T’Challa at one point finds himself suited up as Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Star-Lord, as glimpsed in the trailer below.

“[He] came in about four times and recorded numerous episodes,” Feige told Emmy Magazine. “In hindsight, it’s very moving.”

https://tvline.com/2020/12/22/chadwick-boseman-final-black-panther-performance-what-if-disney-series/

50c in my local charity shop today.

They probably robbed me but it will be worth it.

My night viewing.

MV5BMjIxYzQ2MjEtNjgwMC00ZmM2LWI1MjAtOWNkOGE2ODYyZDk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

50c in my local charity shop today.

They probably robbed me but it will be worth it.

My night viewing.

MV5BMjIxYzQ2MjEtNjgwMC00ZmM2LWI1MjAtOWNkOGE2ODYyZDk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

One of the writers of Batman Begins :D

You should check out the Cinematic Universe podcast about it when you've watched, I can't remember that specific episode but they're usually entertaining.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can remember watching that as a young kid and just being happy it was something to do with superheroes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

FunLover18 wrote: »
    One of the writers of Batman Begins :D

You should check out the Cinematic Universe podcast about it when you've watched, I can't remember that specific episode but they're usually entertaining.

I didn't know there was one. Is it run by a marvel drone or some superfan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I didn't know there was one. Is it run by a marvel drone or some superfan?

Oh it's just some fans on the UK but two of them really know their stuff and they cover all comic book movies, not just Marvel or even superhero.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really, really hope its just small roles in terms of multiverse versions of Cap. Original Cap, like Tony, shouldn't come back. I'm hesitant to even ever have them come back for flashback appearances. Multiverse I could understand.

Bring him back as the new Black Panther.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Actually Wandavision is tonight is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pjohnson wrote: »
    Actually Wandavision is tonight is it?

Tomorrow morning @ 8.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

There's about 7 million ways to have him back.

He's been aged and deaged at least twice in the comics :D could just have Wanda deage him as part of her (probably) reality warping thing we're about to see.

Or a multiverse thing.

If he's been hanging out in the past with Peggy you could have a flash back to him doing a mission in the 70s or whatever.

Personally, I'd like to see him mentoring the inevitable young avengers/ champions we are absolutely going to see coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,029 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marvel are doing great stuff to get online speculation going with WandaVision.

So far there's been references to Wonder Man, Bova, Grim Reaper, Mephisto, AIM, Stark industries, SWORD, and the Whizzer :D

Obviously not all of these are going to show up, I don't even think more than 2 will right now. But obviously they're going for that online buzz as the series progresses.

Anyone watch it? I liked how they completely committed to the gimmick, and it wasn't bad, but I'm not sure my interest will be sustained through a few more episodes of sitcom milarky unless the weirdness ramps up from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Marvel are doing great stuff to get online speculation going with WandaVision.

So far there's been references to Wonder Man, Bova, Grim Reaper, Mephisto, AIM, Stark industries, SWORD, and the Whizzer :D

Obviously not all of these are going to show up, I don't even think more than 2 will right now. But obviously they're going for that online buzz as the series progresses.

Anyone watch it? I liked how they completely committed to the gimmick, and it wasn't bad, but I'm not sure my interest will be sustained through a few more episodes of sitcom milarky unless the weirdness ramps up from here on out.
    As you say it's a gimmick, and they laid on thick with the winks and nodding.

I feel the second episode was better, while the first one was tedious. Hopefully the series will continue on our upward curve.

Olsen and Bettany are great but Kathryn Hahn will hopefully be part of the bigger picture beyond Wandavision. She's been the standout in the first two episodes.

As you say it's a gimmick, and they laid on thick with the winks and nodding.

I feel the second episode was better, while the first one was tedious. Hopefully the series will continue on our upward curve.

Olsen and Bettany are great but Kathryn Hahn will hopefully be part of the bigger picture beyond Wandavision. She's been the standout in the first two episodes.

Agree with all of this. Think the second one was actually legitimately kind of funny and there was a dark tinge to all the suburbanite politicing, which I am sure is going to become something more later. Also we got a bit more of a hint that crazy stuff is going on in the last 5 minutes or so. I think being old enough to have watched repeats of I Dream of Genie and Bewitched probably ups my tolerance level for all the American sitcom stuff, but I want more story from here out.

I wonder if Hahn is the obvious character from Wanda's past? If so there's a good chance she'll pop up quite a bit, seeing as for the next few movies it looks like the universe it revolving around her.

I've seen a few theories in regards Agnes, it's interesting.

The mystery really is killing me I suppose that's why I found the first episode a struggle.

Matt Damon has arrived in Australia for Thor filming.

If he is flying Down Under it must be for more than a cameo this time.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings trailer will arrive during the Super Bowl.

• Advertisement

Who would have thought Shang Shi would have a trailer before Eternals given the latter was one of the first confirmed to be in production post Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Steve Rogers return could be a What If? episode as that show is in the works

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Steve Rogers return could be a What If? episode as that show is in the works

What if? is animated and Steve Rodgers is already confirmed to be in it, Chris Evans recorded the voice acting for the episode during the avengers movies.

If he is returning its for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Strong rumours that black widow is going to be a Disney plus release now. Which would make sense hopefully

Ryan Coogler has signed on for a Wakanda series on Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ryan Coogler has signed on for a Wakanda series on Disney+

Danai Gurira probably star in it since she left The Walking Dead.

I wonder how they're going to address T'Chala.

I know they're not recasting, but they seem to still be all in on the Panther part of the MCU, so they're going to have to somehow.

Multiverse gives them a handy out but it's a fine balance to act as they need to recognise T'challa somehow before moving on.

Joker in TDKR didn't require too much explanation on his absence given he was incarcerated, but I think Nolan handled it well as Joker's shadow clearly loomed over Bruce, Gordon, and Gotham.

Coogler and Feige could do the same; T'challa's absence is felt and in part drives the plot, but ultimately only to tell a new story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I still think they should just kill the character off. Not like the MCU doesn't lean heavily on CGI for its in-suit characters, so the opening set piece could be a Black Panther mission that goes wrong, the hero dying without needing to show Boseman. Boom, instant stakes and plot, with the enemy's power established in the first act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon the movie will open with his funeral. I don't think they will kill him on screen, even if it is double or CGI.

Advertisement