Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council tax - quite a bitter pill

Options
  • 12-03-2021 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭

So a fresh new council tax bill arrived yesterday for the year ahead. Just over £1900 :( and my thoughts initially go to the state of the roads and footpaths! We'll be here 10 years in May so I'm well used to paying it at this stage but that's not to say I'm not allowed have a moan about it.

Anyway, share your pain, how much is yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I believe mine is due to go up by something like 5.9%. I already saw a dramatic rise this year by moving from a 2 bed place in Lambeth to a 3 bed place in Merton so am not looking forward to the final figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

9.5% increase by Sadiq Khan. As well as his idea for an outer London toll charge in the future.

Remember that at the election in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Feels like the unfortunate byproduct of a Labour London Mayor in an era of a Conservative majority government. The same increase probably wouldn't have been necessary if circumstances were different and money would have been shuffled around to limit the fallout of covid on TFL finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

As I'm out in the sticks now, I'm not seeing these increases you guys mention. Essex CC have no direct increase, there is a slight bump to the Police & Fire portion but it only amounts to about £30 - which is less than half of the 2020 increase.

Advertisement