Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Tan??

Options
  • 06-09-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Does anyone know whether its better to get spray tan done a day before or two days before the debs? has anyone had it done before so i know wat to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Out of interest what tan are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 **rainbowcake**

fantasy tan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

ok well i dunno cuz im already naturally tanned but would love to be a lighter tone! Its weird isnt it?! People who are fair want to be tanned, those of us who are tanned want to be fair! funny old world we live in!

I've never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Never heard of it either. Where are you getting it done?

Do you need to shower after it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Its best time to get a spray tan is the day beforehand, you then shower the next day to get rid of the excess tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 **rainbowcake**

thanks everyone but i've decided not to get the tan done now! don't wanna risk it incase it comes out streaky! i never wear tan anyway so on the nite of my debs it mite look a bit silly! au natural all the way!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yup misswex is right get it done day before then have a wash so the excess is gone and it will look great. same for san tropez. oh and wear old clothes on the way home from the salon cos your clothes will get stained!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Girls natural tan is the only way to go, other wise i think it looks tacky and cheap and wouldnt approach a girl plastered in fake tan !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks everyone but i've decided not to get the tan done now! don't wanna risk it incase it comes out streaky! i never wear tan anyway so on the nite of my debs it mite look a bit silly! au natural all the way!!!!!!
    Good decision! last time on here the girl ended up thinking it was crap.On the negative site i can't say 'youv'e been tango'ed' as you didn't get it done. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Anyone getting a tan done should go for Fake Bake or St. Tropez - the two most natural ones on the market and both look fantasic when done!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had a fake tan once, I've accepted my practically pale blue skin so would usually avoid tanning. But I'd been really sick and I wanted something to disguise the horrible pallour I'd gotten. But I found it came off all over my clothes.

After the 2 hours I'd had to wait to wash it off I scrubbed and scrubbed but it was still all over my sheets that night. The next morning I had another shower and went really overboard scrubbing but it still continued to stain everything I wore for 5 days.

I'd never get a fake tan again. I would advise against fake tanning, especially for a special occassion if your outfit is a pale colour. I can't believe brides put it on and then get in a white dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

You made the right choice. I can't stand those fake tan things; I just think it's better to just be yourself!! All natural is the way to be!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

have got a sunfx spray tan a good few times over the last few years-theres a salon in donneybrook that does it really well.It looks absolutely amazing-no streaks or anything-if you want a really dark colour just tell them-when i get a sunfx tan it never looks fake.It is a bit pricey at roung 6oeuros but definatly worth it.The most important thing to do is shave the night before and exfoliate like mad-i always use the sancturary scrub from boots!just spread it everywhere and scrub the night before.Then 2nights before the debs id get it done.dont wear a bra after you get it done-just wear something black and loose.If you do get streaky hands the next day -it will come straight off by soaking in hot water and milton-its disenfectant for babys bottles but it really gets rid of fake tan. and just scrub the streaky bits away1but i garuntee if you get a sunfx therel be no streaky bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

60e? That's crazy. I get Sun FX done for 30ish in Urbana in town and she sprays it REALLY dark there.
    I'd get it done the day before the debs. Then wash it off the next morning. Get it done as late as possible if you can the day before as it's horrible walking around with it on.
    Iguana - you sound like you've done the fake tan all wrong. You're supposed to leave it on for about 8 hours. And I've used it every week for years and it never comes off on my clothes or bed once I've showered it off.
    I think a tan looks great, makes you look slimmer for a start.

Pythia wrote:

That it does.

I got a fake bake spray done recently and it turned out nicely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Pythia wrote:
    Iguana - you sound like you've done the fake tan all wrong. You're supposed to leave it on for about 8 hours. And I've used it every week for years and it never comes off on my clothes or bed once I've showered it off.

I got one of those sunfx tans, although you're right about the 8 hours, I meant to type that instead of 2. It still came off on any light coloured clothes I was wearing during the week.

Advertisement