Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applegreen - 5c off Fuel

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Paid €1.32.9 in Kerry on Saturday. It was €1.43.9 in Limerick this morning.

I paid 1.28.9 in Circle K in Limerick yesterday for Diesel. Nearest Apple Green was a whole 0.8c cheaper. Got steadily cheaper from the Dublin road the further towards Corbally I went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Miles+ has an additive that cleans fuel injectors, thats pretty much it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

killanena wrote: »
    Miles+ has an additive that cleans fuel injectors, thats pretty much it.

To say its injector cleaner is a bit of a misnomer. It contains a higher concentration of deposit control additives and 2-EHN than miles which also has those additives. Unless you have something prone to accumulating carbon like a GDI petrol or an old TDCI diesel probably not worth the extra cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

Saw diesel today at 132.

Diesel in Ballina 124.9, unleaded 127.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It seems to me no matter who you get your fuel from the 10c difference between unleaded and diesel has been eradicated since the murmurings about diesel excise rising pre budget 2018, or is there another logical reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

vicwatson wrote: »
    It seems to me no matter who you get your fuel from the 10c difference between unleaded and diesel has been eradicated since the murmurings about diesel excise rising pre budget 2018, or is there another logical reason?

Because they have seen they can charge extra and get away with doing so.

This 5c off is a gimmick as I'm seeing many other stations are now cheaper then apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Paid 132 for diesel yesterday. It's a welcome cut.

Also saw it at 139.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

While the reduction is welcome, oil has lost nearly 25% of its value from its $80+ dollar high this year. So prices should be coming down anyway. But as usual, always slower to come down than to go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,542 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The required increase in biofuel content has made diesel dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Is pumps.ie working at all any more or is there any equivalent for checking stations?
    There's gotta be a market for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Not a bargain when the fuel will fcuk up your car. Go to maxol Texaco esso / topaz for your fuel. Save yourself the hassle in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

1.29 on the North Ring Road across from Dunnes, delighted.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Amprodude wrote: »
    Not a bargain when the fuel will fcuk up your car. Go to maxol Texaco esso / topaz for your fuel. Save yourself the hassle in the long run.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

123654789 wrote: »
    Is pumps.ie working at all any more or is there any equivalent for checking stations?
    There's gotta be a market for it.

Working fine for me. I'm using the Android app most weeks. Excellent yoke! ðŸ˜

L1011 wrote: »
    The required increase in biofuel content has made diesel dearer.

Maxol seem to be keeping the 10c distance:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Amprodude wrote: »
    Sweet divine mother of Jesus........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,143 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

dodzy wrote: »

Its what happens when you put a lawnmower engine in a motor vehicle.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

dodzy wrote: »

You better believe it kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Applegreen diesel and petrol is notoriously bad. I have heard several people say things like lawnmowers etc don't start with it.

Only seeing this now and actually have a thread up about bad consumption, my car has gotten so bad since I used Applegreen to the point I'm not re-fuelling this week(normally refill at half) until literally the last drop so I can get rid of as much of it as possible out of the tank!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Only seeing this now and actually have a thread up about bad consumption, my car has gotten so bad since I used Applegreen to the point I'm not re-fuelling this week(normally refill at half) until literally the last drop so I can get rid of as much of it as possible out of the tank!

Over in the Motors forum yeah. You also said in the same thread that your heavy consumption didn't change when you filled at Topaz after.......

Did a little over 400kms driving at the weekend, used just over half a tank of Applegreen diesel. Happy with that given that the IS200D aren't very frugal cars at all.

• Advertisement

Testament1 wrote: »
    Over in the Motors forum yeah. You also said in the same thread that your heavy consumption didn't change when you filled at Topaz after.......

Did a little over 400kms driving at the weekend, used just over half a tank of Applegreen diesel. Happy with that given that the IS200D aren't very frugal cars at all.

There was still half a tank of Applegreen when I refilled after 3 days usage, it has all started since I used Applegreen.

That's winter blend fuel having come in. Every station will have that now

Every station in Ireland sells the same fuel. There is no magic source of secondary content. There is one refinery and shared loading gantries in the ports

Maxol seem to be keeping the 10c distance:confused:

1.2c at the local Maxol. Your one is either loss leading on diesel or having a laugh on petrol

Maxol in Tallaght had petrol for 135.1, Topaz was around 140. Not sure on Diesel at Maxol around the 130 mark.

L1011 wrote: »
    1.2c at the local Maxol. Your one is either loss leading on diesel or having a laugh on petrol

I don't know what they are doing but it's 127.9 Diesel and 137.9 petrol at the moment

Advertisement