Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S9+ €569 Amazon.de

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

A lot of newly announced and newly released phones have just a notch or none at all. So give it a year and the S9+ will look dated since it has a large bezel on the top. Not that you'd care but that's the way things will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

kaji wrote: »
    I'm sooo tempted.. but realise that there will be a big sale on the 11th for Xiaomi and Huawei and One plus phones. And then there's also Black Friday coming up. So I can see this price dropping even more for the S9+, especially since there's so many new phones out that don't have a bezel, this phone suddenly looks dated. So I'm gonna wait this month out

Whats the 11th all about? I doubt Oneplus will reduce their phones, they never do. Think I'll wait a little longer to see if this is reduced more around black Friday and I also don't think the S9 or S9+ look dated at all, better looking than a poxy notch anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

celticsfan wrote: »
    I will buy one of these as a gift,is it the german version we buy to work here or does it matter??? thanks

No difference in the 'German' or 'Irish' versions- same bands on both- and you choose the operating language at first startup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What are the chances of this being reduced again for black Friday? Finger has been hovering over the buy button since my S5 neo was pickpocketed two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I can see the S8 on sale Black Friday.
    And possibly the standard S9.

But I can imagine there may be some sorry people who are looking for even more off the plus but being disappointed during Black Friday.

Personally can't see the Plus version going too much cheaper, if at all this year anyhow.

Considering it was €1000 at release, the current price relates to a 43% discount...that's a real sweet deal right now for a top end android smartphone IMHO.

Yeah wouldn't want to risk being too greedy and missing the current deal, might just go for it!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mine arrived last Thursday (thanks again, OP) and I'm very happy with it so far. I was worried it'd be in bits, or an empty box coming from i-Parcel :pac:

I just need to get a film or something on it, to protect the screen from scratching a bit. Any suggestions? (I read that the glass protectors don't work well with the likes of Spigen cases so thinking of a film one instead).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I use a G-Color wet applied soft screen protector from Amazon. It's almost unnoticeable when applied. One lasted me a few months and started peeling a little at the edges. Put on another and perfect since.

Just made the plunge. After adjusting for Irish VAT and delivery it's just over €596, still a relative deal. Beans on toast for the next couple of months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm struggling away on a Galaxy S2. Might be time for me to upgrade..

Another offer, as posted here by pajoemccracken (props to him)
    Just posting here also in case anyone misses it.

Samsung Galaxy S9+ Smartphone Bundle Gold and Purple €569
    + Free Samsung Evo Plus 128GB Memory Cardand €569 on Amazon Germany
    https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-Sunrise-Gold/dp/B07GQVCX3Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1541407978&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=samsung+s9+plus+128GB&dpPl=1&dpID=31JhJojZ1oL&ref=plSrch

Original thread to thank that OP...
    https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057926071?fuid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

Up to €623 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

CWF wrote: »
    Up to €623 now

Could you post up where you see €623? I could see €653 by Amazon but no others. I'm probably gonna go for this instead of my initial hope of 256GB version.

EDIT: Whoops. I notice this is referring to the original post. I was looking at the one with the SD card. Thanks anyway.

Would you guys still suggest that €623 is a good price for it? Or should I wait for Black Friday then?

Up to €623 now
    Amazon took my money in the last few minutes, sorry for pushing up the price! :D

I'd definitely wait if you can It'll come down again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

xtal191 wrote: »

I'm only interested in the S9+ at the moment. Thanks, though.
    I'd definitely wait if you can It'll come down again

Thanks a lot. I can definitely wait as I was waiting on Black Friday anyway. Will definitely be following this thread further. Thanks a lot guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Darkness

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus on Amazon Germany and I was wondering does anyone know what the Andere Version designation means (andere means "other", which is very non-specific; as opposed to German or Spanish or French versions etc); and does it in any way affect their ability to work here? Because those versions are a good bit cheaper - €40 to €80 on average.

Also, what's the situation with the dual sim phones - I've read conflicting reports that dual sim devices don't have an sd card slot or external memory capability, as the extra sim slot is where the sd card would go; is this true?

Also, has anyone here bought a phone from Komplett or eglobalcentral.eu - and, if so, what are they like for delivery reliability & cost and customer service; should anything go wrong?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

It's a choice of one or the other dual sim or SD card.

• Advertisement

Delighted with my new S9 plus but is anyone having trouble with a poor connection on the USB-C port? Any little bit of movement will cause charging to stop. The micro to C adapter doesn't seem to have the issue, only the metre long cable it came with, but I haven't any other cable to try with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

TheChizler wrote:
    Delighted with my new S9 plus but is anyone having trouble with a poor connection on the USB-C port? Any little bit of movement will cause charging to stop. The micro to C adapter doesn't seem to have the issue, only the metre long cable it came with, but I haven't any other cable to try with.

All fine here...anyone load one ui pie beta ?? Really tempted..

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    It's a choice of one or the other dual sim or SD card.

Where did you hear that? Have you got a link?

Because these people are saying otherwise: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/S9-Dual-Sim-Hybrid-Sim/td-p/423989

and

https://gadgetguideonline.com/s9/how-to-use-micro-sd-card-on-galaxy-s9-and-s9/

So it seems like there's a lot of conflicting information on this subject; please post some more definitive information if you have it as I'd really prefer to know for sure beforehand, if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Basically if you go for the dual sim you can either use 2 sims or 1 sim and a SD card. This phone has 1 slot for both.
    If you get the single sim you can only use 1 sim and a SD card. This phone has separate slots

Basically if you go for the dual sim you can either use 2 sims or 1 sim and a SD card. This phone has 1 slot for both.
    If you get the single sim you can only use 1 sim and a SD card. This phone has separate slots

Yeah, that's what I thought from what I've read; but ANXIOUS above (and various others) have said otherwise - do you know that for certain?
    And, if so, how?

Don't mean to be awkward or to question you; just looking to get definitive info if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Yeah, that's what I thought from what I've read; but ANXIOUS above (and various others) have said otherwise - do you know that for certain?
    And, if so, how?

Don't mean to be awkward or to question you; just looking to get definitive info if I can.

Big P is right, I've a dual SIM s9 and have 2 sims in it and have also tried 1 SIM and a memory card too and that also worked.

Cause it's a hybrid dual SIM / SD card system.
    Being hybrid means the above
    IE
    2 SIMs, no SD
    Or 1 SIM 1 SD
    As it only has 2 slots!

Or you can buy a cheap 3rd party adopter for a few Euro which will enable 2 SIMs plus the SD at the same time. The downside is that this will hang out externally via a thin ribbon cable with your second SIM. You therefore need to use a phone case (any case) which will cover it so it can't be seen.
    Many people use this solution on many different phones to overcome the hybrid system.

Thanks a lot jamesd and biebiebie, that's a great help.

Has anyone bought from eglobalcentral.eu before - https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-g965fd-dual-sim-4g-64gb-with-32gb-micro-sdhc-memory-card-with-sd-adapter-coral-blue.html

This seems like a great deal, almost too good to be true - Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus G965FD Dual Sim 4G 64GB with 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter; for just €619.99 - is there something I'm missing?

This seems like a great deal, almost too good to be true - Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus G965FD Dual Sim 4G 64GB with 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter; for just €619.99 - is there something I'm missing?

Buy from amazon germany...u should get in that price range with 2 years warranty..32 gb sd card is worth a tenner max...

Patww79 wrote: »
    I don't get why they're listing German, French, etc versions. Aren't the unlocked just all EU versions in Samsungs? And what's the 'Other' version?

Did you ever find out what the 'other' versions means?

Anyone know what the difference is?

• Advertisement

Buy from amazon germany...u should get in that price range with 2 years warranty..32 gb sd card is worth a tenner max...

I'm not remotely interested in the sd card there tbh, as 32 gigs is tiny these days; and AFAICT that particular model number was for the Asia - India/Singapore market; so probably not suitable for use here. Also that price is quite a bit better than the majority of phones available on Amazon Ger at the mo, other than the Andere/other versions, which no-one seems able to decipher - but I'd guess are probably the Asian/Chinese market devices.

This one is the best priced of those @ 619.99 for the aforementioned Andere version - https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-Schwarz/dp/B079ZCJMYR

But when you click on the German version designation, the price jumps up to €704.11 (and that's before the Irish VAT rate conversion) and it's also no longer fulfilled by amazon in the delivery; which could be a concern.

I did also come across this on Komplett for €649, which is probably the best current price going.

https://www.komplett.ie/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-64-gb-dual-sim-blue/80050467/product/9485#_

Again though, it's hard to know which market this device number is actually for, as the Product number manufacturer: SM-G965BLUE isn't actually specified anywhere that I can find.

There's a pretty comprehensive list here: https://www.techwalls.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-sm-g960-g965-model-number-differences/ but it doesn't quite correspond to any of them.

Does anyone know whether or not a device for that/those market(s) would actually work here if it turns out to be the case?

I've used Komplett before and they've always been prompt, trustworthy and reliable; but it's rather a large sum of money to waste/lose if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

s9+ in gold with 128gb samsung card for €550 (usiing PM/PW/ADPAL) on amazon.de at the moment - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GQVCX3Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5500 wrote:
    s9+ in gold with 128gb samsung card for €550 (usiing PM/PW/ADPAL) on amazon.de at the moment -

Nice price...its single sim though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

5500 wrote: »
    s9+ in gold with 128gb samsung card for €550 (usiing PM/PW/ADPAL) on amazon.de at the moment - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GQVCX3Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great price. Nice spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

5500 wrote: »

pulled the trigger only 470 for me... well VAT was taken off as buying through a company.. great find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

epopnomis wrote: »
    pulled the trigger only 470 for me... well VAT was taken off as buying through a company.. great find

whats wrong with only having single sim..

If love to go for this just not sure of the colour, will go into a shop tomorrow and see what I think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    If love to go for this just not sure of the colour, will go into a shop tomorrow and see what I think of it.

Hi. They don't have this colour in Ireland. Germany was one of few countries to get this colour. I have it and it is really nice colour.
    Have it will clear spigen case with black band on edge. Looks slick.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B078B8PM95/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Great phone for the money
    https://youtu.be/G7LVgdfCNOw

• Advertisement

Hi. They don't have this colour in Ireland. Germany was one of few countries to get this colour. I have it and it is really nice colour.
    Have it will clear spigen case with black band on edge. Looks slick.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B078B8PM95/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Great phone for the money
    https://youtu.be/G7LVgdfCNOw

Thanks, typically after reading that it's out of stock now :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Looking to pick up a purple S9...is Amazon delivery still the best place to go? Does it matter what version you buy there?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TheManDude

Hi if this is sold by a-montain and sent by Amazon does it seem legit? If issue with the phone do I go back to Amazon or to a-montain.

Cheers

TheManDude wrote:
    Hi if this is sold by a-montain and sent by Amazon does it seem legit? If issue with the phone do I go back to Amazon or to a-montain.

Amazon will sort it out for u..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

TheManDude wrote: »

Cheers

I got one last week from the same seller. Phone is brand new wrapped ect and working great.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Does anybody know if all German version phones are multilingual ? ,especially the likes of honor and huawei.
    Looking at amazon.de for German version of other phones.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I got one last week from the same seller. Phone is brand new wrapped ect and working great.

I presume it came with a European plug?! Did you get the dual SIM version?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Pacifico wrote: »
    I presume it came with a European plug?! Did you get the dual SIM version?

Dual SIM and only a 2 pin plug so will need an adaptor..

It's the German version and you just select English upon booting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

That's why I've a few of these spare in a drawer: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

Attaches "permanently", secured by a screw. Much better that those cumbersome travel adapters like you see at the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

That's why I've a few of these spare in a drawer: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/

Attaches "permanently", secured by a screw. Much better that those cumbersome travel adapters like you see at the airport.

You'll have a "battery over heating" message in no time. If you are going to spring €500+ for a phone, throwing a €1 adapter on the end of it is a bad choice. Genuine chargers are €20 max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

You'll have a "battery over heating" message in no time. If you are going to spring €500+ for a phone, throwing a €1 adapter on the end of it is a bad choice. Genuine chargers are €20 max

Not sure why this would happen. Surely the genuine charger comes with the phone only difference is the 2 pins. These adapters are just like rewiring to 3 pins but much more conveniently no need to cut wires.

• Advertisement
Advertisement