Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fatcheese - O2 Mobile Broadband

• 15-01-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi, I have never used cashback web sites before.
    I would appreciate if anyone could confirm that I am not missing something as it sounds too good to be true.

I want to buy O2 Mobile Broadband = 39E (with 20E free credit) on O2 web site.
    Fatcheese offers 20E cashback: http://www.fatcheese.ie/merchant/?site=O2 Ireland

So I pay only 19E (plus I get 20E free credit). Is it correct? Or 20E is not included if I go through fatcheese?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

You pay the full price on the O2 site but as long as you use Fatcheese to get there, Fatcheese will give you €20 cashback for using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Eoinite wrote: »
    You pay the full price on the O2 site but as long as you use Fatcheese to get there, Fatcheese will give you €20 cashback for using them.

Whats in it for them?

O2 will pay Fatcheese for referring a customer to them and Fatcheese then give this back to the customer.

I did it for Sky a few months ago and got €60 back for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

That is great! So for 19e I'll get Mobile Broadband + 20e credit :) Thank you!

Thanks for posting the offer... with the €20 credit on top it sounds like a "bargain"! Going to look into it as well.

• Advertisement

And 2 free cinema tickets from O2:
    If you join O2 Prepay broadband in January 2011 you could be in for some extra treats. If you use a 30 day pass once a month, then the next month, you'll get 2 free cinema tickets. It's on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

I am also interested in this offer but when I click the "Get Cashback" button on Fatcheese website, it takes me to O2 Free Sim page. Can anyone confirm that this is working with mobile broadband?

It looks like €20 free credit works for the following month after topping up:
    If you join or upgrade O2 Prepay in January you could be in for some extra treats. If you top up by €20 in one go, then the next month, you'll get an extra €20 and 2 free cinema tickets. It's on us.
    You can also get the free cinema tickets if you join O2 Prepay broadband in January.

I didn't buy this yet, but I believe it is ok to take you to free SIM page. There is just one "Get Cashback" button for all the offers, so it can not take you to the exact page.

I think 20e credit next month (text you copied) applies for phones only, not for broadband. With broadband you get "only" 2 cinema tickets next month until June. This 20e (or 1 month free) is included automatically.
    That is how I understood, but I could be wrong.

There are 2 Pre Pay offers:

Huawei E1752 €39 (with 1 month free)
    Huawei E1752c €39 (With €20 credit)

I am not sure what the difference is? Maybe you can activate 20e when you want?

sandra_b wrote: »
    There are 2 Pre Pay offers:

Huawei E1752 €39 (with 1 month free)
    Huawei E1752c €39 (With €20 credit)

I am not sure what the difference is? Maybe you can activate 20e when you want?

My assumption would be that with the 1 month free you can use the internet for as much as you like for one month only but with the €20 credit version there's no time limit to use the credit. That's how I'm reading it so I'd probably go for the €20 credit option unless someone reads it differently?

Advertisement