Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Deals to be had on NEW Dell Studio XPS laptops on eBay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'd also recommend the seller Bufopan
    Fantastic service, and I'll definitely use them again if I ever decide to go for another Dell laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

As a rough guide what savings are we looking at here?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

This is more for people looking for high-end gaming machines with I'm guessing at least 100 quid savings on most machines on offer from Dell.ie

Thanks Funfair!

My next dell will be bought via our uk company which should work out a bit cheaper than via the irish company.

What are the battery times like with the xps laptops with a 15 inch screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

• Advertisement

That looks very good and it appears from their feedback page they've done even better deals as in £799.99 for same spec except for 2gb graphics card!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

people people... the gigs on the graphics cards.. they do nothing

Its the quality of the card thats important.. always check online reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chickalacka

The Guvnor wrote: »
    As a rough guide what savings are we looking at here?

Thanks!

None. The studio XPS 17 is €975 plus €35.64 delivery. same machine from Dell is €999 delivered.

None. The studio XPS 17 is €975 plus €35.64 delivery. same machine from Dell is €999 delivered.

Read his feedback everyone happy with there Bargain including myself..

Maybe he's getting cocky and charging more or Dell is droping the prices as this topic is 2 weeks old

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chickalacka

Funfair wrote: »
    Read his feedback everyone happy with there Bargain including myself..

Maybe he's getting cocky and charging more or Dell is droping the prices as this topic is 2 weeks old

Couple of points.
    1.Feedback only means he's reliable.
    2. Nothing worse than thinking you've got a bargain and then finding you've paid over the odds.
    3. Suspicion that this is in fact Dell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I bought a Dell xps 1210 from that seller about 4 years ago. It was brilliant value at the time, saved nearly 400euro. Looking at it the prices now though they don't seem to be as good.

Couple of points.
    1.Feedback only means he's reliable.
    2. Nothing worse than thinking you've got a bargain and then finding you've paid over the odds.
    3. Suspicion that this is in fact Dell.

1.Feedback is exactly what it says Feedback about the transaction which includes people adding that they got a bargain

2. The laptop I bought is still around €70 cheaper then Dell.ie was €100 when I bought it

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Dell-Studio-XPS-15-Laptop-2-93-i7-4GB-500-2GB-NVIDIA-/290521020814?pt=UK_Computing_Laptops_EH&hash=item43a466f98e

So not getting a bargain doesen't effect me but if you come back in a months time I'm sure it will be a lower price... such is life...

3. He's selling brand new machines direct from Dell so maybe it is a type of Dell outlet.. even though he says he's a Dell Authorised seller who knows/cares as long as you receive your goods ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

Not sure if this is applicable in this thread but there are people on ebay who by stuff off the genuine Dell ebay outlet and sell them on at a mark up.

I got my current XPS of the Dell ebay outlet a few years back and one ebayer was buying up most of the stuff and then selling it for more on his own ebay.

That was when Dell was in Ireland though.

My Dell = XPS 710 and was got from here on bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

RTE News wrote: »
    Not sure if this is applicable in this thread but there are people on ebay who by stuff off the genuine Dell ebay outlet and sell them on at a mark up.

I got my current XPS of the Dell ebay outlet a few years back and one ebayer was buying up most of the stuff and then selling it for more on his own ebay.

That was when Dell was in Ireland though.

My Dell = XPS 710 and was got from here on bargain alerts.

That was back when Dell had an their outlet computers on ebay. They were hilariously under-priced. They'd stick a load of them on at the same time so demand wasn't enough to bring the prices up to normal levels. I'm using one to type this.

Advertisement