Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery

Options
  • 22-05-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

I want to get my girlfriend a voucher for a jewellery shop in Dublin. It is our first anniversary so can anyone recommend a good shop? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

A voucher? Surely it would be more special to her if you where to pick something out yourself?

Vouchers can sometimes come across as lazy presents LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Well i was going to do that but i was told by quite a few people that girls like to pick jewellery for themselves???????????

I have got her some other presents too though, so im not completely lazy:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Maybe if you tried the Dublin forum , this is ah contrary to popular belief not everyone here is from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

meldrew wrote:
    Maybe if you tried the Dublin forum , this is ah contrary to popular belief not everyone here is from Dublin

Ah yes, we mustn't forget the population of Lala Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I would say a voucher is a big no-no.
    It just says "I couldn't be bothered"
    If you really want her to pick it herself, buy her something you think is nice and say you really don't mind if she exchanges it, in fact you'd love to go in with her and help her pick something she really loves..
    But a voucher, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I don't think a voucher is that bad - Some people can be very picky about what jewellry they wear. If you do get a voucher then get it for somewhere really nice like Paul Sheerans off grafton street (not the one in dundrum sc) or there's a lovely jewellers in ballsbridge called Bridge Jewellers - she can even have something specially made there. Brown Thomas gift card might be a good idea. They have a lovely jewellry department and the BT card anywhere else in the shop too. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I wouldn't appreciate getting a voucher tbh. I'd much prefer to be taken shopping. Or else get her sister or friend to help you choose something. ;)

Also, afaik, the jewellery in Brown Thomas is mostly fashion jewellery, as opposed to proper metals, like silver or gold, so it might not be very special for an anniversary present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Voucher always a bad plan avoid like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I definitely would appreciate vouchers as I'm very fussy and probably wouldn't like something someone got me anyway! And with the voucher I can get whatever the flock I like! Fields have some nice stuff btw

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

moved.

try micheal perry in the powerscourt centre. bought my wife a diamond necklace in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just have a look at the type of jewellery she usually wears to get an idea what to get. Ask her friends,sisters for their opinion. (White Gold and diamonds would do it for me! :) )

I wouldn't be too sure where's the best place to buy but there's quite a few jewellers around the Grafton Street area. If you do find something you like, get a 2nd or 3rd opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i wouldnt mind a voucher at all!!id rather that than have to pretend you like what they got you if you didnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I'm a very picky shopper so I think vouchers are wonderful presents. I love them.

Shopping together is also a nice idea. It'll also help you with making similar purchases for her in the future as when you are shopping you can get a feel for her taste.

A.

Larianne wrote:
    (White Gold and diamonds would do it for me! :) ).

try michael perry then. thats exactly what my wife got :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

try michael perry then. thats exactly what my wife got :)

Lovely, lucky Mrs WWM! You've got taste! :D

My parents bought me white gold diamond earrings at Christmas, and I was so touched by their generosity. :)

actually, she saw it there because thats where we got her engagement ring made, and i got my wedding ring made.

i told her i was going to buy it for her, and then rang up and bought it.
    i told her it had sold, and when she woke up on our wedding day, it waiting for her on the pillow beside her.

i made my wife cry on our wedding day :(

Advertisement