25-07-2012, 21:19   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtyturd View Post
Just finished Marvels, one of the most enjoyable issues in the series so far especially storywise and the notes just showed how much research and effort Busiek put into it. On the art side of things I can appreciate Ross' style from a technical standpoint but his style just doesn't grab me and a lot of the costumes just look terrible.
I truly love it, big fan of his style ( i keep buying his variant covers for The Shadow)

Back to marvel, this week is Avengers Disassembled

Advertisement
25-07-2012, 21:27   #122
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcarlow View Post
I truly love it, big fan of his style ( i keep buying his variant covers for The Shadow)

Back to marvel, this week is Avengers Disassembled

Like I said I can appreciate it and admire the effort he puts in, some of his Earth X stuff looks amazing but some of it just looks bad, in particular his Spider-man, also a lot of the times I have seen Batman Ross' rendition of the costume seems to have him looking over weight, kinda reminds me of the guys dressed up as Batman in the beginning of The Dark Knight.

In saying that it a quick look at the drawing of She-Hulk opposite the editors comment this week in Avenger Disassembled and I would gladly take some Ross art in it's place.
26-07-2012, 23:16   #123

My word was i disappointed with Avengers Disassembled, Finch made some terrible composition choices
03-08-2012, 20:34   #124
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcarlow View Post
My word was i disappointed with Avengers Disassembled, Finch made some terrible composition choices
Likewise, why can't he draw noses properly? Every member of the Avengers look like they have had theirs broken on numerous occasions, which is extremely likely but it just looks ridiculous.

The story was terrible too, some sh*t happens over the course of 3 and a half issues, Doctor Strange shows up to explain what is going on over the course of three pages, the whole conflict is sorted over the course of three pages.
03-08-2012, 21:40   #125

Quote:
Likewise, why can't he draw noses properly? Every member of the Avengers look like they have had theirs broken on numerous occasions, which is extremely likely but it just looks ridiculous.

The story was terrible too, some sh*t happens over the course of 3 and a half issues, Doctor Strange shows up to explain what is going on over the course of three pages, the whole conflict is sorted over the course of three pages.
and as much as i love Doctor Strange, he wasnt utilized properly in this
Advertisement
04-08-2012, 16:58   #126
brianregan09

meanwhile back in subscriber land I just finished X men Gifted...Really fun little book feels like its not over though, also struggled to finish Captain Britain, !st comic i ever considered not finishing a pile of ****e so twas
Thanks from:
04-08-2012, 22:04   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianregan09 View Post
meanwhile back in subscriber land I just finished X men Gifted...Really fun little book feels like its not over though, also struggled to finish Captain Britain, !st comic i ever considered not finishing a pile of ****e so twas
Hello Brian
Thanks from:
05-08-2012, 23:12   #128
statomosh

Quote:

there is a second volume of astonishing x-men to come to complete that story line.it also took me weeks to finish captain britain,many a time i felt like just throwing it on the shelf and forgetting about it.i think some of the excalibur stories down through the years would have been better.
(2) thanks from:
06-08-2012, 12:26   #129
Pariah

Any subscribers have there deliveries on a regular basis?
Advertisement
08-08-2012, 17:38   #130
brianregan09

mine are fairly on time now but at the start it was all over the shop
Thanks from:
10-08-2012, 11:57   #131

Really enjoyed Morrison's New Xmen this week, a vast improvment on having read Avengers Disassembled
10-08-2012, 19:21   #132
brianregan09

Bout 2/3rds through Avengers Forever part 1 and although it seems a bit silly , I find myself really enjoying it so far ...Kravens last Hunt to read then looking forward to that one have heard great things bout it
10-08-2012, 21:28   #133
Pariah

Quote:
mine are fairly on time now but at the start it was all over the shop
Mine still dont seem to be regular at all
11-08-2012, 13:01   #134
Turtyturd

New X-Men: The first issue of this book was actually the one which made me give up buying X-men for a few years afterwards, granted Claremont had done a lot damage to the series prior to this with some really bad stories but Morrison with his sh*t really turned me off the book, I hated it. I hated the new uniforms, I hated the fact that most of the mutants hanging around the school now looked like outcasts from The Morlocks, I hated the fact that storylines were now tied up in four to six issues so they could be sold as trades...I liked long developing storylines like who was the 3rd summers brother? Who was the X-traitor? Who was Bastion really?, I hated the fact that the covers of the X-men went from action shots of something that happened, but not quite in the same way inside the comic to pictures of single characters (bar the Emma Frost one).

And 11 years on...............................

I still hate it. The story is standard Morrison stuff, bits of weirdness, convoluted dialogue in places, it just appears that Morrison is writing to entertain himself, which is all well and good in stuff like the Invisibles and his other creator owned work, but X-men has a solid fan base which should be put before self indulgence. All it's missing is Morrison inserting himself into the storyline, although arguments could be made about both Cassandra Nova or Xavier.

On the plus side it's better than Final Crisis, and Quitley's artwork has something about it, I like it and always have but can't quite figure out why, It looks very static but is captivating.
11-08-2012, 19:32   #135
MarkHall

Quote:
New X-Men: The first issue of this book was actually the one which made me give up buying X-men for a few years afterwards
I'll give you it was slow to start. But I really enjoyed the New X-men run. It was better than the stories being told in uncanny at the time.

Shame you gave up after 1 issue. As it was pretty solid stuff. The only issue I have with it is that they made Xorn an actually character after it Rather than just something MAGs made up to infiltrate the school.

Quietly was on top form for it. I loved his Sentinels and The Imperial guard arc had some great scenes.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion