Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Tango One wrote: »
    Can you unstake at any time whelo?

I think you can but for a heafty penalty fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Tango One wrote: »
    Can you unstake at any time whelo?

Technically yes, but as Grumpypants said there are big penalties.

Some people staked on day 1 and ended their stake on day one and forfeited 100% of their stake!

The forfeit works on a percentage basis I guess. If you stake for 300 days and end the stake after 150 you forfeit 50%. I am not 100% sure if that is exactly how it works as I don't intend on ending any stakes early.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Technically yes, but as Grumpypants said there are big penalties.

Some people staked on day 1 and ended their stake on day one and forfeited 100% of their stake!

The forfeit works on a percentage basis I guess. If you stake for 300 days and end the stake after 150 you forfeit 50%. I am not 100% sure if that is exactly how it works as I don't intend on ending any stakes early.

If there is an insane bull run people might be tempted, that's because the value can fall a significant amount after (e.g. -95% in 2018)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I staked for 14 days just to see how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Fees are crazy to stake, was quoted 12$

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    Fees are crazy to stake, was quoted 12$

I was charged $3 this morning,

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I'm trying to stake now, trying to charge me $175 for the slowest processing time. Ph**k that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Pdoghue wrote: »
    I'm trying to stake now, trying to charge me $175 for the slowest processing time. Ph**k that.

Nah there's something up with that, that isn't correct

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Pdoghue wrote: »

from the axion telegram group a few days ago.

"Many announcements to come out today and over the weekend, but just a quick one regarding the MetaMask error in which it showcases a gas fee in the hundred(s) of dollars- of which some people are receiving error messages for.

That's not a normal transaction cost, and you shouldn't try to process it.

Several users are reporting this MetaMask issue being fixed from basic troubleshooting tips: clearing your cache, re-loading your browser, and re-logging into MetaMask.

Trying again at a later time is helpful, too. There is still over 13 hours in the day to make your transactions. Time left for the day can be found in the Auction portal."

It is a bit much. Pay to move ETH to wallet. Pay to buy HEX2T, pay to burn it, pay to receive Axn. They screw up.
    Pay to burn Hex3t, pay to get AXN again.

Pay to stake. If you want to stake for 1,2,3,4,5 years that is 5 separate payments.

I'll be broke by the time it invests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

That's madness

It is a bit much. Pay to move ETH to wallet. Pay to buy HEX2T, pay to burn it, pay to receive Axn. They screw up.
    Pay to burn Hex3t, pay to get AXN again.

Pay to stake. If you want to stake for 1,2,3,4,5 years that is 5 separate payments.

I'll be broke by the time it invests.

That's not Axions fault, that's how the ETH network works. You have to pay gas making any trades, swaps, moving between wallets etc.

Gas prices on Uniswap have been mad at times over the last few weeks. Each of my stakes cost me a minimum of $9 each the other day. In saying that, my interest has earned me $17 dollars already (3 days) at current AXN price.

A nice little stats website on Axion here to keep track of any change in growth. Some amount of staking taking place so far.

https://axionstats.info

Here's a nice overview on Axion from just before the initial failed launch to now, and everything that took place in between. It's a nice little read.

https://techloot.co.uk/axion-strong-relaunch/

Axion getting ready for Fridays big auction hopefully.

Up 33% on the last 24 hours

https://www.dextools.io/app/uniswap/pair-explorer/0x0d0f908ad29bd8a9f8d99533e3ad69e2e40f3094

Axion getting ready for Fridays big auction hopefully.

Up 33% on the last 24 hours

https://www.dextools.io/app/uniswap/pair-explorer/0x0d0f908ad29bd8a9f8d99533e3ad69e2e40f3094

72% now, and we are still around another 25% away from the ATH in presale.

Fingers crossed that Friday sees a mega pump.

keeps going up and up, itching to sell

keeps going up and up, itching to sell

You should be staking. Even short term across these first few big weekly auctions. There will be some nice interest to earn.

Alternatively you could risk selling during Fridays big auction and bet on the price dropping off over Saturday to Wednesday before the next weekly auction. It's a risk. Plenty of ways to play this, but for me I'm staking everything. I have 60% on long term stakes and 40% on a short term 12 day stake.

.0005 now. 102% up in 24 hours. I really hope some of you got in on this. Mad to think it briefly dropped to .00015 immediately after the mainnet launched 6 days ago.

This still has A LONG way to run. I conservatively see .005 in the first half of 2021, with .01 not being out of the question.

You should be staking. Even short term across these first few big weekly auctions. There will be some nice interest to earn.

Alternatively you could risk selling during Fridays big auction and bet on the price dropping off over Saturday to Wednesday before the next weekly auction. It's a risk. Plenty of ways to play this, but for me I'm staking everything. I have 60% on long term stakes and 40% on a short term 12 day stake.
    Raging I didn't sell. Was at. 00042when I post then it dropped to. 00035. Would of made a lot more than staking it.
    I'll flip it later if it really pops

• Advertisement

It's up to 0.000529 still flying

At what time do they use eth to buy back? Bit confused by that part

At what time do they use eth to buy back? Bit confused by that part

It's automatically bought by the smart contract the moment someone commits ETH to the auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

It's automatically bought by the smart contract the moment someone commits ETH to the auction.

when will the hex that was converted to axion be unlocked. Will there not be a massive sell off then if the price is high?

X5 my stack now. If I wasn't in work I'd sell. Hope it holds till I get home. People should take profit with this at this price, in my experience it always retraces no matter what it is

dougal0691 wrote: »
    when will the hex that was converted to axion be unlocked. Will there not be a massive sell off then if the price is high?

HEX freeclaims are automatically staked for 12 months. There will be no big sell off there.

X5 my stack now. If I wasn't in work I'd sell. Hope it holds till I get home. People should take profit with this at this price, in my experience it always retraces no matter what it is

Definitely sell if you are happy with what you have made, BUT the first weekly auction happens tomorrow.

There is over 14Bn Axion in the auction and 80% of all ETH used in the auction instantly purchases AXN from Uniswap. There should be HUGE buy pressure tomorrow. We could be looking at anywhere from a x2 to x5 depending on how many take part in the auction. It's the first one, so who knows how it will go.

Definitely sell if you are happy with what you have made, BUT the first weekly auction happens tomorrow.

There is over 14Bn Axion in the auction and 80% of all ETH used in the auction instantly purchases AXN from Uniswap. There should be HUGE buy pressure tomorrow. We could be looking at anywhere from a x2 to x5 depending on how many take part in the auction. It's the first one, so who knows how it will go.
    It's all great but I'll take it with a pinch of salt. Not left bag holding like 2017 again. Raiblocks went up crazy as well and look at it now, had the same with ant shares, x150 and now look at it. Always be sniping at profits. I'd rather lock in profits going forward than wishing for moon.

I've 1/3 in for a year, 1/3 for a month and 1/3 ready to sell. If it does go up I might try recoup the initial investment then hold the rest.

• Advertisement

I've 1/3 in for a year, 1/3 for a month and 1/3 ready to sell. If it does go up I might try recoup the initial investment then hold the rest.

Ive staked 25m for 12 days to cover across the first two auctions and see what type of returns I get out of that. The rest of my holdings are across 1-3 year stakes and one stake of 2.5m over the maximum 5555 days as a long shot gamble for a retirement fund :D

Advertisement