Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trades working on site Covid-19

Options
  • 19-01-2021 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I'm looking to a apprenticeship but I'm not sure if I should wait to out until things get back to normal with how everything is with covid-19. I'm on
    Immunosuppressants from a transplant.
    I'm nearly 30 so I would like to start as soon as possible but still worried about Covid 19

Part of me is thinking to start and the other is thinking just wait it out but who knows how long that would be.
    I'm working from home in my current role.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I'd wait until the vaccine has been rolled out to tbh. A few more months isn't going to matter too much at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

Tim76 wrote: »
    I'd wait until the vaccine has been rolled out to tbh. A few more months isn't going to matter too much at this stage.

Could be another year aswell, would it not be harder to get into a apprenticeship the older you are? Dont understand how they can keep sites open with so many people working on top of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you actually been offered a specific apprenticeship? It's hard to see how any employer could justify having an immunosuppressed person in any type of workplace at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Luke774

Have you actually been offered a specific apprenticeship? It's hard to see how any employer could justify having an immunosuppressed person in any type of workplace at the moment.

No just applying for a few and waiting to do my safe pass training. I'm just thinking how long should I wait to start I am 30 soon I know I'm still young but thinking the sooner I start the better .

Advertisement