Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONT Missing from house

Options
  • 18-01-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with this!

I have recently bought a new house in Donegal. I have a fibre line into the house but its not connected to anything, i.e the ONT is missing. Anyways after nearly two months of trying to get broadband with Sky they have now told me I need to get a ONT so they can do some tests on the line before they will even send an engineer out.

My questions is this:
    Can I buy any ONT or does it have to be specific, or do I need to contact whoever put the fibre in to get one? If so, who do I contact?
    If anyone will do, any suggestions or links would be great.

I am literally at my wits end after literally hours on the phone to sky over the past months and my wife needs broadband as she is working from home and hot spotting off the phone!

i really appreciate your help in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with this!

I have recently bought a new house in Donegal. I have a fibre line into the house but its not connected to anything, i.e the ONT is missing. Anyways after nearly two months of trying to get broadband with Sky they have now told me I need to get a ONT so they can do some tests on the line before they will even send an engineer out.

My questions is this:
    Can I buy any ONT or does it have to be specific, or do I need to contact whoever put the fibre in to get one? If so, who do I contact?
    If anyone will do, any suggestions or links would be great.

I am literally at my wits end after literally hours on the phone to sky over the past months and my wife needs broadband as she is working from home and hot spotting off the phone!

i really appreciate your help in advance!!
    Try contact eir - not **** just being sarcastic as usual crap from
    so called service providers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sky have always been a bit moronic in Ireland. Use another line operator. Theyll probably do a transfer of services then when thats done have to log a fault. Only the OpenEir techs can provision you a new ONT.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I have recently bought a new house in Donegal. I have a fibre line into the house but its not connected to anything, i.e the ONT is missing. Anyways after nearly two months of trying to get broadband with Sky they have now told me I need to get a ONT so they can do some tests on the line before they will even send an engineer out. !

Have you tried any other provider?

Check availability here -

https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/checkyourline/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 outtadrally

ED E wrote: »
    Sky have always been a bit moronic in Ireland. Use another line operator. Theyll probably do a transfer of services then when thats done have to log a fault. Only the OpenEir techs can provision you a new ONT.

Hi, thanks everyone for the replies. So this means I cant just buy one myself to speed up the process?

Not sure I can change providers now, as Sky has installed they tv end and they have dragged it out so long I’m out of my 14 day walk away period. Although considering they never provided the service I signed up to I think I would be entitled to walk away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anything you buy would be a "rogue" and locked out by the OLT. So no.

Sounds like they want to run a line test and have it fail in order to roll a van. Computer says no mindset. Get on the blower and be forceful. Not rude, but take no B/S. They should be able to get a tech within 3-4 days.

Advertisement