Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Around 28 years ago My folks went on holiday so i got a few close friends together and had a few beers in the house, it was great and the next day my friends went home so I cleaned up and went to sleep. When my folks came back all was normal and then later that evening my mother said that all her jewelry/old gold and silver rings were missing, my first thought was some-one stole them but I knew my friends wouldn't steal them. My mother was very depressed about them missing for a few days and I was thinking that maybe some-one did steal them but I never questioned my friends about it.

The following day I came home and my mother was in her bedroom and I sat down in the sitting room alone and it was very quiet, too quiet which was a bit strange and I heard this ticking noise, I could hear it clearly but fobbed it off but the ticking noise got a bit louder and I was thinking that it might be a tick insect as I heard that they make a noise like this. I called my mother in and asked her could she hear the noise but she said no. The noise continued and I got up and walked around to find out where it was coming from and I went to the box-room which holds a lot of old stuff that was stored there and when I entered the room I could hear the ticking noise a bit louder so I tracked it to a box of which held a very old typewriter, the ticking sound was louder from this box so I opened it and then opened the typewriter case and then I noticed around 16 gold and silver rings my mother was looking for, the ticking noise stopped then.

To me It actually sounded like one of the typewriter buttons was being pressed inside the box trying to get my attention, that was exactly what it did sound like when i pressed the keys. My granny (my mothers mother) died a few weeks before this and I have a strange feeling she might have been guiding me to the location of those rings. I still find it a strange one even today. It was just like something or some-one was trying to lead me to that box. My mother said she would never have put them in that old typewriter case as it was very old and not used for decades as it was put in storage a long time ago.

Not a dramatic ghost story but this happened and it was a strange one for me. Those keys on the typewriter need a bit of force to press down so I don't know but that is where the ticking noise was coming from.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

+ 1 for Pincher Martin, it's a great book. And strangely a little similar to the situation you found yourself in!
    There was also a punk band in Dublin in the mid 90's or so called Pincher Martin.

Yes that occurred to me at the time! Thankfully it had a better ending for me. It seemed like deja vu …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭cml387

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yes that occurred to me at the time! Thankfully it had a better ending for me. It seemed like deja vu …

I bet you're an M.R. James fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Finitolight

When I was much younger, around 12, I received a dream catcher as a gift.

I don’t usually remember my dreams and can count on one hand the nightmares that I’ve had—at least the ones I remember.

Every single night I had that dream catcher hung in my room I had vivid, life-like dreams where I felt a primal fear for my life. A flight of fancy? Childish imagination? I don’t know, perhaps a misattribution.

I remember the worst clearly. I knew that I was dreaming (lucid dream), however, I couldn’t control the dream as is typical of such an experience. I was terrified and certain that the floor beneath me was incorporeal. I knew that stepping from my bed in the dream would result in me dying.

Next morning, I threw the dream catcher in the bin and the nightmares stopped.

Looking back, I think it must have been a very vivid and convincing episode of sleep paralysis triggered by some fear I had of dream catchers established by something I picked up unconsciously from a movie or something someone said. Who knows though? The mind is a mysterious thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Munstergirl854

I work from home and would wake most mornings at 6/7...I would usually drift back to sleep for an hour and wake around 8...one morning this week I slept in and woke around 8:20am to the vivid sound of someone knocking on the front door.I knew there was no one at the door though and it was something I had heard in the dream...thought noyhing of it.
    2 days later I had an online reading with a psychic medium who told me 2 deceased family members are watching over me and I'll know they're there when "I hear the knock on the door".

I'd like to think they were getting my lazy self out of the leaba that morning;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭raven41

Walking home from a friends house in the early 80s as a teenager late at night taking a shortcut through some estates. Pitch dark out, next thing the sky lights up for a split second bright as day. Being brought up during the cold war and a lot of talk on tv about nuclear weapons, my first thought was a bomb had been dropped.
    Must have set a new pb for the mile or so run home expecting to find the street demolished, up in flames. Later someone told me it was the airport (about 4 miles away) turning on flood lights or some such but I didnt buy that one. Never got to the bottom of it...

raven41 wrote: »
    Walking home from a friends house in the early 80s as a teenager late at night taking a shortcut through some estates. Pitch dark out, next thing the sky lights up for a split second bright as day. Being brought up during the cold war and a lot of talk on tv about nuclear weapons, my first thought was a bomb had been dropped.
    Must have set a new pb for the mile or so run home expecting to find the street demolished, up in flames. Later someone told me it was the airport (about 4 miles away) turning on flood lights or some such but I didnt buy that one. Never got to the bottom of it...

The main east-west runway currently in use was being constructed about that time, with work taking place at night under floodlight. The first time I took off from that runway I was at the controls of a small aircraft during a training flight, in early 80s. The lighting would have been switched off for any flights landing on north-west/south/east runway which was then in use so there would have been an on-off nature to the lighting that might have taken you by surprise. The lighting effect would have been particularly spectacularly reflected during low thick cloud cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Footage of night tests.

Beautiful and very chilling at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRS7U0emns

Footage of high altitude night tests.

Beautiful and very chilling at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRS7U0emns

Anyone see those photos of the 'Ghost' in New Ross? Does look like a person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭oceanman

saabsaab wrote: »
    Anyone see those photos of the 'Ghost' in New Ross? Does look like a person.
    which photos are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

oceanman wrote: »
    which photos are they?

Must be this? https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40215686.html

I'd wonder whether it was discoloured stone on the wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭oceanman

Alqua wrote: »

think that woman needs to go to specsavers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Alqua wrote: »

She should go back and take some more photos from the exact same spot. If it is something on the wall it should show up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Had another dream of my mam the other night. She rang and explained why she had to go.

Its her anniversary today,21 years gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

She should go back and take some more photos from the exact same spot. If it is something on the wall it should show up again.

Yea but then she won’t get all the likes on Twitter if it’s not real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One night in late February a few years ago I dozed off on the sofa at about 00:30
    At about 1:30 I was a woken by a faint knock on the front door.
    I went to the door and there was nobody there. We've a drive way with gates and they are noisy and it's the countryside and I did hear any cars either.
    I left it go and said it was my imagination.
    My mother was talking to her friend a few nights later. His mother had only passed away and she'd have been friends with my mother also.
    He also had the same dilemma. A very faint knock at the door at about the same time in the countryside.

One night in late February a few years ago I dozed off on the sofa at about 00:30
    At about 1:30 I was a woken by a faint knock on the front door.
    I went to the door and there was nobody there. We've a drive way with gates and they are noisy and it's the countryside and I did hear any cars either.
    I left it go and said it was my imagination.
    My mother was talking to her friend a few nights later. His mother had only passed away and she'd have been friends with my mother also.
    He also had the same dilemma. A very faint knock at the door at about the same time in the countryside.

The knock on the door or window at night. Often heard it said by the old people that it meant a death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

saabsaab wrote: »
    The knock on the door or window at night. Often heard it said by the old people that it meant a death.

In this house it means the bloody cat wants to come in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

In this house it means the bloody cat wants to come in....

Same here. Our cat has learned to sit in front of the ring doorbell so we will go let him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Same here. Our cat has learned to sit in front of the ring doorbell so we will go let him in.

Wait.. your cat actually can ring the door bell?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Good thing it has nine lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The father used to blame me for letting the dog in from another room , till one night he was sitting quietly only for the dog to open the door, walk in and then close it behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Well it is Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you thread?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Has anyone seen the Netflix documentary about mediums and the afterlife? Would definitely make you curious as many people on the documentary seemed to get such peace and relief from visiting them. Has anyone had any experiences with mediums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Must have read at least 100 pages of this and has reminded me of some things id completely forgotten!

When i lived in the family home. i used to see a figure in my room frequently standing in the room near the door across from my bed watching/looking at me. It used to creep me out to no end. I used rarely get a good nights sleep when i lived there!

I would half awaken with a feeling like i was being watched then fully awake to see this figure and with enormous fear i would panic to turn on the bedside light only for there to be no one there sometimes i would turn off the light for the figure to reappear which would lead me to leave the light on for the rest of the night or else I wouldn't be able to sleep.

I would leave the door ajar for light but my parents would often close the door if they thought i was asleep, also i would leave bedside lamp on all night or tv on with no volume all night. To be told in the morning i had done so, dont think my parents understood what was happening. Some very rare occasions i would shout my head off at the figure "what do you want" or "why are you watching me"

This went on until i moved out of the family home at 18 and came to a complete stop until a few years later when i moved back in for a year. It kicked off again but I wasn't as afraid of it if that makes sense mostly tried to ignore it but would still creep the sh*t out of me.

Too add insult to injury I would often hear what sounded like people walking around the sitting room and sounds of stuff being moved around well after everyone had gone to bed. I would go up to check it was that noisy to find nobody up there and the house to be dead silent.

I would go back to bed only for to hear the noises again but feeling worse knowing nobody was up in the house we lived in a small bungalow in the countryside all the bedrooms were at one end and sitting room kitchen ect at the other so if someone got up and left there bedrooms you would hear them.

Anyway after a year the family home was sold and i moved in to a new place and the figure stopped appearing once i left the family home, so one night a few years later, i was staying one of my siblings houses for the night and we were talking about living at home just general reminiscing as the house was sold and we were talking about a weird thing that happened to another sibling.

When my sister proceeded to tell me that a figure used to appear in her room also watching her I actually couldn't believe it i was stunned, she would turn on a bedside light to see no one was there. she moved out to go to college at about 18/19 she is ten years older than me and never really returned home much after usually opting to stay at her digs or at her boyfriends parents. She said it stopped appearing when she left home.

We haven't spoken about it since and i never asked my other siblings if they had a similar experience i had forgotten about it completely as its been years since i was at home and its the only place it happened to either of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im partially deaf,and im up hours cause i cant sleep.just happened to look over where the door is.

And i nearly died.
    My oh standing there with a mask on. Fecker.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

I split up from my husband about 6 months ago because of his drink problem but im still constantly worried about him because its that bad, so is his best friend. About a week ago I had a horrible dream that he had a fall and I walked in and his best friend was crying on the phone to the ambulance and told me they said he wouldn't make it. It was that realistic I checked my phone when I woke up, it was 1.30, I half thought I would get a call the next day to say he had died at 1.30am.
    Anyway thank god I didn't get that call, but I was talking to his best friend yesterday. He had the same dream last week, also woke up from it at 1.30 but it was me telling him in the dream my husband was dying.
    Were just not sure was it the same night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

tell the husband he might give up the drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

fryup wrote: »
    tell the husband he might give up the drink

I dunno I suspect he has been told that once or twice before. Just a hunch,

• Advertisement

I dunno I suspect he has been told that once or twice before. Just a hunch,

I'm sure he has but you never know what can make someone take notice. Story about an alcoholic who didn't listen to family or his doctors but one morning he was sick in the street and a little girl passing by asked her Daddy what was wrong with him. Her father pulled her away and said something along the lines of he's a drunk and not to take any notice of him. Stopped from then on..

I know this man who had an interview for a job some years ago.
    It started off regular enough background experience etc etc.
    Then one of the panel asked about the applicants unusual surname.
    Asked was he related to a man with the same surname he went to college with some thirty years ago?
    Turns out that the man asked about was the applicants Uncle. He said he stayed in a house with his Uncle at the time but remembered he had an accident and was knocked out cold for a few minutes and had them worried. He went on to ask how his Uncle was getting on as he hadn’t seen him since graduating.
    The applicant was shocked as his Uncle had died soon after graduating in an unusual way and told the panel that the family didn’t know about the accident. It seemed likely that this accident led to his death.
    Coincidence? Or something else at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It has a sensor and a camera and he has learned that if he sits on the window sill just under it, it will set off thr door bell alert in our phones and we will go and let him him!!

It has a sensor and a camera and he has learned that if he sits on the window sill just under it, it will set off thr door bell alert in our phones and we will go and let him him!!

My girl can get her paw in to open the cupboard doors.
    One day I witnessed her get in the cupboard and the door shut behind her :eek:
    Anyway, I'm going off topic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

I have seen a few ghosts/spirits no biggy wasn't scary I'm a bit psychic.

Came home from work mid summer 5 years ago, about 4:30 pm, was at the sink and had this very very bad feeling of fear and dread come over me, I was aware of a presence about 8 foot behind me. I could barely turn around, when I did I saw a 10 foot black humanoid shape figure, shoulders about 4ft.
    I felt this things was extremely powerful and really really fckin hated me, I couldn't think I couldn't open my mouth to say a prayer I felt like a new born baby compared to this thing. I'm 6.3 and I box.

That was the scariest things ever happened to me.
    I was in prison when I was younger, (scared the sh*t out of me heading to the joy in a van) "traffic violations"

Was in a life threatening motorbike accident, wheelchair for a while, scary, But none of these had a patch on the fear I felt from "whatever" it was thing.

Mad but a true story.

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Steve012 wrote: »
    I have seen a few ghosts/spirits no biggy wasn't scary I'm a bit psychic.

Go on, tell us some more? In a bit of detail if you could. I'm interested. More detail the better, a lengthy post please :)
    I saw a 10 foot black humanoid shape figure, shoulders about 4ft. I felt this things was extremely powerful and really really fckin hated me

And with this, can you expand a bit? Have you any idea what it could have been, or why it appeared, or why you saw it, or why it hated you. And, how do you experience something like that and not just fall down dead with fright. I mean, did you go back to washing the dishes or did you fall into a heap for a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

driving through rural meath one day i saw a man in a field sitting on a dead horse, so i stopped the car and took a photo and he just smiled at me and gave a peace sign....bizarre

driving through rural meath one day i saw a man in a field sitting on a dead horse, so i stopped the car and took a photo and he just smiled at me and gave a peace sign....bizarre

That's just too weird.

Go on, tell us some more? In a bit of detail if you could. I'm interested. More detail the better, a lengthy post please :)

The spirits I've seen over the years, 1, little butterfly shaped white spirits that you can tell when they are in the room they don't move in this density (dimension) These are beautiful spirits, I saw one late last year with multi coloured (looked like little jewels on it's back), Lovely feelings of great happiness and peace when I see them.
    2' Funnel spirits, these are humans, I saw my father beside my Mams right shoulder 3 times, each time was during the day, about 3.5ft high 1 ft wide. last time was last summer.

3, Orbs I believe these are animal spirits see them a lot, size
    of tennis balls with my naked eye, (they ain't dust particles)

4, Jinn black blobs that move along the skirting board or where the wall meets the ceiling, they are formless bar the black blobs that they appear to be. They leave immediately once I tell them to get out of the house.

I have no idea what the very large black entity was tbh, Yes I ended up on my knee's slid down the counter to the floor lol.

And I have no idea why it was there or why it was interested in showing itself to me.
    No I didn't fall down dead, lol, I'm a little hardier than that. But yes scared me to a point of losing my mind if it had stayed there, it dissipated like smoke.

I was weak for the rest of the day, had palpations etc..
    I thought that when it appeared I would have been able to openly tell it to fck off, or pray, but not only could I open my mouth, but I couldn't get the thought of a prayer into my head.

If it was a "demon" ?!? so to speak, all I can say is Fck me was this thing very very powerful. One thing it wasn't was a human spirit I know that for sure.
    Felt like it could tear my heart mind and body to pieces easily.

nd with this, can you expand a bit? Have you any idea what it could have been, or why it appeared, or why you saw it, or why it hated you. And, how do you experience something like that and not just fall down dead with fright. I mean, did you go back to washing the dishes or did you fall into a heap for a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Here's a bit of a mad one that happened in the last few weeks.
    One of my best friends gave me a bracelet before Christmas and it's so lovely that I was wearing it all the time. I took it off one day for exercising and it seemed to have totally vanished for a couple of weeks, no big deal and I mentioned it to the girl I couldn't find it anywhere.
    I usually get changed in the spare room as I'm getting up way earlier than my boyfriend and one day I was trying on outfits so my stuff was all over the spare bed (important for later). When I was finished, I gathered up all the clothes, accessories etc and tidied them away. The bed was totally empty at this stage.
    The next day I was in there doing my hair, makeup and whatever else, before starting work. I was back and forth between where my makeup was and the mirror, which is on the other side of the room. I picked up my hairbrush from the spare bed, brushed my hair and place it back on the bed. I went back to get makeup, returned, grabbed the hairbrush to brush my hair again and the bracelet just flew off the hairbrush as I picked it up to brush my hair.
    When I picked the bracelet up, it had been totally stretched outwards, as if someone had pulled it apart. It didn't even fit my wrist anymore. It's made from metal, but clamps your wrist, if that makes sense.
    I was properly freaked out because I had just brushed my hair with the hairbrush and the bed was clear, aside from the hairbrush and it just appeared out of nowhere.
    I would've been more skeptical if I hadn't cleared the whole bed of stuff the previous day. I was shaking at the time and in disbelief as it just seemed so strange.
    I've attached a picture of the bracelet and hopefully you can see the bend in the metal.
    Anything this friend seems to give me throughout my life has either completely vanished or gets lost for a long time.
    Few examples:
    Hairband she gave me that I constantly wore and has completely disappeared.
    Hair straightener she gave me completely vanished and has never been found since. So odd considering it's a larger object.
    I have visited a psychic or two over the years and one mentioned "tell your friend to be careful" but didn't state why. The other one kept on about my hairband, that I mentioned above, for essentially the whole visit, saying how much she liked it and it was overkill and after a while I felt uncomfortable because she just seemed transfixed by it. It disappeared a few months after visiting that psychic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

He sounds like a complete gob****e.

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Here's a bit of a mad one that happened in the last few weeks.
    One of my best friends gave me a bracelet before Christmas and it's so lovely that I was wearing it all the time. I took it off one day for exercising and it seemed to have totally vanished for a couple of weeks, no big deal and I mentioned it to the girl I couldn't find it anywhere.
    I usually get changed in the spare room as I'm getting up way earlier than my boyfriend and one day I was trying on outfits so my stuff was all over the spare bed (important for later). When I was finished, I gathered up all the clothes, accessories etc and tidied them away. The bed was totally empty at this stage.
    The next day I was in there doing my hair, makeup and whatever else, before starting work. I was back and forth between where my makeup was and the mirror, which is on the other side of the room. I picked up my hairbrush from the spare bed, brushed my hair and place it back on the bed. I went back to get makeup, returned, grabbed the hairbrush to brush my hair again and the bracelet just flew off the hairbrush as I picked it up to brush my hair.
    When I picked the bracelet up, it had been totally stretched outwards, as if someone had pulled it apart. It didn't even fit my wrist anymore. It's made from metal, but clamps your wrist, if that makes sense.
    I was properly freaked out because I had just brushed my hair with the hairbrush and the bed was clear, aside from the hairbrush and it just appeared out of nowhere.
    I would've been more skeptical if I hadn't cleared the whole bed of stuff the previous day. I was shaking at the time and in disbelief as it just seemed so strange.
    I've attached a picture of the bracelet and hopefully you can see the bend in the metal.
    Anything this friend seems to give me throughout my life has either completely vanished or gets lost for a long time.
    Few examples:
    Hairband she gave me that I constantly wore and has completely disappeared.
    Hair straightener she gave me completely vanished and has never been found since. So odd considering it's a larger object.
    I have visited a psychic or two over the years and one mentioned "tell your friend to be careful" but didn't state why. The other one kept on about my hairband, that I mentioned above, for essentially the whole visit, saying how much she liked it and it was overkill and after a while I felt uncomfortable because she just seemed transfixed by it. It disappeared a few months after visiting that psychic.

jinn messing aporting things and placing them somewhere else, or never see the items again. Happened a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Jaysus....a PM popped just into my Inbox and I was afraid to open it thinking "Great another infraction."

Just some random poster sending out some marketing BS.

Got some fright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I moved out and sold my “home house” about two years ago now and although I think of it a lot, I hadn’t been back to see it, what with everything that’s been going on. Last week I found myself dreaming about it a lot. I was waking up in the middle of the night and sweating, thinking I was back home, then realising where I was. This happened at least three nights in a row and then today I decided to drive to my old home and just have a look. I thought maybe it would settle something inside me and I wouldn’t be so unsettled at night. So I went there, parked up and just had a look really (from the comfort of the car, I didn’t get out obviously). I reminisced a bit and then as I was driving off, the family who now live there got into their car which was parked out the back and drove out the gate. They waved at me and drove off. I was making shapes to move on myself at this point so I just happened to be driving off right after them. It’s then I realised, the car they’re driving is my old car! Exact same reg. I sold it to a garage so there’s no personal link there at all, purely coincidence. A young girl driving and her mother in the passenger seat.. it literally could have been my life this time two years ago, same house, same car.. her and her mam. I don’t know why but it made me so emotional. It was like I was caught in some strange time warp, looking at my old life but someone else living it. I followed them for a few minutes until I realise what a strange person I looked and so deviated down a side road.. it probably doesn’t sound strange at all to read but I promise you it was strange and surreal to witness

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ah retro, that must have been difficult, for you.
    And a bit surreal, as you said, seeing them, and in your old car, almost like a scene from your past.

I'm not surprised that you felt emotional about the whole thing.

I hope that visiting the house helped and that you will feel more settled after doing so.

Ah retro, that must have been difficult, for you.
    And a bit surreal, as you said, seeing them, and in your old car, almost like a scene from your past.

I'm not surprised that you felt emotional about the whole thing.

I hope that visiting the house helped and that you will feel more settled after doing so.

Hugs retro xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ Maddest story ever! :eek:

spegnor87 wrote: »
    Not my finest moment but during a lads' weekend away in Paris, 17 years ago this June actually, I woke up very hungover and alone in the hostel and badly in need of some 'company'.

The hostel was in the city centre and I went out and grabbed a taxi and asked for some 'red light girls'. The African taxi driver knew what I meant and we drove about 25 minutes out of town to a very old fashioned street with a row of quaint looking terraced houses. The taxi driver got out, pressed on the intercom and mumbled something in French which I couldn't really make out from the taxi window which was only half open. He gave me the thumb up and got back on the car and said 'ok, you can go inside now'. He asked me whether I wanted him to wait and being in the mood I was in I planned staying a good while and told him he could leave and I sorted out the fare.

I went to the door which was ajar and closed it after me. It was an old fashioned tall wooden door with stained glass and when I was closing it I noticed the taxi driver was still there, staring at me in a strange kinda way. Anyway I walked through the hall and towards the stairs and noticed that everything was really old fashioned and rustic with really old fashioned French music coming down the stairs. I called out 'hello' and the music lowered and I worked out that it was coming from a room just overhead.

I knocked on the door and was acquainted by a lady dressed in a long red dress and a very pale complexion. Her eyes were kinda sad and she had dark makeup around her eyes. As weird as it was I was immediately attracted to her though she just smiled and gestured without saying anything to me.

She brought me into the room which was only lit up by sunlight flickering through the window which was also stain glassed. She lay me down on the wooden bed, squeaky old thing and slowly undressed me. I won't be graphic but she did everything at an easy and steady pace without ever taking her eyes off me. Again without being graphic, when the initial phase was over, she mounted me before I could do anything such as suggesting using protection. The experience was completely surreal and intense and when I finished she said the only thing she said throughout the entire duration 'merci'. She kissed me on the cheek and when I had put my clothes back on she refused to take my money. I couldn't believe it.

She led me out of the room and closed the bedroom door after I left. I walked down the stairs, which seemed much longer than before, and I opened the front door. It was pitch black outside. My phone started buzzing with missed calls and messages from my mates who hadn't a clue where I was. It was 23:42 on my phone and I had entered there at 11:30am or so. Something had elapsed all my time and my phone had never rang once when I was inside, it wasn't on silent either.

I walked for about 20 minutes before I could find a taxi and got back to the hostel. I've never been able to find that street or any other evidence regarding what happened me. I didn't even tell the lads as they wouldn't believe this. To this day I believe I made love to a dead woman and to be honest I've never been the same since.

Proper , proper if true!! great story man!! :D
    Njoy'd that one

Njoy'd that one

Ah man, he was smoking some funny pipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Njoy'd that one

Sounds like material for a fantastic horror/supernatural short story.

Advertisement