Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Small number of posters, mostly but not exclusively United and Liverpool fans, that want to be the most obnoxious **** they can get away with.

And you just know that plenty of posters lamenting the trolling and baiting are actually perfectly happy with it when it is their 'side' getting away with it, or when it is 'the other side' the target of it.

After big games, it's there for all to see. Mods should be going through thread like the Man United PSG 1st leg thread or Barca Liverpool 1st leg thread, looking at posts, asking themselves 'is this poster just posting to be a trolling dick thinly veiled as banter?' and if the answer is yes, then f**k them out of the forum for a while.

Posters act like **** because they get away with it, and then the form attracts posters who want to act like ****.

All of this used to be worse, but it's still a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It’s not a thread to discuss any individual mod actions or individual posters. I didn’t make the conversation specific, I’m merely responding to posts of others targeting me as an individual.

Your like Politician. Your saying loads without actually saying anything!

How do you know information that only mods should know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

A clearly defined charter that all posters must sign up to ahead of the 2019 season
    Failure to do so removes posting privileges of individual posters
    100% application of the charter by the moderators
    No making up of rules to ban posters by moderators I.e. since when is mangling a name for comedic effect part of the charter
    Two moderators from each of the big clubs I.e United, Liverpool, Arsenal and so on. Gav and kilth do a great job for Chelsea and spurs I believe
    United mods not allowed action Liverpool posters and vice versa. Will remove bias and accusations of perceived bias.
    Moderators who are inactive be stripped of their rights to mod the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭SM01

osarusan wrote: »
    Small number of posters, mostly but not exclusively United and Liverpool fans, that want to be the most obnoxious **** they can get away with.

And you just know that plenty of posters lamenting the trolling and baiting are actually perfectly happy with it when it is their 'side' getting away with it, or when it is 'the other side' the target of it.

After big games, it's there for all to see. Mods should be going through thread like the Man United PSG 1st leg thread or Barca Liverpool 1st leg thread, looking at posts, asking themselves 'is this poster just posting to be a trolling dick thinly veiled as banter?' and if the answer is yes, then f**k them out of the forum for a while.

Posters act like **** because they get away with it, and then the form attracts posters who want to act like ****.

This 100 times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

brinty wrote: »
    A clearly defined charter that all posters must sign up to ahead of the 2019 season
    Failure to do so removes posting privileges of individual posters
    100% application of the charter by the moderators
    No making up of rules to ban posters by moderators I.e. since when is mangling a name for comedic effect part of the charter
    Two moderators from each of the big clubs I.e United, Liverpool, Arsenal and so on. Gav and kilth do a great job for Chelsea and spurs I believe
    United mods not allowed action Liverpool posters and vice versa. Will remove bias and accusations of perceived bias.
    Moderators who are inactive be stripped of their rights to mod the thread

What you've suggested is good in theory but the reason people are made mods is primarily because they've demonstrated a level head and an ability to action a troublesome post without bias.

You can't ask someone to volunteer, be wide enough to know who is and isn't a supporter of "their team" while also moaning about the lack of presence of mods in general.

Increasing mods is a good thing but as always, policing what they are and aren't allowed to do isn't going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

osarusan wrote: »

Precisely. And most of them are the ones with multiple posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

What you've suggested is good in theory but the reason people are made mods is primarily because they've demonstrated a level head and an ability to action a troublesome post without bias.

You can't ask someone to volunteer, be wide enough to know who is and isn't a supporter of "their team" while also moaning about the lack of presence of mods in general.

Increasing mods is a good thing but as always, policing what they are and aren't allowed to do isn't going to work.

And they get it wrong loads of times across the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Forum is grand now. Best it's been in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

The carry on in the champions league thread last season was a watershed moment that was handled appallingly by the powers that be and clearly showed blatant bias. I actually couldn’t believe some of the stuff that was allowed and what was the complete whitewash of it in the feedback thread last year was the turning point for me as a long time poster.

There is clear bias. That thread crossed the line and then some. That little was done about it subsequently(we were told to wait for the feedback thread to voice our concerns) speaks volumes about the state of the forum and the way it’s run.

Look,boards can run the place whatever way they want and people can accept it or not and not contribute anymore, like I did.
    It’s the ridiculous denial and painting a narrative that the forum is run one way when it is clearly run another.

The modding(or lack of)is a complete joke. Their silence at times is deafening. Beasty seems the most active. I mean how is he being left to action things? Wtf are the others doing? They are certainly posting away til their hearts are content but completely impotent when it comes to modding duties.

This whole feedback thread is complete waste of time. It’s window dressing and most know it.

A lot of people are slowly but surely realizing what the soccer forum has become. It’s a shame as I had more than a decade of contributing and really enjoyed it, but the utter hypocrisy and underhandedness made me stop many months ago.

The usual suspects are still infesting the forum with their utter childishness and two faced carry on. The forum is ruined. It’s a waste of time as is this feedback thread. It’s poor form by boards. As I say run it whatever way you want but at least be honest about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It’s not a thread to discuss any individual mod actions or individual posters. I didn’t make the conversation specific, I’m merely responding to posts of others targeting me as an individual.

Any updates on how you know about who is reporting posts your ignorance of the question is deafining?

Your right it's not a thread for discussing individual mod actions but it is a thread for discussing general modding behavior the fact that so many people claiming there is nothing wrong but yet multiple supporters from multiple clubs have asked for clarification and updates through many threads via help desk shows many have concerns.

It shouldn't be a thread for people to debate back and forth about problems unless it's an admin or mod replying to posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I find it amazing that the same people who were straight in trying to wind up opposition fans after the Barcelona first leg can complain about being subjected to “attacks” and “bias” etc, etc. The accusations of modding bias were directly addressed by the admin team in a Helpdesk thread and found to be baseless. It’s time to let that chestnut go. And on a general level - as the Barcelona first leg / second leg comparison illustrates clearly - the calmness on the forum is coupled with results on the football pitch.

Or the difference between the aftermath of this year's CL final compared to last year's CL final. This year passed off peacefully for two reasons 1 Liverpool won so that fanbase was happy and generally didnt go on the windup.
    2 because Liverpool won the utd wind up merchants dissappeared for a few days and any Utd fans that came into the liverpool thread were in to congratulate.
    Last year when Liverpool lost you had Liverpool fans losing it when they would be on the wind up if roles are reversed and Utd fans in full wind up mode and revelling in it.
    There is no difference between either side about 8 to 10 posters on each side that ultimately love all the drama of this stuff and then complain when it doesn't go there way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

just make it black and white if pool fans post on the wind up in rival threads its and instant ban from the thread and vice versa. People cannot be trusted to keep emotions and comments in check a zero tolerance policy should be enforced until people behave.
    With that in mind anyone who posts anything mocking heysel, hilsborough or munich should be site banned with immediate effect.

Tippex wrote: »
    just make it black and white if pool fans post on the wind up in rival threads its and instant ban from the thread and vice versa. People cannot be trusted to keep emotions and comments in check a zero tolerance policy should be enforced until people behave.
    With that in mind anyone who posts anything mocking heysel, hilsborough or munich should be site banned with immediate effect.

Was said in last years feedback thread too either enforce the charter with no discretion or remove rules. I'd fully support enforcing the charter properly and having enough mods so that stuff can't be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Are charters on any other site or is just boards? Don't think I've seen them elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Are charters on any other site or is just boards? Don't think I've seen them elsewhere.

They are usually just called rules, I'd say near all forums, at least the ones I frequent have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tippex wrote: »

Cross thread baiting is another issue,this year it actually seemed that certain posters were genuinely upset that another group didn't pop into certain threads. Posters were actually namechecked and discussed as part of this. Are they not happy to be left alone or do they miss conflict?
    Why do these posters call for bans etc yet bait posters and get in digs in the perceived safety of their own thread just in the hope that their fishing gets bites and the ones who reacted end up getting cards or bans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »
    They are usually just called rules, I'd say near all forums, at least the ones I frequent have them.

With the exception of some of those really fúcked up sites 4chan, liveleak and the like every single forum has rules. Charter/Standard/Guides/Expectations/Conduct all basically rules to dictate whats acceptable and what isnt. Even reddit has rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Rules would usually be general. The SF has another layer. Was just wondering tbh

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Rules would usually be general. The SF has another layer. Was just wondering tbh

Its standard across boards, but essentially they are just rules you need to abide to continue to post in the forums, they also set out the cards/bans process and in saying that the SF charter is what it is today due to the feedback threads with updates. So it should be followed by the letter of the law and there should be no Leeway given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You made a very specific comment that suggested you had privileged information. You have posted numerous time since but despite several reminders, you have refused to answer the basic question.

Now either answer it or admit that your comments were totally unfounded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's objective I know but I feel there should be a standard for posting in the humour thread. Too often I go in there after a 'shock' result and find posts that amount to little more than "your team lost - lol!".

Magically, wthin the confines of the humour thread this seems to not be considered trolling yet if it were done in any of the superthreads it'd be a carding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's objective I know but I feel there should be a standard for posting in the humour thread. Too often I go in there after a 'shock' result and find posts that amount to little more than "your team lost - lol!".

Magically, wthin the confines of the humour thread this seems to not be considered trolling yet if it were done in any of the superthreads it'd be a carding.

How about a rename of the thread? 'The lack of humour thread' seems like it'd be more appropriate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

How about a rename of the thread? 'The lack of humour thread' seems like it'd be more appropriate!

Sometimes there is some funny stuff in there but you have to risk wading through a lot of shyte score-settling to get to it. I rarely bother now

The Fishermans Thread.

Discodog wrote: »
    You made a very specific comment that suggested you had privileged information. You have posted numerous time since but despite several reminders, you have refused to answer the basic question.

Now either answer it or admit that your comments were totally unfounded.

Surely One would think it be easier to now claim its unfounded that would be convenient and it could be brushed aside.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Surely One would think it be easier to now claim its unfounded that would be convenient and it could be brushed aside.

Is this a soccer feedback thread or a specific user feedback thread? Last year the witch was hunting thaks4fish, this time luckyloyd?

Is this a soccer feedback thread or a specific user feedback thread? Last year the witch was hunting thaks4fish, this time luckyloyd?

So you think asking a poster to explain how he knows stuff that is privy to a mod is a witch hunt? No it's not its a bloody right for people to know how he has the inside track on what is going on!!!!

Bring up whatever you want from last year but what's going on here just shows what this place has come too!!!!

Same thing as last year the mods open the thread and leave it become a back and forth between posters one side shouting down the other side continously and don't even intervene or give anything to the discussion just leave it reach a boiling point with no benifit to anyone.

Lloyd elected himself to speak on behalf of the moderators earlier. Lloyd however does not appear to be a moderator so people are just wondering why he was speaking for the moderators.

Stop looking to be offended. If Lloyd wanted to keep his moderator status a secret he shouldn't have revealed it.

In fairness, the poster in question posted on this very thread that he had in depth knowledge of reported posts
    . And when that didn’t work have seemingly decided to try and raze the forum to the ground with massive volumes of targeted post reporting

Do you not see this as a cause for concern, that a user who has no access to see these is getting information on these by a mod/admin? What other info is he been fed? Who's reporting? Users info? Who knows? But the user should answer the question.. how does he have such knowledge. A mod or admin should never be wilfully giving any of this information be it reported posts or otherwise to someone who is not a member of the mod/cmod/admin team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

It's a thread about the current state of the forum. Lloyd has stated he doesn't think there is anything wrong with it. He vehemently defended a mod in this thread and in the helpdesk thread. He then said that people that had posted in that thread and this one were engaged in a targeted campaign of reporting posts.

There is no way he could possibly know who is reporting posts or who the reported posts relate to because he is not a mod yet he is able make very specific statements about just that.

So we have a poster vehemently defending a mod and said poster has access to privileged information that only mods should have access to.

It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together and questions are rightly being asked about it.

If mods are providing details to non mods which is very clearly the case here then it has EVERYTHING to do with the state of the forum and the accusations about inconsistency and bias.

Same thing as last year the mods open the thread and leave it become a back and forth between posters one side shouting down the other side continously and don't even intervene or give anything to the discussion just leave it reach a boiling point with no benifit to anyone.

Tbf its just showing how much MORE dysfunctional things have gotten. Now regular users are part of the mod team :pac:

Best to just lock and hide away the thread now if this is after 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh I had fun trolling in that thread after Pool lost the league on the final day. That's what it's for. Do think Robboklopp goes over the top with terrible photoshoppped images and nothing remotely funny all the time but feck it. Leave it the way it is.

In fairness, the poster in question posted on this very thread that he had in depth knowledge of reported posts

And it was a stupid thing to say. But it has become the only subject. There is no feedback being given, but an opportunity taken to have a go. I think it is clear he assumes what he said rather than can support it.

I just think it is ill that a group have taken one ill made statement and use it like hounds with a scent, and lose opportunity to actually make feedback that could help their cause, and end by showing the symptoms of the wrongs they perceive in the forum.

And it was a stupid thing to say. But it has become the only subject. There is no feedback being given, but an opportunity taken to have a go. I think it is clear he assumes what he said rather than can support it.

I just think it is ill that a group have taken one ill made statement and use it like hounds with a scent, and lose opportunity to actually make feedback that could help their cause, and end by showing the symptoms of the wrongs they perceive in the forum.

When feedback was being provided Lloyd put himself front and center nominating himself speaker for the mods and screaming "there is no bias" to any feedback that was being provided.

This I agree with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

No witch hunt but be great if Lloy could reply to the numerous posters asking how he knows about reports.

Seems very fishy someone with no mod status is able to tell us about the reports .

I have no doubt when he returns to this thread he will be more than happy to let us all know and put the issue to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A) It was speculation on my part, based on a few things
    B) unless it has changed over the past few years, reported posts from all forums go into the same place and are viewable by all mods on the site

The rush to believe there is some sort of conspiracy and collective frothing at the mouth is certainly interesting though.

Mods in hiding but nothing unusual there.Can a cmod maybe step in and answer a few of the questions posed ?
    Fairly pointless unless Mods are willing to engage in the feedback.

B) unless it has changed over the past few years, reported posts from all forums go into the same place and are viewable by all mods on the site

The rush to believe there is some sort of conspiracy and collective frothing at the mouth is certainly interesting though.

So you have no clue and your original post was pure speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

pjohnson wrote: »
    When feedback was being provided Lloyd put himself front and center nominating himself speaker for the mods and screaming "there is no bias" to any feedback that was being provided.

I’ve never spoken for the mods. Users are perfectly entitled to their views on how the forum is modded though, and entitled to find unfounded with-hunting of specific mods and posters distasteful.

So you were just talking scutter and lying then.

People who have been thread banned for trolling clearly shouldnt be heeded as was said earlier.

That shíte just derailed this thread for pages. And he was asked almost immediately after posting the lie.

Maybe we stick to actual facts and evidence to provide feedback not made up rubbish about "witch hunts"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was a very specific claim to make if it was speculation on your part. Very easy for people to get the impression that you had more information than any poster should have.
    Colour me sceptical but I find this reply about speculation a paper thin excuse for a statement that clearly hinted at you knowing things you have no right in knowing.
    Either that or you just like making fantastical claims and lying.

I’ve never spoken for the mods. Users are perfectly entitled to their views on how the forum is modded though, and entitled to find unfounded with-hunting of specific mods and posters distasteful.

Where is the mod and poster witch hunting people have problems with the way the forum is Been modded from a number of people?

The only mid been mentioned in here has mostly been mentioned by people claiming there is a witch hunt.

People asked you to explain what you meant and you have explained it as you were spoofing so where is your credibility in a proper debate if your making up stuff to try prove an argument??

What's the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

This is going well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haven’t caught up on reading through all of this yet so it may have been mentioned already, but one of the biggest problems in the Liverpool superthread (and I’m sure it happens in others) is a couple of posters, supposedly fellow supporters, consistently targeting a specific few and taking low level, petty jabs at almost everything that they post for seemingly no other reason than to disrupt the thread and shut down certain discussions.

These aren’t controversial posts that are being targeted either, it’s usually unfavourable opinions of certain players or trying to shut down conversations that they aren’t interested in, but again, only a specific few posters are the targets of this. The ignore function usually does nothing for this as those posts are often quoted due to the usually angry and spiteful nature of them.

The problem was much worse back a couple of years ago and it seemed to be dealt with and sanctions were dished out, but it’s been rising again over the past season and it’s not being dealt with.

It’s absolutely normal to disagree with posters on this forum, that’s the basis of any good debate and what keeps the site going, but when it’s a consistent agenda against a few posters in particular (proven by the fact that others who post the very same opinions aren’t even addressed by these posters), it’s quite clear that it’s an intentional thing and that’s a problem that needs to be readdressed IMO.

This isn’t the only problem I have with the forum and from what I’ve read so far, there are plenty of issues I’d echo from other posters, not just from fellow LFC supporters, but this is definitely the one that affects our superthread the most for me so I’d love to see it being addressed and resolved, which it was once before.

One more thing actually; reporting posts has become 99% pointless, especially this season. Either action the reported posts consistently or at the very least, mods shouldn’t delete posts that have clearly breached the charter. Posters and lurkers deserve to know if a post has been sanctioned or not, and even if deleted posts have been carded and dealt with privately, nobody can see that apart the culprit so there are fewer examples on-thread of what isn’t acceptable to post in this forum (which seems to vary depending on which mod is active, thus making the charter redundant). This one absolutely does my head in tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,506 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Everyone on Lloyd's back about a conspiracy after the forum had to put up with unsubstantiated bull**** for a year about mystery WhatsApp groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Ok so the claim that posters are trying to raze the forum to the ground with massive volumes of targeted post reporting was just wild speculation?
    Bizarre stuff altogether, there’s literally nothing tangible to speculate on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,506 ✭✭✭✭noodler

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is this more "speculation" again?

I think so.

Certain fans made references to it very often.

It was all very nod and wink but none of them ever backed up the paranoid claims.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Some of the people whinging about conspiracy in this thread too are hardly saints themselves. Alanis Morrisette could write a couple of songs about it, although she'd probably need to improve on her previous examples of irony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement