Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a working, 4 thread Overlocker/Serger they don't want anymore?

Options
  • 15-05-2019 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi there,

This is a long shot I know but just on the off chance that someone never uses theirs anymore and it's just gathering dust, I would love one. I have recently got back into sewing and as someone who is in need of a whole new wardrobe. It would make my life easier for some fabrics and open up my repertoire especially allowing me to make sportswear that fits so I can get in shape again :rolleyes:. It needs to be one that cuts the excess fabric and uses 4 threads please. I can collect from pretty much anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
    Rachael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You probably want a free one, but Lidl have an overlocker this week for €169.99 if its of any interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Thank you so much for the tip but yes, I am looking for a free one as I am an exceedingly broke mature student who cannot justify that kind of outlay at the moment even if it is pretty reasonable. I'd actually be happy with a long lend but I realise that most people are not going to lend to someone they don't know but just thought I'd put it out there, I would take very good care of it and oil it every use and mine is a non-smoking home so it would come back to you as good as it left.

Also, perhaps one of you knows someone who doesn't sew anymore who might have one gathering dust, maybe you would ask them for me please, I'd be very grateful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Take a photo of overlocker, stick it on a card with your phone number and drop a card into every charity shop that takes electricals.

Ask them to call you when they get a machine in, you could end up with a bargain.

I do this for knitting machines and it works brilliantly. If I don't buy, I will write out the description for the shop and price the machines to sell. Win win situation

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Oooh, this is a great idea, thank you so much, you are a genius :D

Advertisement