Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ormus wrote: »
    He's only just gone 21 so I'm guessing he'll be eased slowly into the team, probably won't be a regular before Christmas

He also gives us an in-house replacement if Toby's contract situation does not get resolved.

For now, he'll compete with Dier when we play a back 3, plus offer cover at centre half and right back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The thought of Toby leaving scares me. What a loss he'd be, he's possibly world class. He deserves parity with Kane as our top earner. Please sign a new contract Toby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The thought of Toby leaving scares me. What a loss he'd be, he's possibly world class. He deserves parity with Kane as our top earner. Please sign a new contract Toby.

Id say that he is our most important player along with Kane. Maybe even more so.

Id imagine that the signing of Sanchez is with one eye on the possibility that he leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭golfball37

Some farce that only 70k will be there tomorrow despite demand being 100k.

I'd imagine the interest in Foyth will be dropped now we've bought a centre half, even if Wimmer leaves.

I'd be a bit surprised if we're really after Aurier, he doesn't seem like Poch's type, but I might be wrong.

I reckon we'll get Diop and hopefully an attacking midfielder, Keita Balde would be nice.

Looks like I was wrong on Foyth, apparently a deal has been struck. Guess that means Wimmer will go in the next few days and Dier will be mainly a midfielder this season. Although Foyth being only 19 he'll probably be used very sparingly for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ormus wrote:
    Looks like I was wrong on Foyth, apparently a deal has been struck. Guess that means Wimmer will go in the next few days and Dier will be mainly a midfielder this season. Although Foyth being only 19 he'll probably be used very sparingly for the foreseeable.

You could say he's going to have to Foyth his way into the starting XI.

*ahem*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

According to sky sources we are close to singing the Southampton goalie I honestly never heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

09_09_09 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40978395

Levy must be drunk to spend that much for defender and now Dier can concentrate on his midfield game. Happy with the signing.

We are heavily linked with the following players;

Juan Foyth - prospect
    Pape Diop - I like his name - prospect
    Kieta Balde
    Sergie Aurier

I would gladly take Kieta and we should try for Seri from Nice to cover Dembele. Poch said we will try to get 4 players so lets see....

It looks like Seri is heading to Barcelona, but both Foyth and Sessegnon are coming. Sessegnon just signed the contract so will cost us big bucks.

We are buying all the defenders :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Seems mad - the best defence in the league last season and that's where all the spending is?

Let's hammer these r3nt boys.
    Heart says 3_1 spurs Kane double and Toby with a late bullet header to seal it,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

#THFC: Lloris (C), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane. #COYS

Poor first 20 minutes, but we were well in control towards the end. Need an early goal if we want to win this though.

My stream was sh..te for the last 15 mins but we looked decent from what I saw.

Same old rubbish. Huff and puff blows down most EPL houses but not even a depleted Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Keeper made a balls of that,spurs will struggle at Wembley again this year

Was that Wanyama or Sissoko who delayed on the ball in the lead up to the winner. Could hear a thing in the pub

Fecking sissoko gave the ball away and stupidity and laziness he put his hand up to to appeal for a offside instead of bothering his hole to get the ball back! Need to shift him out asap he makes adebayour look like a team player

davycc wrote: »
    Fecking sissoko gave the ball away and stupidity and laziness he put his hand up to to appeal for a offside instead of bothering his hole to get the ball back! Need to shift him out asap he makes adebayour look like a team player

It was Wanyama.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Same old rubbish. Huff and puff blows down most EPL houses but not even a depleted Chelsea.

The same ol rubbish huff n puff blew down a full strength top form Chelsea in January...

Wanyama was very bad today, clearly not fit and shoulda done better with that ball, but it was an awful hospital pass by Hugo.

• Advertisement

It looks like Seri is heading to Barcelona, but both Foyth and Sessegnon are coming. Sessegnon just signed the contract so will cost us big bucks.

We are buying all the defenders :pac:

What's your source on Sessegnon? If we do buy him I hope we loan him back to Fulham for the season cos he'll hardly get many games ahead of Ben and Danny.

What's your source on Sessegnon? If we do buy him I hope we loan him back to Fulham for the season cos he'll hardly get many games ahead of Ben and Danny.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3180155/fulham-reject-new-tottenham-bid-for-ryan-sessegnon-sources

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/15/tottenham-hotspur-have-25m-bid-fulham-prodigy-ryan-sessegnon/

I think we will get him. We just need to pay bit more. I think this is Rose last season with us after his ill judged comments so it makes sense to buy him now.

We are urgent need of at least one pacy winger/wide forward so fingers crossed on Keita.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3180155/fulham-reject-new-tottenham-bid-for-ryan-sessegnon-sources

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/15/tottenham-hotspur-have-25m-bid-fulham-prodigy-ryan-sessegnon/

I think we will get him. We just need to pay bit more. I think this is Rose last season with us after his ill judged comments so it makes sense to buy him now.

We are urgent need of at least one pacy winger/wide forward so fingers crossed on Keita.

Ok, those are from last week when we had a bid rejected, I thought you'd heard of new developments.

Tottenham have announced that Kyle Walker-Peters has signed a new contract with the club until 2020.

Great news!

Also, it looks like we are going to sign Man. City wonder kid Jadon Sancho.

We officially signed that Spanish sounding goalie from Southampton .

davycc wrote:
    We officially signed that Spanish sounding goalie from Southampton .

I think I speak for all of us when I say "Whoop-dee-do".

I think I speak for all of us when I say "Whoop-dee-do".

Not an exciting signing, but a necessary one all the same.

Tough CL draw. We'll get nothing from Real and Dortmund outclassed us over two legs 18 months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

golfball37 wrote: »
    Tough CL draw. We'll get nothing from Real and Dortmund outclassed us over two legs 18 months ago

It could have been much easier, like check Man United's Group, but I do no think all is lost, we should do Apoel home and away, that just means getting the better of Dortmund over the 2 legs, assuming we match Dortmund's pts v Real.

COYS!

• Advertisement

I think we'll top the group, they'll all soil themselves when they get to Fortress Wembley

I think we'll top the group, they'll all soil themselves when they get to Fortress Wembley

That's the spirit... Dortmund of course lost their last cl match at Wembley so hope springs eternal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Inquitus wrote: »
    It could have been much easier, like check Man United's Group, but I do no think all is lost, we should do Apoel home and away, that just means getting the better of Dortmund over the 2 legs, assuming we match Dortmund's pts v Real.

COYS!

Considering Dortmunds main man is on the verge of moving to Barca, that will weaken them.

Our under 23s team is playing Manu live on mutv right now, we are currently 3 up after half hr.
    Coys ! We want 9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cameron Carter-Vickers gone on loan to Sheffield United.
    Still only 19 so hopefully he can prosper there.

Read an interesting piece before about how under Pochettino we don't use the loan system to develop players, he prefers to develop them in house, and we use the loan system as a shop window for unwanted players (Fazio, Clinton).

Hopefully Onomah and CCV can show something in the Championship this season.

Looks like I was wrong about Aurier, apparently we've agreed a deal. He's brilliant at his best, better than Walker, but sounds like a handful and was presumably on pretty big wages at PSG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Looks like I was wrong about Aurier, apparently we've agreed a deal. He's brilliant at his best, better than Walker, but sounds like a handful and was presumably on pretty big wages at PSG.

A very exciting player going forward. Quick so he can negate quick players in the opposition. Always capable of moments of idiocy though on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

greendom wrote: »
    A very exciting player going forward. Quick so he can negate quick players in the opposition. Always capable of moments of idiocy though on and off the pitch.

A bit like Walker so then

Looks a better defender than Walker, although I've only seen him a few times. Anyway, ain't no better coach of full backs than MP

"Today, I was talking for one hour with Toby. He is so happy here. The club now is so busy trying to add more quality to the team," explained Pochettino. "It's true that Davinson is more competition for our centre-backs but it can only be good. No doubt, when the window finishes, Daniel will try to work and make happy every single player of the club."

Music to our ears.

Levy out.

• Advertisement

What channel is our game against Burnley tomorrow guy's, had a flick and can't see it on sky, upc,bt ? Tia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What channel is our game against Burnley tomorrow guy's, had a flick and can't see it on sky, upc,bt ? Tia.

See attached

Why Sunday for this game when not on tv? It's not as though Burnley were in Europa league either

Jayop wrote: »
    See attached

Thank you comrade Jay!

Awful game. Once again, all the possession but no actual threat. The team looks tired, which seems to be normal for us in August.

Should have put the Arsenal/Pool game at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

F@@K Wembley curse two minutes away from victory

Absolutely pathetic from Spurs today. No creativity from anyone on the pitch, and it's no less than Burnley deserved after the last 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

All is not lost, we are active in the transfer market
    "Buying defenders"🤔

Poch at fault in my eyes.

In the 83rd minute we should have just seen the game out in order to make sure this Wembley thing didn't become a thing (which it sure as hell is now)....

Why were the full backs so far up the pitch, repeatedly in the last 10-12 minutes... its not as if the treat from Burnley exposing them wasn't coming. They exposed tripper twice in the 5 minutes leading to the equilizer.

Full credit to Burnley, they deserved a point.

Why isn't KWP in the team? Trippier was comical for the winner today, it was if he left it for the centre back.. except nobody was laughing. Am so despondent after today. Wembley thing drags on yet again. I was so confident we wouldn't win I stuck 30 on Burnley not to lose today. Gutted to be collecting the money but said id cash in on the inevitable misery.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement