Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction to Nursing distance learning course

Options
  • 05-09-2009 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start distance learning course in Introduction to Nursing.
    I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff like distance learning course....
    And I would love to hear from someone who has done this course :confused:
    Does anyone know how this course usually runs? And is it more difficult than ordinary traditional course?
    I've wanted to do full time course, but because of my job, and newborn baby it's almost impossible to do so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hollowjourney

Hi Summergirl
    Where are you doing the course....in ireland or abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Hi Summergirl
    Where are you doing the course....in ireland or abroad

Hi hollowjurney,

I'm going to start this course in Progressive College of Education in Dublin, never dune distance learning course, and just wandering if it is more difficult to do, than the ordinary course:rolleyes:?

http://progressivecollege.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hollowjourney

Hi
    I have done distance learning courses but not in nursing so my advise is generic. Put the work in and you should be fine. Probably the best thing to do is get to know some of the other students doing your course so if you run into difficulties you have someone you can to talk to. Not saying the tutors aren't helpful but been able to talk to someone in the same boat as yourself if a great help and typically you will find they have the same issues and concerns as yourself. Also if you help/explain course materials to other students, you end up learning a lot yourself.....hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

hollowjourney,

Thanks for you help, in my paper it is stated that we going to have workshop in October, hope it really helps me get to know some people who is going to start course with me.

Advertisement