Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The "Irish Connection" was done nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I download the first season of this on Friday after a friend recomended it to me & just finished it off. It's my favourite TV show since Dexter. It's well written & Ron Pearlman is brilliant as Clay & Katey Segal is a million miles from Peggy Bundy. Now I'm looking for something else to watch before True Blood & Weeds come back next month, any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I did the same. Just have to check out the last ep tonight. I'd recommend Oz or Deadwood. Can't go wrong with those.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Was it just me or did anyone else think Ron Perlman's character was called Sam Crow?

Took me till episode 5 to find otu what Samcro actually meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

jayteecork wrote: »
    Was it just me or did anyone else think Ron Perlman's character was called Sam Crow?

Took me till episode 5 to find otu what Samcro actually meant.

Haha me too!

• Advertisement

I did the same. Just have to check out the last ep tonight. I'd recommend Oz or Deadwood. Can't go wrong with those.
    I watched deadwood last year from start to finish & loved it, funny to see Charlie Utter as a cop again in SoA. Might try Oz, saw a few episodes on TG4 a couple of years back but didn't get into it because i missed a lot of episodes. Thanks for the suggestions. I might try Breaking Bad too, it looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the_syco wrote: »

it was not, they asked him how the war was going and guy never referenced the ceasefire or sinn fein going into power in a negative or positive way.

the_syco wrote: »
    it was not, they asked him how the war was going and guy never referenced the ceasefire or sinn fein going into power in a negative or positive way.

I remember one of the women in the show mentioning that the "true IRA" never entered into the peace accord. That's the only way they ever mentioned whats going on in the North as far as I recall.

Anyone else think that the IRA guy was dead meat along with Cherry(prospect's girl). There was HUGE heat with the ATF and both Cherry and the 'Ra guy could have put all of the Sons away for good. So along comes the nastiest assassin on the show, HAPPY, and gets them into a truck and they're never seen again. IMO they're both buried in a ditch somewhere. Did you see Happy stick an icepick into the back of the Mayan leader's son. Ice cold that guy.

We know Clay was willing to kill his buddy and Sons member Opie to save himself, so what does he care about some terrorist and some dumb broad?

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    I remember one of the women in the show mentioning that the "true IRA" never entered into the peace accord. That's the only way they ever mentioned whats going on in the North as far as I recall.

in that epsiode?
    oh okay i missed that, its smart writing if they did say that, it was still a little hammy.

• Advertisement

in that epsiode?
    oh okay i missed that, its smart writing if they did say that, it was still a little hammy.

I'm not sure which episode it was on. As far as i know it was the Agent Stahl talking to the deputy lad
    about getting the guns from Dungloe
    jayteecork wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the IRA guy was dead meat along with Cherry(prospect's girl). There was HUGE heat with the ATF and both Cherry and the 'Ra guy could have put all of the Sons away for good. So along comes the nastiest assassin on the show, HAPPY, and gets them into a truck and they're never seen again. IMO they're both buried in a ditch somewhere. Did you see Happy stick an icepick into the back of the Mayan leader's son. Ice cold that guy.

We know Clay was willing to kill his buddy and Sons member Opie to save himself, so what does he care about some terrorist and some dumb broad?
    I wouldn't agree with this because
    the irish lad was the link they had to the IRA for their guns & they wouldn't have saved his life when he got shot if this was the case. In the case of cherry, Jax said to Tig "we don't kill women" when he stopped him from killing the witness in police custody, & also they knew she would disappear herself because of her intense fear of being locked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

One special guest who has been cast is rocker Henry Rollins who is going to play this hard-boiled Aryan guy who is somewhat reformed

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheWealth

If you like SoA...try Under Belly...think it might be in the same sort of vein

Does anyone else think Clay and/or Gemma had something to do with John's (Jax's dad) death - it might be just be but i think they are involved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

watched it all a few months back, was entertaining enough but not mindblowing.

not a patch on The Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Watched this a while back as well, was great brain candy to help kill an hour or so.

Sons of Anarchy returns for season two Tuesday, Sept. 8 at 10pm on FX

The Harley mafia drama moves to a new night as Sam Crow faces down new adversaries, including a clutch of white supremacists (played by Adam Arkin and Henry Rollins), as well as old adversaries like the ATF and rival clubs. Ally Walker and Mitch Pileggi will return as guest stars for round two, but Drea de Matteo, who plays Jax's baby-mama Wendy, is moving out of Charming for the season.

its back season two started last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I take it that's FX in the US, not FX UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jip wrote: »
    I take it that's FX in the US, not FX UK ?
    Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just good first episode imo. sets it up nicely for whats to come.

~Snip bold talk~
    will watch it in a bit.

well that was crap all round, the events in the show i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

<3 Henry Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I like where season 2 is going. Man, the end of 201, my Jaw just hit the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is to be no discussion of where you are watching this unless you are located in the United States or Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Have to say that the first season started well,became terrible for a few episodes (the patch over episode was awful) and ended with a few great episodes.From what I,ve seen of the first few episodes of the second season while over in Canada it is much more polished than the first season and the whole Macbeth father/son struggle is beginning to take a clearer shape.

Having said all that it is basically just credible enough to be watchable and rarely surprises you and the dialogue can still clang.Another gripe is the constant dependence on white power as the big bad.I mean surely theirs other groups out there.And the real IRA having an abundance of guns and a shortage of cash(other way around surely) and running guns in northern california!!!It is a big dumb show for lads.It doesn,t belong in the same stable as the Shield or the same universe as the wire or the Sopranos.But its getting better.

there's more drama than action

Starts on RTE 2 next Tuesday night at around 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Only just saw this thread.

Watching series 2 at the minute and I think its a huge improvement on season 1 loads of stuff going on.

I started watching season one again there Tuesday night, I remembered how disapointed I was the 1st time I saw it, not a great opening ep but it does get better but season 2 in miles better in every way. Grittier if ya will.

Mods feel free to delete the thread I started, apologies.

Advertisement